winds of change
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The principal of the mighty fortress called YH Agent Academy clapped eagerly as he watched the news report. More glorious chaos, more entertainment for him at the sight of the reaper and the 'unknown assailants', the carnage brought genuine joy.

The man who still looked like a boy grinned as he wondered who had caused so much damage? What blessing did they use? What were their purposes? He needed to know!!!!!

His thoughts were cut off by the loud knocks on the door causing him to roll his single red eye.

"Come in." He sighed, using the more 'acceptable' voice of a young boy shortly after the door opened.

The person who walked in or rather rolled in was very strange in appearance. Their body was clad in gray, their hair was eye-catching indigo just like their captivating eyes.

This bat humanoid in an advanced electronic wheel chair taught 'agent law'; he taught the recruits the more legal side of being an agent. He was also the principal's number one annoyance due to the mutant's great sense of smell, and strict adherence to rules and codes.

The mutant man entered the room causing the principal to ask "You need anything, Vamp?" in a dejected tone.

"Good morning Principal Johnathan." the bat man nodded as he closed the door with his tail just like he opened it, before taking a swift breath before continuing "Let's start by turning on a light." before the tail moved towards the nearby lamp but was stopped by the young 'boy'.

"No." He replied as the slight sound of crawling insects was heard in the room. "If you want light you can use an overhead light."

"Point taken." The mutant man nodded, his ears slowly moving as they heard the sounds of the colonies of insects the YH principal had filled every corner of the complex. He turned his head towards the area near the TV. "Same place?"

"Yes, just be careful, I haven't cleaned this place yet." the young boy nodded as he let go of the tail and allowed the man to move towards the light switch. Despite the strong scent of blood that permeated this room, the mutant bat man managed not to gag and turned on the large overhead light.

As the room was illuminated, many boxes overflowed with scientific mixtures, shelves holding large amounts of frozen meats and filing cabinets, which seemed suspiciously empty.

"There are more than before," the law teacher hummed as he carefully turned his chair around to look at the young boy. "I don't understand why you like all this paper."

"Information is the greatest weapon a man can have." the young man sighed before blowing some of his green hair out of his one usable red eye."Become familiar with your enemies, and fear not a thousand battles."

"I forgot you majored in philosophy in college." the mutant exhaled, his head hanging low before looking at five open folders. "The Salville heiress caught your eye?"

As the principal shrugged, it was quite common for teachers, especially P.E. teachers, to find a student who had potential. Like finding newborn baby dragons who might become ferocious beasts one day. "What about you? Any mutants that caught your eye?"

"As much as I hate it, there are some," he admitted. Even though he disliked such things since it allowed for preferential treatment, in spite of that, he could not ignore those who fought tooth and nail for their power. "It is possible that the most powerful mutant might not even be a mutant at all."

The principal hummed suggestively before taking several needless loud sniffs of the air as he got closer to the wheelchair-bound man. The young man asked, "Is that praise I smell coming from you?"

"Shut up." the bat mutant replied curtly while looking as serious as possible

"Awww is the big bad vampire softening up?" The principal smiled with an ever growing smile while the bat-humanoid grew ever more annoyed "that's so cute what's next? are you starting to actually refer to recruits by name?"

"I came here to discuss assured acceptance applicants." The bat man said loudly, his hair standing on end showing that he was very angry "and the situation we are in with one of them!"

"Oh?" the principal asked awkwardly. He had expected the normal 'you killed someone' spiel that was heard every time his hoards received their servings of criminals. Yet that was not the case instead the normally silent teacher wanted to talk about the eight students who got a free ride? No, no, no? That didn't make sense....!

The principal's hair stood on end as he looked at the man who was confined to a wheelchair. "This sly fox." he thought before letting out a face splitting grin before coldly asking "Are you? Our favorite belle is captured. So we should think about the legal aspects of my mobilization?"

