CHAPTER 55 – A harsh reality. Part 1.
107 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 55 - A harsh reality. Part 1.

Kei Molfer has done really horrible things in his life. He's not a saint, that's no mystery, everyone knows it, including his companions.

Almost nobody cares about what Kei did or does because in that world, it's normal for the strong to take advantage of the weak, and it's so normal that the weak prefer to respect the more powerful, hoping they won't harm them.

Almost nobody cares that Kei Molfer decapitates people, guts them with his mouth, or forces them to eat each other.

Almost nobody cares that Kei Molfer is a monster addicted to others' suffering.

There's only one person who does care... Kei Molfer himself.

Depending on the crimes of his enemies, the cruelty of the punishment will be worse. Kei has become so accustomed to it that it seems like he doesn't care, but he does, he does care. A small part of him, deep within his being, worries about his actions.

He has become so accustomed to it that he hates it, he hates being who he is, but there's no turning back.

His fate is already sealed, and considering everything he had to go through to get to where he is, it's not worth regretting his actions.

He knows it better than anyone. He knows there's no turning back, and he can't become soft with his enemies either, because it would make him weaker.

He knows he will become more and more cruel due to his Molfer blood, and he accepts it. But even though he accepts it, it doesn't mean it doesn't emotionally affect him. He feels like a monster, and he hates it, but it's the life he chose.

Seeing one of his best friends die in front of his eyes, protecting him, was a reminder that his actions have consequences, and he won't always be able to avoid them.

He's not a God. Not everything will always go well for him. And most importantly... he won't always be able to keep the people most important to him safe.

Death is an inevitable thing in his life, and it's something he accepted, but that doesn't mean it doesn't affect him.

It affects him a lot.

"Kei..." Mia whispered, while looking at Sei Molfer, carrying Kei's dying body, slowly recovering thanks to his mother's healing magic.

Immediately upon hearing Mia whisper Kei's name, Drin, who was among Mia's clothes in her cat form, quickly poked her head out to see her beloved Kei.

The sleeping maids were notified of the attack, but they were only useful for cleaning up the mess the demons made beforehand because Sei Molfer wanted to fight the demons alone, he didn't want help.

The lifeless bodies of the maids who protect the mansion at night were found piled up in the garden. It wasn't Cris, it was the demons on the orders of the Queen of Turger, to show Kei the great difference in power. A simple warning of "if you keep bothering us, your girlfriends will be next."

For the demons, Kei represents an even worse danger than the heroes, because of the power he used against Nero, which made him, for a few seconds, the strongest in the world, surpassing the hero Near by far. That's why they haven't killed him yet. First, they want to make sure they know Kei Molfer 100% so they can eliminate him without any inconvenience, like Nero's.

Mia woke up Drin, worried because Mio told her she didn't see Drin with Kei, which is quite impossible to believe, considering that Drin never leaves Kei's side, especially in such dangerous situations as the one they just went through.

Upon waking up, she became desperate and filled with anxiety for two reasons. The first: she didn't realize that Mia entered the room. It might sound ridiculous and unimportant, but it's quite the opposite. She has the second-best magical sensing ability, which allows her to feel the presence of people approaching her, but this time, Drin didn't notice it. She also didn't realize that Kei had left.

And the second and worst reason: while she was sleeping comfortably, Kei witnessed Treka's death and confronted a demon without help.

She was completely useless on this occasion, but it wasn't her fault. Fravi intervened and prevented her from realizing the situation. Why? So that Cris could kill Kei, but even though she failed, Fravi was satisfied because a "bitch" was eliminated.

But Drin doesn't know that. The guilt, anxiety, sadness, helplessness... so many negative feelings are consuming her, unable to stop crying.

And in the midst of despair, a message reached them... A message that filled Drin with fury.

[Kei will survive. The demon didn't leave him in that state, it was me.]

There was no reason to lie. Even Mia, who is more muscle than brain, didn't doubt the message she received.

