aftermath PT.2
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Micha's body fully regenerated under the warm sun's rays. The sun gives off light, and the ground was very warm, saving his body from total destruction. His clothes, however, did not regenerate.

His body was completely exposed to the world. Dark glossy skin covered in various markings, making his bare body a sight to behold. There were some black ones and others of different colors, but they could not cover up the surprising amount of muscle across the body, though it was a small amount. Despite those features, the body was beautiful and pure. As if it were a work of art created by God, it was awe-inspiring.

"Is the pain gone?" Fortune asked, an anxious expression on her face. Somehow that opponent did something that countered his regeneration. That worried her, just like when they fought Peony, Micha had received excessive internal damage. "Do I need to call-"

"No you don't." Micha answered with a smile, feeling his bones snap back into place "I'm okay, just need some clothes."

"Yeah, I don't know that much about public nudity laws nowadays" Fortune nodded before Micha began sifting through his pocket space. "I still don't know why you choose to look like a girl."

"I like androgyny." the white haired trap replied pulling out cargo pants and a black shirt. "Plus I don't have to worry about girls being defensive around me if I look and sound like them."

"You sound like a creep." the phantom sighed.

"If you consider espionage training creepy, then yes, I'm a creep." Micha chuckled, sliding into his pants. "Besides, I don't even have a wonder-weller named William-the-one-eyed, so that's off the table."

"Yeah and now I regret buying you that anime." Fortune sighed, knowing exactly where he got that phrase. "But you can still reproduce, right?"

"cells? Yes, babies to another woman?....." Micha paused. An uncomfortable clump of fragmented memories echoed through his mind causing black tears to gather in his eyes. He wondered if he really did have a child.

"Micha you weren't in your right mind." Fortune said tenderly, wrapping her arms around Micha "that's why I made those powers."

"yeah." Micha sighed as he slipped into his shirt, pulling it over his downcast face.

"Hey, what about we sneak into the sick bay?" Fortune asked with a smile."There are some powers ripe for the picking in one place."

"Cha-ching!" Micha said happily while taking out a pair of shoes. "Blessings of the most powerful families, clans and companies? I'm in!"

"And you know that that's illegal and will have you evicted from the premises?" a deep voice spoke. It was Micha's older brother, relieved of his post and able to move freely across the premises. "but you knew that already right?"

Micha growled as veins appeared along his arm. Five feet, easily crossed, he could easily slice and kill his brother. Yet again, 'good child' robbed Micha of his emotions, making his eyes hollow and dark. The mutant copycat then turned towards the owner of the voice,his oh-so-great older twin, with a neutral face,similar to the one he was receiving.

"Hah, look high bro!" The man laughed, trying ease the poupable anger he felt from the mutant. "You are here! YH! Your dream Give yourself a pat on the back! and strong as heck!"

"What are you here for,Mihael." Micha sighed without a hint of emotion making the older male shiver even more. "I have better things to do so make it quick."

Micha's older brother, Mihael, was completely different from Micha in looks. He had a tall muscular body that was a sight to behold matching the bushy but well maintained black beard he sported on his face. His hair was neatly tied into a bun with the army soldiers outfit that he wore only made him look like more of a strong man while adding to Micha's growing jealousy.

"I'm just trying to talk, Micha." Mihael nodded, in his blue eyes no hints of lies were seen, "I just want to talk."

"About what? You fucking my girl, getting her pregnant?" Micha asked, staring at the taller man as if he were a bug,he wanted that to squash him like a bug but he knew he couldn't, but soon he will. "Or how you thought that you could hide it?"

After a short pause, Mihael replied, "Hey, we both wanted the child.". He just wanted to talk, talk to his younger brother who was plotting revenge. Although he had nothing to say, he had things to do and people to find, and he needed these blessings to do so.

"Yes but you also know that she was mine,i told you that she was but you just couldnt keep it in your pants." the younger brother sighed angering the older of them "you are just like mom the apple doesnt fall far from the tr-"

the twisted kings words were halted by a fist that bounced off his face like  a rubber ball to a wall. Mihael knew this would happen ,Micha's damage nullification only worked on blunt forces, but it felt better than allowing him to talk shit out about their mom."That's our mom Micha!  you will show her respect!"

"i know i know but i bet he wont let me." Micha grumbled as he looked at the vacant space out of the corner of his eyes making his brother even more angry as he talked to seemingly 'no one'"he keeps going on and on and on! ...yes,about our mother...yes the one who left me at my aunt's"

"you are still as crazy as always." Mihael growled barely resisting the urge to strike his mentally unstable brother but managing to pull through as he too out two small items from his jacket. he could persuade his brother, who respected contracts, to make one with him with these. As such he took a deep breath and said "I want to make a Devil's bargain!" in a loud voice.

"Ok, I wasn't expecting that." Fortune admitted however she knew the deeper meaning behind his request. "Don't forget your vows, Micha."

"What do you want?" Micha sighed, fulfilling his seventh vow. He now had to hear out his brother and make his decision, as stated in the eighth vow. "how long will it last and what are the costs of violation."

Micha possessed a blessing called a 'vow'; in exchange for making any number of rules that could not be broken, its holder would be granted great power. However if the user violates any of the rules the user will die. Micha made a total of twenty one vows to keep himself in line.

