Chapter 7 [Escapade] (Luna)
454 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I quickly flew towards the outskirts of the Capital. This time I wanted to personally observe monsters, and if possible, adventurers on duty. My excitement was hardly containable, I mean come on, this is a fantasy world damn it! It's only natural to want to see fantasy stuff. 

Since I'm rather high up in the sky and was practically invisible, pretty much no one noticed me (At least, I hope no one did). I already managed to bypass the wall surrounding the capital flew above a nearby forest.

(Just what is up with this author's obsession with forests.)

Naturally, because of constant surveying and extermination, monsters wouldn't be found near the capital, so I obviously had to fly further if I want to see them.

I have to make things quick since I don't have too much free time, if I'm late and mom finds out about my daily flight sessions, I'm screwed.

After flying for god knows how far, I finally saw it, the first real living monster that I've ever seen. A goblin, the most common lowest class monster in basically every fantasy world. It's funny that I'm excited over such a stupid thing, but I really am, this is basically the most definitive proof that I'm living in another world (You know, besides Magic and Mana).

There's three of them and they're definitely the staple goblins; green, short, and ugly. They had flamboyant hairstyles while wearing what looks to be animal hide, two of them were holding wooden clubs and one was holding a rusty sword. From what it looks like, it seems they're patrolling this area or something.

'Okay, calm down, me! You know what to do now.'

Naturally, they haven't noticed me yet. Even if they can, they have nothing that can reach my at this altitude, so I should be good.

*Crackle*

Gathering my Mana, I swiftly visualized a spear of lightning in my head, which quickly became a reality through the [Hero's Power]. After forming it, I grabbed hold of it with my right hand, and since it's made from my own power it obviously wouldn't hurt me.

"Hehehehe..."

With a pose akin to a javelin thrower, I threw the spear made of lightning like a certain womanizing piece of sh*t god.

The spear flew downward, aiming it's sights on an unsuspecting goblin. The poor goblin naturally had no knowledge of it's on coming death, as the spear accelerated faster and faster,

...before rapidly dissipating midway, leaving only a spark which managed to land on the Mohawk haired goblin's shoulder, mildly surprising it and causing it to look around.

"???"

"..."

Through my excitement, I managed to forget one particular thing. Everything I had formed using the [Hero's Power] thus far had always dissipated after reaching a certain distance away from me.

I felt a little embarrassed, and am just glad no one managed to see my blunder. A part of me wanted to rectify by personally going to them and blasting their heads open, or perhaps moving closer and really start hammering them with lightning spears, but I opted not to.

The reason I kept my distance to begin with was that I'm really not prepared to face an actual monster directly up close just yet. Even if I was really strong enough, my mental preparation hasn't exactly come full completion as of right now.

"...You win this round."

I silently muttered, making my first strategic retreat in this world. The lucky goblins had no clue that they managed to stave off their deaths, but surely they won't be so lucky next time.

After that little fiasco, I decided to just keep observing rather than doing anything directly. Flying around the area, I managed to find a few more interesting critters loitering the place.

Some horned rabbits here and there, wolves with interesting looking fur patterns, a slime hopping around a distance away, and many more weaker looking creatures. I never did see any higher class monsters nor any typical adventurers so that's unfortunate, either I'm not far enough or I just happened to be in a relatively calmer area.

Regardless, my curiosity had somewhat been satiated and it was probably about time for me to leave, so I started flying back to the direction of the capital.

As I began to pick up the pace, flying steadily back at HQ, I encountered a small house in the middle of the woods. It was relatively simple house, and from behind it was a garden filled with various plants that was being tended to by a woman and a little girl.

'Hmmm?'

Naturally, It was particularly strange for a person to live such a distance away from a city. While it wasn't far from the capital, it certainly wasn't close enough that help could be received quickly in the case of an emergency.

Me being myself, I was obviously curious and attempted to take a closer look. Thinking my concealment was good enough, I strayed a little too close to them.

Using Mana, I enhanced my ears to listen to them. It wasn't anything major, the woman was just explaining the plants and their uses to the little girl. The little girl in the other hand was listening closely, nodding at the words of the lady.

Just as she finished her explanation and catering the plant she was speaking about, she stood up before turning towards my direction. At that point, my brain uttered a huge 'Uh-oh' but it was already to late.