The principal thought that Mr.Vamp could give him some guidelines on the legalities of his colonies eating the perpetrators. However, he shut his mouth when he saw the deep red eyes of the bat man. Bat red eyes indicate predator mode or starvation. Either way, neither was an ideal sign for him.

"She's captured?" The man yelled his bat-like physiology making his voice nearly break the glass around him while the principal deadpanned. Despite his best efforts to deny it, that single red eye gave the teacher no doubt that it was true. "And you did NOTHING???"

"Yes and yes but you know why I can't." The red-eyed principal shrugged, before grinning evilly as his eye glowed. "Or do I need to remind you of my probation conditions?"

"You heartless...." The bat humanoid growled animalistically, his captivating eyes glistening with bloodlust.

Suddenly, the principal interrupted as some strange looking bugs that looked like phallus and hunter hornets swarmed around him for protection. In fact, these insects did not deter the bat mutant's hostile gaze, instead they heightened his instincts as a predator, as the solemn words "Don't let this become your grave." echoed.

The mutant could only do one thing: turn away from the man, unable to look at him, just a useless piece of trash before him. It was rare that the law teacher had much leeway in such confined spaces, such as the principal and teachers' campus studio apartment. Unless he used fire, all he could do was scream loudly.

Following behind the man, Jonathan asked "not gonna ask anything? Cause I wanna run and kill those guys."

"Probation restrictions?" Vamp grumbled with a raised eyebrow.

"I was wondering if you could whip up a bit of a case for me and my colonies to move out and find her?" The principal asked while a childish grin at the mutant's still raised eyebrow filled with skepticism. "What? Those safety commissioners are likely in uproar since losing their beloved hound. Obviously, they are going to use any means to get her back, and I am a very good tracker, if I may say so myself".

Now THAT? That was a fact that no one could deny. Although the mutant man hated to admit anything positive about his boss, he could not deny that the man's ability to control insects made tracing people a breeze. Yet that wasn't the problem. "Yes, they would need her back, but they could be in Grodenza colony, where the Arachnea live, or the lost colony of Alexandrianna. Neither makes me hopeful of a rescue."

An Arachnea force on the move would make any veteran tremble. In contrast to ravenous cryptids and unstoppable ghosts, Arachnea are unyielding cannibalistic forces. Conquering areas with gallons of blood per inch, it was for that reason that YJ Harbor was built, a stronghold watched over by three powerful families. Though families' relationships have seen better times.

The principal hummed, considering the likelihood of victory against the Arachnea on a simple scouting mission. The arachnids themselves are a problem. From what his insects read, they were smart enough to operate and maintain captured naval vessels, as well as to construct sturdy but crude walls and siege weapons.

"don't tell me you are planning to look over there?" Vamp groaned, not wanting to think of the utter madness that was running through his boss's head. "You can't win, even with your gargantuas."

"I know but it's not as clean cut as you think." The young boy shrugged and held up two fingers. "Getting past the walls is easy, it's not getting caught that's tricky."

Vamp sighed as they came to the elevator,pressing the lobby button he prepared himself for the large volume of his boss's brand of incoherent nonsense.

"It's their Queen and her four scourges that makes the mission a success or a failure." The principal guessed, which caused the mutant to sigh heavily at what, in his opinion, should be common knowledge.

The queen of the Arachnea has shown herself to be a strategic genius with her crusades toppling fortress city after fortress city in single-night campaigns of conquest.

Three years ago, however, when the death of Maria the black and the new choice of 87th 'light' were revealed, the frequent attacks on YJ harbor and other coastal fortress-cities did not continue. It appears that they made several surprisingly strong fortress walls out of Grodenza Colony's mountain rock, according to principal bugs' reports.

Unusual but not unwarranted since Grodenza was surrounded by enemies.

The scourges however were an entirely different monster. Speaking from experience Vamp could say that those creatures were no pushovers. Nothing short of a 'Titan' agent could go against them.

