4th Stage- Depression
263 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nyx could only stand and watch as Cirrus returned to his darkened form. She cannot stop what is happening to the human who absorbed a god.

"…Erebus you fool." Nyx said, painedly.

As Cirrus melts back to when he first entered the domain, he finds himself in an empty, dark space.

"…"

"…"

"…"

"…"

He did not move. He simply stayed curled up in a ball, only thinking. He was reflecting on the things he did in a place devoid of anything that could tell him the passage of time.

Swish!!

Spurt!!

"Please spare-GAH!?"

"Here you go!"

"T-thank you, young man!"

"You fucking brat!! Do you know who-Crack! AHHHH!!!!"

"Tell me what you know before I break more."

"Come on, get up! You let me get you!"

"Well, I was starting to feel bad about beating you every time."

"Ah…Ai." he softly said as he began to remember more of her.

The more he remembers her, the more and more angry and tired he becomes. Tears began to fall once more.

He eventually found out what got him in this situation.

"…Erebus." His voice was coarse from the crying. "Evilus…" He clenched his fists tightly into his palms. "You…fuckers. I will never forgive you!!"

 

Back on Gekai.

Gram which was in Cirrus's hand, was activated and had slowly begun to encroach into the emerald. It quickly expanded and was now fully ruby. The pieces of his Cerberus armor began to shift and change.

The status on Cirrus’ back suddenly opened up. The status started to rise drastically before breaking.

"!?" Astraea felt her connection to Cirrus shatter.

 

Nyx watched as the dark mass began to take shape again.

"…I have hoped you didn’t go through with it. That you just stayed curled up in your own despair."

From the mass of darkness, Cirrus arose in a new form.

A demonic deer-looking creature with golden twisting horns. Disturbing rusted black armor covered him completely, with chains hanging loosely off of him as a red tattered cape formed behind him bearing the visages of those he had killed. But its most terrifying feature was its eyes. Its eyes were no longer emerald but a flaming red glow like that of a campfire on a lonely night. If one were to look deep into them for enough time, they would see the anguish swirling around with resentment, mournfulness, and heartache.

Tears streamed down his face. Dripping under the mask.

"I… am Alcides." His voice held a cold distant feel to it.

A divinity of red and darkness flooded out from him. The essence of Erebus was now part of him.

"The Final Dark God."

Nyx bore witness as his divinity began to fill her own domain and even into the other gods in heaven.

"…I am so sorry."

The world began to turn into a myriad of different vivid colors. Nyx herself began to turn more and more godly. Becoming the embodiment of the night.

"We of Heaven banish you from death. You will walk the world till even time runs out. This is your labor, your punishment."

In a kaleidoscope of colors, Alcides was sent back.

Back on Gekai, they could feel his divinity; a feeling of enormity washed over the world.

7