R.E.D
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If one could commend Micha's aunt for anything it was how thoroughly she scared the young prince that was the old Micha Esperonica. The zombie slime visibly tensed as he was struck with Veronica's fists multiple times, each one covered in a winding curse making his eyes bulge out of its head, as if it was saying, "Oh no, not again!"

While blunt forces don't hurt him, curses certainly did!

"STOP! STOP!!!!!" Micha screamed, feeling the curses slowly building up; however the black haired female didn't stop; she only hit Micha repeatedly while speaking broken words between curses.

"YOU, STU-UPID,DUMB,FLAT-LEAVING,DIIIIIIICK!!!" She screamed before Micha coughed from a strong hit to his gut. "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE WORRIED!!!!"

"I WAS BUSY!!!!" Micha yelled back, only to be hit with a much stronger curse "I HAD THINGS TO DO!"

"YEAH! CHASING DOWN PSYKERS LIKE A DUMBASS!" Veronica yelled before grabbing the white haired male's collar before shaking him violently "WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE!!!!!"

"OK TIME OUT!" Micha screamed, losing patience and hitting Veronica on the head with his steel hand. The black haired female collapsed on her back with bats circling the top of her head while the lone male reached into his pocket dimension and took out a simple smartphone. "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fffuufuuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkk."

Teka glanced at Micha ,whose eyes grew wider and wider as he scrolled away on his phone, with knowing sympathy. Words could not describe the looming fear whenever she missed a phone call from her mom or uncle.

As Teka approached her god, she glanced over his shoulders; she saw that he had received over 1,000 missed phone calls in the last few hours. Most of the names were 'womb lender', 'cheater', 'tracker #1', 'tracker #2', 'fair lady', 'surgar mommy', and 'surgar daddy'. However, the name 'womb lender' stood out as it became more and more prevalent as he scrolled through missed calls stretching back a month prior.

"That's a lot of calls. You don't bring your phone with you?" Teka said as she watched Micha scroll through the nearly endless calls from 'womb lender' and 'asshole'. "a lot of calls."

"yeah. Both of my brothers' fathers have lots of connections. They could track me down at any time through phone towers." the mutant male explained calmly before pointing at a cellular tower a short distance away. "I would rather not answer him or my incubator, not until I have my revenge. Jeez she doesn't give up, huh?"

"Come on, Micha, she's still your mom." Vetronica said, rising to her feet with a slightly displeased and regretful look, "at least hear her out."

"she won't tell me the truth, why should I be around anyone like that?" Micha asked in a disgusted tone, A liar that was all that womb lender was, even before he was born. " And even if she was, I wouldn't be able to tell considering how much she's lied already and she won't consent to a 'curse of truth' either."

"Uhh, I'm here!" Teka interjected with a sweatdrop and a raised hand. "I have no idea wh-"

"Weren't you having a panic attack?" Veronica cut her off with a large question mark made of cursed runes. "Like less than two minutes ago?"

"I'm sorry, what in all literal hell?" Micha asked furiously, putting up his fists and lightly bouncing on his feet "does anyone need the business end of my fists?"

Teka couldn't answer. That episode, she couldn't explain it. She saw.... she couldn't recollect what she witnessed? She knew she had observed something but not what she observed. Teka's mind raced, trying to remember what she had seen. Suddenly, a flash of insight came. Teka remembered what she had witnessed. With a gasp of relief, she knew she could answer the question.

She then felt her eyes widen; why did she feel so calm? She realized she should be more apprehensive, yet? Only calm. She needed to think for a moment, the answer was within her mind somewhere. She needed the space and time to remember.

"I have no idea." she sighed sadly while the two deadpanned "But I did see a snowy field and someone eating my...ar-Stop looking at me like that!"

She wept waterfall tears as their expressions became increasingly curious as she explained. Her feelings of fear only grew as the two smiled before saying "Possess one, I'll deal with that later."

"Also if you are wondering, I don't want to talk with my mom because she is married to my step dad and had a hand in stealing my research." Micha spat his eyes narrowing sharply as the phone in his hand cracked. "'It's for the greater good, Micha' he said as he took terabytes of research AND hundreds of power series! What greater good? TELL ME! 'I'm sorry Micha but I can't tell you.' She's just like my ex-girlfriend 'all for the greater good.' But not telling me what that is!"