"Now then, why don't the little peeping tom over there come down and have a chat with us?"

Whelp, I'm screwed. I hesitated, not sure whether to just gun it or try to converse peacefully with them. They looked friendly enough, and it's not as if it's their fault that I'm out here sneaking around. Then again, appearing peaceful doesn't necessarily mean they actually are, for all I know they could be very hostile.

In the end, I trusted my gut feeling and slowly lowered myself to the ground before releasing the concealment. The woman didn't look all that surprised while the little girl was most definitely a bit shocked, immediately hiding behind the woman. I mean, I would be too if a person just suddenly appeared before me, even if I had mental preparations for it.

"Oh my, I wonder what brings such a cute little girl here?"

The woman spoke in a seemingly amused tone. Having taken a closer look at them, the woman was quite beautiful, with her silky brunette hair and eyes the shade of deep brown. Although, the gardening clothes she wore did seem incompatible with her.

The little girl on the other hand looked around eight years old, with a long light purple hair and dark blue colored eyes, wearing a brown shirt and pants likely meant for gardening use. While she certainly looked pretty, and will probably grow up beautiful like that woman, they didn't appear to be related to each other, at least not by blood.

"...Are those wings?"

'Oops' Hearing the girl's question, I immediately remembered I was still in my [Celestial Form], I quickly returned the [Hero's Power] back to my heart, causing my wings to dissipate and my hair to return to gray. The little girl seemed even more shocked with that development.

By the way, I called it [Celestial Form] instead of hero form because it fits more with the appearance and definitely sounds cooler.

"You don't seem surprised at all."

"Wouldn't say I'm not. Just that I made a habit not to show my surprise outwardly."

The woman conversed with me while displaying a light smile. I don't know how she somehow maintained a calm and approachable demeanor despite talking to a stranger that invaded her territory, is this the privilege of being a kid?

"Well, you are the second little lady to somehow get lost into my abode, you know?"

"Eh?"

So she means that the little girl behind her also stumbled into her house? Is her house some sort of children's magnet or what. No wait, I found her house while flying, did the girl just walk through the forest to reach here? Don't tell me, is she...

"Are you a witch or something?"

"What? No, I'm not a witch. Sure I know a few spells, but I'm a warrior through and through. Where did you even get that idea?"

'Oh...' Can't tell if I'm disappointed or relieved, for a second there I thought I fell into the classical 'Witch in the woods' development. Then again, the 'Powerful warrior training in seclusion' is also a pretty cool concept, I could be wrong about that too though.

"Why are you in the middle of the woods then?"

"I just don't like being around people, I guess. Also, shouldn't I be the one asking the questions here? You are technically the one who intruded my home."

Well, she certainly isn't wrong.

"I just found this place while roaming around, I just wasn't expecting someone to live around here so I wanted to see a little closer."

"Even still, aren't you too young to be out here alone? Where are your guardians?"

"About that, I just sneaked out so they probably don't—"

'Oh wait, crap' I forgot I was supposed to be going back home. 

"Woops, sorry about that, looks like I might have to go! I'll see you guys later."

I immediately returned to my [Celestial Form] and quickly flew off, leaving the two(?) dumbfounded. Unfortunately, in such a rush and panic, I forgot to keep track of which direction I was going. Having to retrace my steps a few times, I finally got back on the right path. Too bad, I was more than just late anymore.

Arriving back near the capital, I didn't forget to conceal myself again. And just like last time, I smoothly pass by the walls, before heading back to the castle.

By the time I was there, everyone seemed pretty lively moving around all over the place. I was already having a bad feeling seeing that, but I still tried to sneakily enter my room through the window.

Upon entering inside, my worst nightmares had come to life. Right away I knew, my end was nigh.

Sitting on my bed was my mother, as beautiful as always. She was looking towards my direction, obviously seeing through my disguise. Alarm bells were ringing inside my head, yet I knew there was no escape.

"Luna, my dear, did you have fun?"

My mother spoke with a charming, almost comforting, smile. But all I felt from that were chills climbing up my back.

"Why don't you come sit here with me? It seems like we really need to have a talk."

'Well, Sh*t.'

It was really nice knowing you, everyone. At least, for the short time I've existed in this world.

 


 

I was severely scolded and grounded for a few days, no surprises there.