"I really am an idiot, aren't I?" the bat man thought, rubbing his useless legs before looking at the principal who was mindlessly talking about potential plans."If only I could fly again."

"CRAAAAPPPPP! I hate planning things out!" The principal yelled, bringing suffering to the bat mutant's ears. "WHY CAN'T VILLAINS BE AS ONE DIMENSIONAL AS THE COMICS?!"

"and that's why you're the criminal and I'm the agent." the bat mutant said, trying to ignore the ringing in his ear as the duo exited the elevator and began their journey towards the main school building."So about our assured applicants; we'll need to talk about Mr. Astrea's continuation in the program as his patron died yesterday."

"Caught in the crossfire?"

"We are in the east, while he was in the north. It is almost impossible that a stray attack would reach Thompson." The bat hummed honestly not believing what he had heard from his 'insider' who had been called out of retirement for this case. He was killed by a being that looked like a skeleton covered in purple goop." Take this as you will, but the UN will be much more focused on us now that an unspoken hero has died."

He nodded to honor the fallen unspoken world hero, then touched his head in the form of a star. He offered a silent blessing hoping that the angels would take the soul of this remarkable man to Valhalla where he may rest.

Nodding the principal asked "so how do you think we should proceed? though I already know the answer."

The application process for an agent academy is logically different from that for a traditional secondary school. A normal applicant is required to pass two tests, one physically and one mentally, as well as a background check before going on to an interview. This was standard as not everyone had the opportunity to be admitted to the more specialized schools reserved for level fours and fives. For assured application,however, having been admitted to one of those more specialized schools is a requirement along with having completed through an intensive program. Where one would study under the guidance of an experienced agent and learn about the various tasks of an agent. This is in addition to their normal school work.

In essence it was an internship, however that wasn't all that was needed.

"By the books, get rid of him and give the available spot to someone else." the bat shrugged in a cold tone. One needs a sponsor, someone willing to invest in a young agent, to stay in the program.

It would be wise for the principal to follow the books as the person responsible for administering the premier agent academy of the empire in order to avoid accusations of special treatment. The winner in him ,however, knew that despite losing six times to Longinuis, having someone like the infamous 'conqueror of blood' on their side would be invaluable. Perhaps even a guaranteed victory...

"Well maybe I could throw my hat in?" the principal replied with a mischievous grin. He knew a few people willing to invest in a promising mutant agent.

Noticing the smug giggles Vamp decided to ask "And if I were to help you gain some form of freedom in this case, what would you do?"

"Tracking." The principal shrugged,internally resisting the contract he had made until he blurted "And snitching if needed."

"Then you have lost my support!" The bat laughed hollowly, knowing what he meant by snitching the mutant thought it would be worse than good. Sure, the principal would track that little girl down. However, the amount of illegal and confidential details he would give up in exchange would only lead to more destruction in the long run.

"OH COME ON!" The principal yelled to the heavens "WHY CAN'T I ESCAPE MY PRISON?"

"Oh that's the least of your worries." the mutant sighed, amused by the young man's furious screams "You have to do about eighty personal interviews starting tomorrow."

"Oh shut it!" The principal cried, "I don't want to!"

"Welcome to the world of adults."

XXXXX

The twisted king shook his head as he moved slowly across the virtual mountainscape. He 'looked' forward, periodically releasing small shockwaves to compensate for his lack of senses. His body once beautiful now was nothing short of repulsive ,a black slime emitting foul odors and barely maintaining a humanoid appearance.

Thankfully for everyone this area was part of Micha's pocket universe.

Pocket universes ,or dimensions depending on who you ask, are the opposite of domains. One could liken them to imaginary numbers in mathematics, which are theoretically present, but cannot be confirmed.

The most common forms are the 'magic satchels', pockets of space that can be reached into and store non-living objects up to a specific weight limit. Like Micha's 'Dimension' blessing during the physical exam.