She gritted her teeth; here he was using the one thing she, from the Faust family of YH harbor, could not argue. In response to the constant theft of research by the Gungnir family of the north, her family, the Faust, broke off. If she refuted his point, she would spit on the reasons why her ancestors left oppressive progenitors behind.

As Micha's longtime friend, research partner and student she knew how fruitful research could be in the right hands and how dangerous it could be in the wrong hands.

Yet, that woman was her mother's closest friend and confidant, she deserves a certain level of respect and defense. Regardless of what she did or didn't do,what side she did or didn't take.

"I say he did the right thing." Teka interjected with a raised hand. If there was one thing that was hammered into her head by her mother and old man Karlson it was that- "with liars you can never tell if they are telling the truth after, in my opinion it's better to simply end the relationship before it sours."

"She spoke like an old person." Micha said while aiming his smug grin at Veronica causing the woman to become deadpan and sigh heavily at the two."At least someone agrees with me on this."

"But it doesn't mean you can't restart" she said quickly wanting to help the other saddened lady. "Blood is forever, after all."

"you were saying?" the curse user shot back smugly as the white haired male scoffed "don't be like that."

"shu-" Micha was cut off by his body kept under a table while he hissed at the sky like a cat.

"wha-"

"He is weak to water." Veronica cut off Teka's question, shamelessly revealing one of Micha's and consequently his stepbrother's weaknesses. Laughing, she continued, "He gets this way around lakes, rivers, or sprinklers. How did 'ole'boy' keep Micha in check? By dousing him in large bubbles."

"ITS NOT FUCKING FUNNY!" Micha screamed from beneath a table his skin crawling as it sensed the storm approaching. "ITS A SURVIVAL INSTINCT!"

"Yeah and fighting a trained level four swordsman instead of running isn't?" She mocked with a grin of mischief, causing Micha to growl which only egged her on. Mimicking the haughty princesses from stories she placed her hand partially around her grin and said "Oh my the supreme mastermind of revolution is afraid of water! Oh how the mighty have fallen!"

"OK THAT TEARS IT!" the mutant yelled, rushing out of the table and engaging the curse user in a fierce pushing match. "NO ONE YANKS MY CHAIN LIKE THAT!"

"AHHH HELP ME A BEAST IS TRYING TO HURT ME!" she fake screamed as she fought back against Micha "HELP."

When Teka watched the two push each other like children, she giggled. She remembered how children in her community fought before their blessings were awakened. It was always cute!

"Get it, MICHA!" Teka cheered happily while Veronica looked betrayed. "Defeat he-."

The sky, which had been silent until then, grew heavy and thunderously warned of its impending release, frightening Micha.

"NOPE! I'M OUT OF THIS SHIT!" Micha screamed before closing his eyes and remembering his apartment address. With the initial requirement met Micha, with barely any reaction Micha severed his arm Micha to Teka's horror as the black liquid sprayed on the floor.

"MI-"

"Glock 'n keys-active. Gate-set." Micha intoned fulfilling the second requirement. A door made of light opened and accepted Micha's severed arm as sacrifice, devouring it through a worm that extended from the keyhole before opening into a well decorated apartment living room.

Sighing in relief that the sacrifice was sufficient, Micha pointed towards the door and said "C'mon let's get some better accommodation."

And so the twisted king and the hidden angel chose their separate ways. Whether the karmic forces at play between the two were correct in this path will be determined as the blood war continued. The world could, however, rest for now.

As Micha walks into his apartment with the two girls, he says, "FARHSS, welcome guests." Hearing Micha's voice, the Full Automated Remote Home Security System, FARHSS, turns on various lights throughout the living room casting everything in an orange hue while the kitchen lights cast a yellow haze.

"Well glad to see shit hasn't changed much." Veronica muttered tracing what remaining furnishing was still present.

The living room consisted of three reclining chairs with stacks of magazines surrounding a circular table positioned facing a large flat screen television. A simple deluxe dining room set placed under a gem-encrusted chandelier adorned the dining room. Shelves holding miniature items surrounded by colorful see-through wax littered every wall that could be seen. In addition, there were large bookcases filled with various books on a wide variety of topics. The windows were covered with Gel Window Clings that made it seem like mountain ranges. Covering those slightly were dark brown curtains that allowed almost no outside light to come in.

In short it looked like a library mixed with an apartment.