"Five years." Mihael replied, rubbing the stubble that would grow into a large beard. "You can't take mine or Fiona's powers for five years."

"How did you find out?" Micha laughed shallowly, slightly unnerved that his favorite project could be deduced so easily. "did your father tell you?"

"You aren't that complicated." Fortune muttered, though Micha paid her no mind.

"You are incredibly simple, bro." the other male sighed, "It's just like you to find joy in ruining someone,well at least now."

"You're to thank for that." the younger Esperonica reminded harshly. "But what am I getting out of this?"

Mihael waved a card and a large jump drive in his left hand. "Key card that will grant you access to almost any room in YH. and a jump drive that contains the blessing related information about YH students."

"What's stopping me from taking those?" Micha asked,seemingly having read Fortune's mind. However that track of thought was immediately crushed by the release of a thin stream of light blue aura. Both Micha and Fortune were consumed by a sense of terror like prey before a predator.

"Don't forget who the stronger Esperonica is." Mihael said seriously, reaffirming that he was the stronger brother even though he had only two blessings. "or do i need to remind you again.

"You've made your point." Micha huffed, unable to take the minimal amount of aura being released.

Closing his aura off,Mihael set his brother free while running his free hand through his black hair. "Do we have a deal?"

"Sure, let's shake hands so I don't have to look at your face." Micha nodded as he activated 'devil's bargain'. His left hand glowed red as he closed the gap and wrapped it around his brother's left hand. Similar to Micha before, Mihael felt an ominous aura fill him and stunt his movements. It warped time and space, butchering the shallow breaths of the petrified brother "I, Micha Cervantes Esperonica, at the price of death, so as not to take the powers given to Mihael Seriael Esperonica. Jr and Fiona Springle for five years."

With those words, the contract was completed, and the world returned to normal. The jump drive and key card were in Micha's hands and Mihael was safe along with his son's mother.

"Well, it seems like we have some more info." Fortune applauded happily deeming the contract worth the cost. Micha watched his brother walk away, his expression still hollow much to Fortune's annoyance "MICHA! lets go get those powers!!"

"Yea-yes" Micha snapped back, before realizing that he had no shoes on. "Okay, now I need to pick my shoes."

XXXXX

Mihael sobbed as he took a seat on the sidewalk. It was the second time he saw his brother in six years, and again his goal had not changed. It was not surprising; once a monster takes hold of a man, it cannot be undone. That's what their mother said when she told Mihael about the divorce when Micha was seven. In the beginning, his young mind could not comprehend it, probably because he was too addicted to mecha comics, but now he fully understands.

He was warned by the family head that his actions would have catastrophic consequences. In fact, his family head had offered to 'take care' of the problem for him. There was no reason he couldn't just let her pass by and kill the Springles without telling Micha.

Yet the 'man' in him would not let him take the easy way out.

Ogasa cautioned him.

His mother warned him.

Everyone they knew warned them.

Everyone told them to get an abortion...

BUT YOU JUST HAD TO MAKE A POINT!!!!

Without any assistance, the black haired man smashed his fist against the concrete. After remembering the name, he paused, his body shaking with rage. His son was killed by a monster who caused such a massacre many years ago. When he finds them he is determined to make them pay dearly...

Before the former father's imagination could go too far his phone rang. The caller ID read "1+14=15+18" causing Mihael to sigh heavily.knowing who he had to talk to and that he couldn't blow them off he answered with a sad "Sato."

A tantalizing voice answers, "Hello, lil Mittens.", causing the brunette to roll his eyes. "So did you get the new issue of 'Sweet Treets' monthly? I made sure to send your sis a copy."

"Sato, I know that's not what you're calling me for." Mihael sighed. He hated when his former crush acted this way. However Sato was in a particularly nasty mood that day and teased further, disregarding any sense of professionalism.

"Do you want big sis Sato to cry? You know you should speak to girls like that."

"Bite your damn tongue"

"Such foul language, I oughta punish you for being such a bad boy." Mihael furiously smashed his head against the floor. He hated this woman! "Oh my god you're bleeding! let me give you a big kissy-wissy on the forehead!"

"NOOOOOO!" Mihael yelled into the phone. "JUST GET TO THE DAMN POINT!"

"Ok,ok,ok. geez you Esperonica's are too serious." Sato giggled, her foul mood lifted. "Did you give him the drive?"

"Yes." Mihael sighed, feeling sick that he had to work with P.A.T.R.I.O.T. "Are you really gonna make a contract with my younger bro? His services demand a steep price, you know?"

"Don't worry, Mittens." Sato assured, with a sly smile, "We can easily rectify any problems we face."

"Ok, just be careful not to demand too much." Mihael grumbled, ending the call quickly. Cloaking himself on aura, he focused on scanning himself for anything 'micha-cell' related. His search came up negative. He had to make sure that he wasn't seen or heard,or else he would actually kill him this time since he duped him again.

Still fearful, Mihael summoned his 'Armor of reinforcement' in its jet mode. He really didn't want to be here when Micha finds out the drive was a tracker, so he jumped into his jet and evacuated. "Good luck aunty and I am very, very, very sorry."

0