Afterword
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Greetings, readers. If you have reached this point, I thank you very much. If you're the type of person who reads the Afterword first, I still thank you for clicking this volume. It's been a while since the last volume, hasn't it? 

This volume's main conflict and main theme is something that's quite dear to my heart. I know the whole "Asian mom" stereotype has been a meme or a joke for some time, but it's very real. I wrote this volume thinking from the perspective of someone like Sana who has her heart in a different track from what's expected of her and how it affects young, growing people.

In a way, her mom has her "best interests" in mind, but what if the child has a different path she wants to take? What if her source of happiness was not in the future that adults have planned for her? How will she accept it and come to a reconciliation with the world of adults as she tethers at the edge of adolescence and soon adulthood?

I wrote this volume using the concept of acceptance and expectations versus your individual desires and heart as a backdrop.  I hope that for those of you struggling with those dilemmas, this volume could be a source of comfort, a proof that someone out there understands your struggles and would love to be there for you. Someone who understands your world yet also serves as the bridge to get you to understand the other world, much like how the Aratas functioned this volume.

As for the story itself, it has officially kicked into endgame. Fractal Plane still has around three or so volumes to go to complete the story that I want to tell, but this volume marks the start of the road to the final arc. I won't spoil too much for the sake of people who started reading on the Afterword, but the next volume will be the start of the three way conflict that pits the heroes against Euphoria against the world of Mu itself. Plus, Reijy still lurks elsewhere as a wild card of a character, so if you've been diligently reading Fractal Plane from the start up to this point, there's a lot to be excited for.

For this volume, I thank all of you for reading and supporting. I have had a couple of writing projects and stuff that I helped out with before, but this series is by far the longest and grandest of them all, and I would love it for you all to stick with me on this journey. After all, we're more than halfway through, and the finish line is in sight.

I also thank all of my friends who helped by giving input. My beta reader gets the bulk of the thanks, as usual, but for this volume, I'd also love to shout out LotsChrono for all the help he's done in editing and giving input with story directions.

The insert art for volumes are also being implemented for volume 3, with the first two volumes completed. So if you want to experience Fractal Plane again, with insert art this time, be my guest.

Once again, thank you, and I hope to see you all for volume 7, which will probably release some time in the first half of next year... or at the end of this year if all things go way faster and smoother than expected.

Here's the preliminary cover girl for volume 7 by the way.

Here's the preliminary cover girl for volume 7 by the way

0