"Take a load off!" Micha laughed before hurriedly moving some of his books back into the bookcases where they belonged with telekinesis. Pulling out a pair of chairs he continued "Me casa es su casa pero no rompas nada,si?"

Teka rolled her eyes while Veronica continued to stare at the stack of magazines. "No worries, I'm not a bull in a china shop," the purple-eyed lady huffed.

Teka admired the details of her god's home as she walked through the living room. Despite the sparseness of the furniture and the abundance of books, it looked very expensive, well beyond her means. Moreover, the wax casings gave off a sweet aroma unlike any other and were also eye-catching.

Teka admired the details of her god's home as she walked through the living room. Despite the sparseness of the furniture and the abundance of books, it looked very expensive, well beyond her means. Moreover, the wax casings gave off a sweet aroma unlike any other and were also eye-catching. There were many objects inside, such as miniature models of cars, buildings, and even jelly beans? Flags? Even some disembodied animal heads?

"What are these?" she asked out loud as Micha placed cups on the dining table for the group.

"Those are my calmers." Micha answered as he sat in the chair on the left. "I made it with a level one Blessing called 'colored scented wax'. It gives off a scent that calms emotions and gives some very pleasant and refreshing sleep. One of my best products! Want one?"

"Please talk less about old lady's scented candles and more about food and drinks." Veronica called as she tapped her cup while her stomach echoed through the living room "TEEEKAAA! I'm hungry!"

"What's up with you?" the purple eyed girl asked as she took a seat across from Micha on the right. Veronica sat in the northernmost chair then they distributed the food.

"No drinks? No sauce?" the slime mutant asked, disappointed as a carton of chicken tenders and fries was placed in front of him. Veronica shook her head and started eating. Teka sighed in relief, grateful not to worry about spills.

"Would've crossed over my allowance." The black haired lady sighed while opening a burger,sensing the arched eyebrow of Micha she sighed "just because I have cash doesn't mean I want to spend it,unlike you,whenever you have money you spend it."

"PREACH!" Micha cried with a loud clap of his hands "Mom tried, Aunt tried, Sugar Momma tried, Scouters tried, hell your mom tried, none have succeeded."

"How do you not know how to budget?" Teka asked in a furious tone, feeling incensed that anyone wouldn't at least know this. "You took classes for that in highschool! It's required!"

Micha simply shrugged,"it's not like I don't have an excess of funds -do you know how much showing others their future rakes in?- its just that I have an unhealthy habit of spending and then forgetting."

"Just like your sisters." Veronica laughed while Teka shook her head "sure I don't need that gorgeous burgundy towel but it's better to have it on a rainy day."

"You're just asking to end up broke." Teka sighed, embarrassed that someone would sound so prideful due to their own ignorance.

"Yup and that's why I leave it in the hands of my sugar momma and daddy." Micha huffed proudly while snatching a french fry from Veronica "Especially Shina, she knows how to manage money like a boss."

"Don't you think that's a bit dangerous?" The ice user asked hesitantly, "I mean trusting someone with your money? that is a bit too far for me."

"What about the bank?" The curse user added before humming and waving her hand dismissively. "Nevermind they get robbed way too often."

"not to mention if you get your account hacked with ransomware." Teka noted remembering the warning some guy in a suit gave her mother. She then looked at her god and asked "are you sure that's the right idea?"

Micha hummed, snatching another fry, before nodding "yes it's a fine idea. I don't want to dump eighty bucks on the donut shop when I have bills to pay.plus it gives me more time to focus on my research and giving away Blessings." taking another fry the mutant copycat asked "what about you? Do you like your Blessing?"

"OF COURSE I DO!" Teka said her face changed from concerned to maddeningly pleased like a crazed beast as she came uncomfortably close to Micha "I LOVE THIS POWER AND ITS ABILITIES I CAN'T WAIT TO USE IN YOUR SERVICE OH GREAT ONE!"

"All right." Micha laughed, glad to see his rule is working; one man's trash is another man's treasure proves its worth again. "That was one of my better failures, I made it with three strong series."

"Failures?" she questioned to which Micha nodded repeating the word 'Failures'. He then took out a chicken tender and waved it slightly.

"It is difficult for me to determine what my powers will become." He recalled the restrictions he placed upon his power: "It's like not knowing whether your child will be a boy or a girl or a mutant." As he pointed at Teka, he said, "the likelihood of the powers resulting in destruction increases the stronger the unfused powers were. I am still amazed at how they were able to stay together so long."

