Prologue
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grey clouds lazily moved following the northern wind, silently watching over a luxurious carriage.


Birds chirping and trees rustling could be heard in the background, the atmosphere was so serene that even the driver of the carriage and its numerous guards were dozing off.

 

You have died.

 

You have lived 57 years, 4 months and 1 day. 


Calculating karma …
-999

A body adorned with golden medals and all kinds of precious jewels was slumped on its red leather seat, blood secretly flowing down its arm, covered by a black silk sleeve.

And so, nobody noticed anything, especially as they could not even dare to directly look at the newly dead corpse. Even the few guards that glanced at him, just thought that the man was peacefully sleeping.

It was an error so simple yet unpredictable, the carriage continued moving slowly but surely towards its destination, clueless to the death of its only passenger.

 

“What the f**k?”

 

A red panel of light appeared in front of a flickering, annoying white flame. The characters used to write on it were particularly unique

You have died, finally.


The skill [World’s End(EX)] has approved your rebirth.

Due to your karma, you will receive numerous penalties, so die quickly.

You bast**d.

 

“Huh, so this time it was out of nowhere, cool. No, wait! This is the second time you screw me over! We had a promise, you bast**d

 

[World’s End(EX)] clarifies that, according to their contract, you should have lived your second life as their hero, not their monster.

 

“Well, it was impossible for me to do that in the circumstances you gave me!”

[World’s End(EX)] states that there wasn’t much choice in the first place.
And also, I can’t directly help a contractor you stupid id-

 

“Yeah, yeah, sure. Look, I’ve done this thing twice now and I kinda got the hang of it now, so let’s get going.”

 

In that vast black void, just two lights flickered with uncertainty. The red one, coming from the panel, reminded one of a corrupted photo with its graphical glitching.
And the white one,that has long lost all of its vigor, just a shadow of its former self kept together by God knows what.

 

And so, the flame disappeared, ready for another challenge, while the red message gave light all by itself.

 

A boy, around fifteen years of age, suddenly opened his eyes. They were blood red, and from them transpired a depth that shouldn’t be felt from that age; his body, scarred and malnourished, tried moving but it rather squirmed and did not budge.

 

“Gwagbga-”
When he tried speaking, he realised that he had been gagged, the boy frowned hard and tried putting strength in his limbs but he soon came to the conclusion that he had been drugged and restrained to the wall and even with chains, as he had little control over his body’s movement and strength.

 

Soon enough, his eyes got accustomed to the dim lighting and so he slowly scanned his environment and discovered he was being kept in a cell, with heavy steps coming towards him. Two burly men abruptly entered the room, freed him from the wall but not from the heavy chains constricting his arms and started dragging him somewhere.
When his eyes finally detected light, he was in a high platform in the middle of an arena, three other people were waiting for him. He was thrown to the ground and his escorts left the scene.

Two of these people were tall and muscular executioners carrying rusted axes and wearing a black mask, the remaining one was a prisoner like him but carrying much lighter restraints, he was looking in the air as he was biting with all his strength on the gag, looking so angry that he could strangle somebody. He was familiar...
That's right! He was the trash of this whole empire, the greatest bast**d there is, Ronald Whirlen Levantine, to think he was being executed with him, the guy that found it usual to be almost killed on every Tuesday at 6 PM.

At that moment, the both of them looked at each other like companions even while being strangers and thought the same thing.

“Sh*t, I'm doomed.”

This is an experimental book, I have very little experience in writing and so the quality will probably questionable, the chapters are probably going to be a bit shorter than what you might expect and, as I try to work as much as possible on every chapter(except this one), there won't be a schedule. If you still want to read this book and help me, thank you, write all your suggestions on my writing in the comments, I will read them all but probably won't reply. Also, english isn't my first language.
Have a good read.

0