In essence, domains were like putting a decorated hat over your head where a pocket universe would be like retreating inside a daydream.

It was a gift from the Esperonica Matriarch when he was seven, and it grew over fourteen years. A neutral zone meant for rejuvenation, improvement or training for himself or others whom he trusted.

His anger could be let out in peace without fear of retaliation or mental resistance.

"I NEARLY DIEDDDDD!!!" He roared as waves of crimson air swirled around him before being released in a gust that cracked the ground beneath him. "Stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid,stupid."

"STUPIDDDDDD!" He screamed as another wave of crimson arcs erupted from his body, leaving an exhausted mess. Gritting his teeth in pain the twisted king fell to his knees staring upwards at the artificial blue sky of room 124. He cursed only himself, because his own stupidity had resulted in a loss of souls. "Fuck fuck fuck!"

He ground his teeth, anger filling his mind until something rumbled within him as its chains loosened. He took in deep breaths as the haze of fury in his mind cleared slightly. He wouldn't let that thing run loose, not when he was so vulnerable and low on cells.

If only...if only he had 'divine flame', the power he gave to his Forsaken ex-girlfriend Fiona, he could easily counter those knives. Regardless though,that cursed sword, undoubtedly the bloody blade was made by the Demon blacksmith in the far western continent.

Micha could only blame himself if that were the case.

The young man could still feel the lingering curse of that blade nesting within his soul. Right now the twisted king was reminded of the difference between someone who spends years mastering their craft and a cheap jack-of-all-trades.

To compare his half-assed and brittle creations to those of a world-renowned crafter would be, no was an insult of the highest order, worthy of death. Although they may be a nuisance, they will soon be assimilated.

The twisted king clutched his stomach as pain echoed from it, his face twisted and warped due to the phantom pains of the many thousands he had killed. It was the assimilation process! He had to rebuild his cells!

HE COULDNT STAND IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

XXXXX

"The bell tolls thy name." the looming shadow called with a tap of his large ultra greatsword, before it was clad in green flames. "Farewell young one, may you find peace with your ancestors."

XXXXX

"No!" Micha growled as he pushed himself to his feet, the terrifying sword-wielding shadow looming at his back so close, like the reapers of myth. The cold inky darkness of fear began to take its hold within Micha pushing him to run from the darkness. He ran in fear, seeking the warm comfort of his invulnerable parents' room, a sanctuary from terror.

As it feasted on fear, the beast growled as it attempted to break the chains more than ever before. A precious potential escape had once again shown itself and it would be damned if it let this moment escape its grasp!

As a woman's haunting moans and laughter echoed within his mind, the twisted king ran and ran without looking back. Angry, he fed the beast more. The chains were loosening evermore. It would only take a little more negativity and it would be free...

As Micha reached the top of the highest mountain, the alter was spotted.

Resting atop a large plateau coated in an emerald sheen, an altar composed of various kneeling obsidian statues. In each of the kneeling statues' raised hands were glowing red gems, seemingly a gift to a higher power. At the center of the large altar was a towering topaz statue.

A priest stood tall like a mythical villainous character. In its hands was a blinding pole of crimson blood that slowly fell into the small pool below.

Just what Micha needed.

A series of blood strands rose from the pool, each moving toward their master, just as the owner had wished. So he could return to that state of perfection that he so admired, he had to feed the horrendous cursed life that had been thrust upon him. For several minutes the gluttonous monster consumed the blood, growing and growing like a nightmarish human balloon. His previously inactive passive blessings began to activate.

The viscous blob began to shrink morphing through several forms before settling on its human form. His eyes were keen as his hair spiked like a wild animal, frantically searching for its potential predator.He needed a power,something strong,something wide reaching,something ex-

There was nothing.

A figment of the broken mind of the twisted king, the darkness he feared was a figment of his imagination.

The altar was drowned in silence as the twisted king stood still, his mind untrusting in his own safety. With the realization sinking in all he could do was yell.

0