I got forced into confessing where I went and what I did, and while I indeed considered lying about it, the pressure mom was exuding at the time pretty much debilitated my ability to lie.

Naturally, being found out that I actually left the capital got me into some serious trouble. Let's just say mom was not the only one who got angered by that.

Welp, case and point, I'm not allowed to leave the castle anymore. Sad to say, even Vairon took measures to make sure that I couldn't go out, and that even if I did, I would immediately be detected.

It took the form of a weird bracelet like tattoo covering my wrist that seemed to be made of dense compacted Runes or something. The moment I take a step outside the vicinity of the castle, this thing would apparently alert mom, not to mention it's also capable of tracking me.

Honestly, I could probably remove it if I wanted to using the [Hero's Power], not that I'm stupid enough to actually do so.

Speaking of tattoos, from the moment I awakened, I obtained an artistic tattoo of a White Phoenix on my back that had the same eye colors as me. While I did think it was pretty cool, I couldn't really understand the significance of it.

Anyhow, I'm currently walking across the hallway. After being busy of almost a week and a half, the old geezer finally had enough time to pay another visit. 

When I underwent my awakening, he rushed back to the castle and stayed with me for a day. Well to be exact, every family member within the vicinity did, while the rest visited me a few days after. (Except, of course, Lenora. Who even knows where the hell she is anymore.)

By doing so, it caused his already piled up work to pile up even more. He isn't usually this busy, but for the past few months it seems something important was happening in the kingdom. It was serious enough that even Aiden and Vairon, who usually try to skimp on work to do their own thing, were actually earnestly assisting him.

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly privy to what it is either.

I do feel bad for him in a way, but I can't really help him. I never learned management and neither am I like those reincarnates who can make vast improvements in their citizen's lives just by sheer memory of modern day things.

Moreover, I'm afraid that if I show too much interest in doing so, the king might just immediately designate me as the next heir to the throne, which is absolutely the last thing I will ever put in my agenda. 

Finally, I reached and entered a room. Inside, I saw him sitting in one of the sofas, the King of the Amenthys kingdom and my father.

Ronus Amenthys.

One thing to note is that, while I constantly refer to him as an old geezer, just like my mom and the Queen, he looks to be around his late twenties at worst. Not to mention even with my biased lenses, he looks handsome in any way I spin it.

Like me, he had naturally grey hair which surprisingly suited him, along with violet colored eyes which seemed to emanate a sharp light. Had he been still single, he could basically pass as a male lead for some cliche josei romance novel/manga.

Of course, I still call him old geezer in my mind regardless. Given my oldest brother Aiden's age, he's basically almost old enough to be a grandfather.

"What's up, dad?"

"...You really never intend to grow any dignity at all, do you?"

"I don't particularly think I'll need it, so no."

Reaching the center of the room, I quickly sat down the sofa opposite to him. I shifted around trying to find a more comfortable position, casually leaning on the backrest.

Seeing my overly relaxed manner seemed to disgruntle him a little, but as with everyone, he seems to have given up in trying to change my habits and personality. 

"I heard that you recently left the capital on your own, why?"

The atmosphere instantly went cold the moment he asked the question.

"Uh... W-well, I just wanted to see the outside, you know? Since I pretty much almost never leave the castle anyways. B-besides, I flew up high enough that hardly anyone could notice me."

Practically everyone seems to interrogate me about this, I mean I understand I did something a little over the top, but I don't think it warrants this much questioning from everybody.

"Hardly?"

The old geezer slightly narrowed his eyes. I almost jumped from my seat, but I thankfully held it in. It's rare for him to be so serious like this, hes usually lighthearted when it comes to his children (Which is probably why we grew up the way we have).

"Then, have you met anyone."

"A-about that, I did meet some people, but that was mostly out of curiosity. I really don't think they know or found out who I am at all."

Hearing that he frowned, deeply contemplating about something. At this point I was sweating bullets, I really don't know what was so serious about me leaving the capital. While it's definitely partially related to my safety, there seems to be much more to it. 

"W-was there something wrong?"

He stared at me, silently scanning me while frowning. I was beginning to fidget around nervously, I could very much feel the tension rising in the air.

"Haaah— You know what, never mind."