"Why did she do it?" Mia said, full of anguish.

Drin was awakening her bloodlust, and not to alert Sei Molfer, she jumped and ran on all fours toward the base, with only one goal in mind: to kill Mio... Well, at least put her in the same situation as Kei.

Mio was in the distance, in her animal form, and upon seeing Drin running, she sighed and started running too. She knew Drin could kill her, but she will gladly accept the punishment.

She only followed orders, but guilt is also consuming her... The guilt of hurting someone who punishes himself with pain.

Drin, in her demon form, was hitting Mio in the face, in the presence of the others, who were just standing there, watching, afraid to say anything for fear of being next. Not even Eris, who annoys Drin the most, dares to try to stop her.

Nem is eating with Terkiana in the Elf village so that she doesn't see what Drin will do to Mio, because no matter who it is, Drin will hit anyone who dares to stop her.

Mio's black blood splatters everywhere, dirtying the floor, walls, furniture, and the faces of those present in the scene.

No one says anything because they know Drin's temperament perfectly. Kei is the only one who can control her, but they don't know if he will wake up soon.

They just stand there, waiting for Drin to calm down, even a little. They understand Drin, they also feel anger, but they know why Mio did what she did, so they are not angry with her, but Drin doesn't know that. Why? Because Mio wants to be hit, to feel what Kei felt and try to understand why he did what he did.

Drin's tears mix with Mio's blood on her face, and as they fall on Mio, a memory of Kei smiling at her floods her mind, and upon remembering that, she stopped hitting Mio and a loud shout of frustration came out of her.

Kei, her first love, almost died... Mio almost killed him.

Drin wants to kill Mio, but if she kills Mio without knowing why she did it, Kei would be angry with her for letting herself be controlled by her emotions, something Kei forbade her to do, because it would make her weaker, or in this case, it would make her do something stupid.

One last time, Drin hit Mio in the face, grabbed her by the neck with both hands, and squeezed it, while her teeth gritted and her eyes turned black upon contact with Mio's blood.

"Why did you hit him?! Kei is in a coma, you damaged his brain too much! He treated you well, you fucking bitch! Why did you do it?! Answer, you...?!"

With a courage that surpasses any of those present, Eris put aside her fear and hit Drin in the face. A blow that commonly had enough power to send Drin flying, but not this time. Drin didn't move an inch. She stared into Eris's eyes, with those eyes blackened by blood, filling Eris with more fear, but she didn't look away, on the contrary, she got closer to her and their faces were inches apart.

The heat coming from Drin's body burned Eris's skin, but she didn't pay attention to it and put her hands on Drin's shoulders, disregarding the burns.

"If you keep hitting her, she won't be able to answer you, you idiot, nya! Stop acting so childish and listen to Mio!"

"Tsk. Who gave you the right to touch me, fucking cat?!"

Drin pushed Eris away and sent her flying, caught by Mia.

"Damn demon, I'll kill you!"

"I don't have time for your fucking nonsense, fucking cat!"

Mio sighed, slowly got up from the floor, gathering her little energy, and wiped the blood from her face with her hands, but it's useless, the blood keeps flowing, reflecting the current state of her body, although it's nothing compared to Kei's condition.

"Kei asked me to do it. To avoid raising suspicions, he pretended that the demon defeated him... But I suspect he did it for another reason too. I can sense it. I didn't feel like he did it for the sake of the plan."

Upon hearing that, Drin put her hands on her face and scratched it, trying not to lose control again.

She knows Kei a little better than the others, that's why she came to the conclusion instantly. The reason why Kei did that.

"Darling..."

Kei, a boy who punishes himself with pain in order to move forward.

It doesn't make him feel less guilty, but at least it allows him to distract himself a little and not think about it so much.

While Drin and the others were discussing what had happened, Mei was taking care of her dear brother in his room.

Kei's body returned to normal. His parts came back. Sei Molfer's healing magic is very powerful, after all, she uses it every day, which allowed her to improve it considerably... But, even though she can recover body parts, energy cannot be restored. Kei needs time to fully recover.

