Trouble At the Gate
294 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In just a couple of days, they arrived at the entrance of the neutral continent's capital.

It was a magnificent double door with tints of gold and brown.

There were guards on the ground outside of the gate wearing full body armour and spears.

One guard verified the identification token for the people wishing to enter the city.

All the people present outside waiting for their turn to enter got smacked to the ground with pressure.

Most people couldn't stand up and formed cobweb cracks in the ground where they were laying face down.

Some people from first class forces or strong rouge cultivators were still standing but with shaking knees, as the pressure was too great for them to stand regularly.

"WHO DARES TO CAUSE TRUBBLE OUTSIDE OF THE CAPITAL!"

Yelled the guards and some people from the first class forces in the line with veins popping out of their head.

They all snapped their head towards the pressure and saw 4 Dragon Horses pulling a majestic gold and silver carriage with the Divine Dragon Clan emblem on both sides.

Everything went quiet after seeing the emblem of the carriage. The people who shouted at them were sweating buckets, hoping they won't take action against them.

A man in his 50s with a long black beard and black horns appeared, floating in front of the carriage. His eyes filled with impatience and hate. How dare they shout at him, but most importantly, his progenitor? Do they want to die?

"Everybody who yelled at us, I want you kneeling in front of the carriage right this moment."

All people present were baffled at first as Divine Dragon Clan aren't arrogant and would probably let this slip. Then Fear gripped them. They all recognized who the old man was. It was the first supreme elder of the Divine Dragon Clan. He was known by many names, but the most used was Death God Shadow.

Wherever he went, people would disappear as if they never existed in the first place and no one had ever seen him attack and be able to tell the tale.

All people wanted to cry but still rushed towards the carriage and started kowtowing.

They all were from first class forces, but that didn't matter here as all of them were kneeling and pleading for mercy, many of them even crying.

"WHO DARES TO MAKE THIS YOUNG MASTER WAIT!"

While all the people were banging their head on the floor, a youthful voice resounded throughout the place.

Everyone present looked at that place and was wondering if someone had lost his wife and wanted to die early.

The supreme elder stared towards a quiet grant carriage drawn by 2 white alligators.

A frown was noticeable on his aged face, veins visible and his eyes flaring black.

He looked towards the carriage he came with and asked out loud.

"What do you want to do with him, Your majesty?"

Everything went quiet except the carriage of the person who screamed just now. He was still throwing cusswords and trying to use his status as a threat.

One person who was still kneeling came with that carriage. He wanted to die right now, as he knows his young master might cause their sect to get annihilated.

Just when he was gonna ask for mercy and ask if he could spare their young master, a voice was heard.

"Just get it over with. I just don't want to be bothered anymore. I'm already late to the wine store."

The voice was aloof, but slightly annoyed.

Supreme elder nodded his head and vanished from his place.

"Who are you! Do you know who my da…, ARGH!"

The person from inside the carriage screamed his lungs out, full of pain.

The supreme elder appeared in front of the carriage again, holding a young man by his ocean blue hair.

One person who was kneeling started crying his eyes out, as that was his young master that he was supposed to protect.

The young man was still shouting cuss words but got interrupted when the man from inside the carriage spoke.

"If this is how young people act nowadays, I will go through every single person from my clan and cripple them personally."

His voice was as calm as an ocean breeze.

The Supreme elder shivered, hoping no one in their clan was behaving like that.

He threw a punch towards the young mans dantian, making him cough up blood and all his strength leaving his body.

~Crack

His eyes rolled back into his head with only the whites visible.

He had been crippled of his cultivation. He would need incredible wealth and power to get a pill that can heal a broken dantian.

Otherwise, he could never cultivate again.

Everyone present shuddered from fear and continued banging their head on the floor.

"Just get us in. I just want my wine. Quit causing such a scene!"

The person inside the carriage spoke in a mildly irritated voice.

The supreme elder just threw the limp young man towards the elder that was guarding him and told all the people to get lost.

He caught him and scurried away with everyone present.

The guards were the only ones still present.

Shadow threw his identification token towards them and they grabbed it with trembling hands.

They nodded and went up to the elder and bowed a full 90 degrees, giving him his badge back and telling him he can proceed into the city.

The Dragon Horses started making their way towards the gate and into the city right away.

"If you cause such a scene again, I will take back what I gave you."

Xu Yuan said while just staring out the window of the carriage that had an enchantment that made it not see through from the outside.

Shadow clutched his pocked where a small note lay. On it was a specialised cultivation technique that will make him advance to the next realm within 10 years.

He told himself to remember it as he didn't want to lose the cultivation technique, but most importantly, he does not want to displease his progenitor.

They were traveling on the streets of the city, going through the noble districts at a slow pace, as Xu Yuan had ordered.

Here, nobody got in the way or asked them to move as they all could see the emblem on the carriage.

He told the elder to stop the carriage at the wine store a few meters ahead.

Xu Yuan stepped out of the carriage and was greeted with thousands of prying gazes that were trying to figure out who he was.

He walked in to the wine store and everything went quiet as everyone saw his horns and only people from the Divine Dragon Clan had that. He also looked stunning and had an aura of a ruler that made all the women and even some men drool.

"Just go back to what you were doing. I'm just here to enjoy some wine."

Xu Yuan conveyed in a lazy tone.

Everyone continued to stare as he made his way to one table in the room's corner.

Soon, everyone went back to their own stuff and started chatting and drinking again.

The only thing different was that most of the stuff people were talking about was about Xu Yuan and who he was.

5