"See? Told you he would explain the moment you asked." Veronica chided as she ate some shrimp. "even though it contradicts the informational warfare he loves so much."

"I'm simply explaining why the Blessing was a failure in my opinion." Micha shrugged while eating a tender "I still haven't replicated Fiona's power since all of the attempts fell apart."

"But I'm able to use mine just fine!" Teka huffed, conjuring ice and shadows like normal and shaping them. "Why is it a failure? And why hasn't it fall apart?"

"PERFECTIONIST!" the curse user laughed.

"Shut the hell up and eat yo' damn cheeseburger for fucks sake!" the mutant scoffed in disgust at being compared to his stepbrother. "and I'm no damn perfectionist! don't lump me in with 'Mother Complex EXE'!."

"Then explain why that power is a dub, don't ya?" the curse user shrugged before looking at Teka "just wait and you'll see how hypocritical he is."

"The power, Divine ice, is meant to counter the blessing ‘divine flame’, which I gave to my ex-bitch, in every way." Micha explained choosing not to pay the curse users words any mind "one focused on offense the other is focused on defense. One accelerates, the other fixates. one manipulates light the other shadows. The first can set the user on fire, while the other can freeze virtually anything else. They're effective counters, the unstoppable force versus an unmovable object."

Teka nodded,understanding her Blessing more. Defense was its purpose, which was easy to understand, but stopping the unstoppable force? Freezing everything? In the past, Agent Frost had those words spoken about him. Could they one day speak about her too? Her mind raced, conjuring images of her fighting with ice swords like the Lord of glaciers.

"Wait for it, here comes the 'but'." the curse user called, breaking the ice user from her daydreams and focusing on Micha's flaws and his power.

"In the end, however, it grew too strong and fell apart like all of my powerful powers. Micha sighed in disappointment. "I sacrificed certain parts of the shadow part, making it weaker than 'Divine Flame' and weaker than it should have been. I also had to limit the energy saver ability I had purchased further, making it useless."

Micha had placed this restriction on his own power through the use of the power 'contractor', which he called 'sacrifice'. In order to obtain power, one had to permanently destroy something of one's own or bind oneself to an unbreakable rule. This was unlike a 'devil's bargain', which always involved a fixed deadline, clear guidelines and terms for the agreement being made, and a severe penalty if broken. For example, if one were to sacrifice their pinky finger in order to give them some boost in power, this boost would be less than if a person gave up their entire hand.

For Micha, he regularly sacrificed parts of Blessings or entire Blessings to lessen the immense stress his body undergoes while holding many Blessings. He has also restricted the use of several blessings to ensure that they do not become useless rubble that takes up space unnecessarily. The process is similar to gluing bricks together with cement derived from fragmented bricks.

"Despite it being perfectly functional, he gives it away, because he is a perfectionist to the core." the curse user laughed, "he's a total perfectionist."

"Besides, someone's trash is another's treasure, right?" Micha scoffed while the curse user opened her mouth to speak. However, Micha pointed to her, cutting off her words "And don't mention your brother, I know he said it was about cheating."

"Well at least you pay attention, he sure doesn't." Veronica laughed while Micha nodded at the underhanded joke.

"So you just give away your failures to others?" Teka asked. More intrigued by this the more she thought about it.

"Yes, or when I fail at making a specific power or when my body can't handle the stress." Micha shrugged, remembering all the magnificent and successful Blessings he had to give up either due to his curiosity or their strength; however he felt a sense of joy that those powers were strengthened through others ambitions. "Instead of leaving it to gather dust, I simply give them to the weak and let those who can't become strong."
"Such an excellent man." Teka smiled, feeling a new sense of closeness to her god. He was always looking out for the disadvantaged and weak. She had seen many of these people in her own life, and was deeply touched by her god's kindness. Teka vowed to take his teachings to heart and do what she could to help those in need.

*BANG**BANG**BANG**BANG*

The three trembled as the front door was repeatedly hit from the outside with enough force to shake the entire apartment. The three stayed silent,no one Daring to utter a single whisper as another set of harsh knocks hit the door before a single sentence was uttered by the entities on the opposite side of the door “THIS IS THE ROYAL ENFORCEMENT DIVISION OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!”

Everyone’s throat choked.

0