Kei was in a coma. He will wake up in a few days... Maybe weeks... Or months... Or even years. It all depends on luck.

Mio went too far with him, but he told her to do it. If she hadn't hit him so brutally, his mother would suspect something.

Mei is feeling the same thing Drin felt because the same thing happened to her. While Kei lost Treka, she slept peacefully.

"Brother..."

She caressed his face.

"While you were fighting, I was asleep... I failed as the older sister... I failed you, brother."

Her tears fell on Kei's face, hoping that would wake him up, but it's useless.

Sei Molfer entered the room and approached Mei to calm her down.

And as she walks towards her, she continues to reflect on what just happened.

"That demon was different from the others. It was more powerful. I'm surprised Kei is still alive. Did he leave him alive on purpose to show superiority? Fufu. He will regret underestimating the Molfer family." she thought.

"Where am I?"

Kei... Or rather, Kei's consciousness, was in a completely white place.

There was nothing... Absolutely nothing.

Nothing at all. Just an intense white color.

As he stayed silent for a few seconds, trying to analyze the situation, he started to pale.

"On the verge of death, white color, I-I don't feel any pain..."

He swallowed, fell to his knees, and immediately screamed.

"Mio killed me?! Shit, she went too far! Or did my mother arrive late? Damn it, what a stupid way to die! I'm an idiot! I ruined it!"

"You're not dead... Not yet."

"Eh?"

The Supreme God appeared in front of him for the first time.

Kei and the Supreme God, face to face.

"A child?"

"I am the Supreme God."

His ears throbbed, his heart rate accelerated, and his eyes widened.

Immediately, Kei knelt down and lowered his head.

For a Molfer to do that, without pretending, is extremely rare, reflecting the respect Kei has for the Supreme God, his favorite God, and the only one he truly respects.

He only respects Zius a little for giving him a new family, but since Zius practically gave him the job that belonged to him, he doesn't fully respect him.

He knows about the existence of rules and all that, but he can't help but feel that way.

"It's an honor to meet you, great Supreme God! I apologize for calling you a 'child'!"

"Don't worry, it doesn't offend me. I have this appearance because my mother used to tell me I looked cute... Well, it doesn't matter. Kei, I suppose you already know that Zius left you 10 objects in that world, right?"

Kei regained composure and looked up.

"That's right... One day, I dreamt that Zius told me that, but I thought it wasn't true because that would be too much help. The sword is one of those objects, isn't it?"

"Exactly."

"Oh... I feel like an idiot for not remembering that. I mean, I dreamt it when I was a baby, and all the commotion of my new life distracted me a lot."

"Currently, you have 2 objects. The sword and the Dragon's Heart. The other 4 objects are in another world."

"In another world?! And how do I get them?"

"When you're ready, I will help you. You will have to find the remaining 4 objects. One object is in your country. The second object is in the forbidden continent, in the country 'Desmolfer'. The third object is in the 'Grasiel' continent, in the country 'Frekhio'. And the last one is in the artificial hell created by Desmolfer."

"... Huh? What?! In hell?!"

"You'll have to go. Drin will tell you how to get there."

"D-Damn it, enemy territory. Everyone knows that going to enemy territory is always a bad idea... Oh well... And how will I find them? Will my instinct tell me or something cheesy like that?"

"I will give you clues, don't worry."

"I see... Thank you very much, Supreme God. By the way, is it okay for you to help me so much?"

"The help you receive, Fravi also receives. Don't be too happy."

"Ay, olvidé esa parte. Puta madre (Oh, I forgot that part. Holy shit)... Oh, right. Well, I think it's fair."

Kei doesn't want to argue with the Supreme God, so he avoids complaining.

"By the way, don't have children. It's advice."

"Huh? Why?"

"Goodbye."

"Wait!"

Kei disappeared, and the Supreme God smiled.

"Surprise me, Kei. Don't disappoint me."

4