Suddenly, he sighed in defeat halfway through, which only left me in confusion. The pressure surrounding us dissipated instantly, and everything seemed to return to how it was before. I was still a bit nervous, but I gathered my courage to ask once more.

"Did something happen?"

"No, not really. At least, not yet."

"What do you mean not yet?"

I hadn't noticed it before because of the serious atmosphere, but he looked really tired. He usually complains non stop about how exhausted he is with his work, but even then, he typically looked pretty lively while doing so, making his ramblings rather unconvincing. Yet this time, he genuinely does look weary.

"Well, even if something did happen, you don't really have to worry about it too much."

He stood up, instantly crossing the table between us and sat right next to me. On the way, he grabbed one of the cookies on the table and started munching on it.

"Oh really? Why did you interrogate me like a criminal earlier."

"Is that so? Were you scared? Are you finally feeling my majesty and prestige?"

He gave me a side glance, smiling in an amused manner. Normally, he was pretty much like this, though I can't say I'm not relieved that he's back to his old self.

"Scared? The gardener with his giant shears looks scarier than you, old man."

"Hmm, then maybe I should borrow his shears next time. Certainly would make for a more intimidating presence."

Pinching his chin, he appeared to be deeply mulling about it. Honestly, I can't tell if he's joking or serious, it definitely wouldn't be beyond him to actually do such a thing in the first place.

"In any case, don't worry about it anymore, I might've been just a tad bit paranoid."

"Couldn't you at least tell me why?"

Slightly chuckling, he mildly ruffled my hair with his hand. Most of the time, I try to avoid it since it just about messes up my hair, but this time I just let him do what he wants.

"It's because you're the Hero."

"...Is there a problem with that?"

"Usually no, but because you're also royalty, it becomes somewhat more complicated."

He smiled wryly, unwilling to disclose any further. Due to being too young, hardly anyone tells me any crucial matters. I've gotten used to it thus far, but it's still annoying to be left out.

"Just... Try to keep your identity as the Hero a secret, as much as you can."

"...Including, to everyone in the castle?"

"Everyone here can be considered as an exception."

"You trust everyone here?"

I couldn't help but be taken aback from that. A few people is understandable, but everyone? Sounds a little far fetch if you asked me.

"Let's just say your mother made sure of that."

"So you're saying mom can distinguish trust worthy people?"

"You'd be surprised."

Well there goes another addition to the list of mom's abilities. I genuinely have no idea what my mom's powers are anymore, every time I ask, she just brushes it off while teasing me. The only thing I know for real is that it's a unique magic of sorts.

"Was this what you came here for?"

"It was one of the reasons, but not everything."

"Then what was the other reasons?"

He gave a smile at my question.

"It's to ask what you want to do or become."

From this point I could already guess what he meant. It's a question that he usually ask personally to those who had recently awakened in our family. Once a direction was ascertained, he would pool a bit of his resources and aid the child in their ambition.

It's how Aiden, Lenora, and the rest of my siblings got to where they are. With the exception of me, since I've just had my awakening

It should've been asked at the time of my awakening, but due to the complicated nature of my awakening, it was held off a bit.

Of course, the answer was already clear from the very beginning. My goal from the very beginning, and also a way for me to escape being drafted into an academy (Which is absolutely NOT the main reason).

"Nothing's changed, I want to become an adventurer."

"That's fine, but it's a little too early for you to be one just yet."

Obviously, I'm well aware that I am way too young for that. Even if I was immediately given permission to go become one, I wouldn't want to either.

"I know, that's why for now, I want to prepare when I become one."

"Oh? Then how do you suppose you can prepare for that?."

There were a lot of things I wanted to learn, I mean this is a fantasy world, it would be a waste of my life if I didn't at least attempt to become the legendary overpowered 'All Class Profession' type reincarnated. But I'm also clear that there's only so much I can do at a time, and a limit on what I can learn by myself.

I don't exactly have a system that can instill information in my head, or make me instantly talented in every way I want to be. The quickest way to learn was obviously to learn from someone who is experienced and competent at the subject.

Most importantly, I need to learn skills that are actually relevant to my aspirations and make my life as an adventurer easier. Now, when it comes to making an adventurer's day to day life easier, the answer is fairly obvious in any way you look at it.

"First and foremost, I want to properly learn Magic."

 

12