000. Truly Living
159 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kaki Unami speaking, I would like to order a pizza extra large... yes pepperoni with no pineapple. No pineapple you got that... yes thank you."

I quickly put a wrap to the call as I laid on the couch. College had been absolutely exhausting and a break was something I very much need. Flicking the buttons on the TV remote, I found a suitable sports channel. A soccer game was underway , Techtight United vs Scarred Lions. Both teams were fighting a life or death battle... to avoid relegation. 

It was fair to say that they were trash, but there was something I enjoyed by watching the game. They obviously weren't getting anywhere, no hopes of winning the super league however the veracity and energy within their faces, it was easy to tell they were putting their wholehearted effort into it.

For typical consumers and audiences like us, their game seemed like nothing but petty theatrics. Who cared who won, weren't they both the bottom of the barrel. If one shit was stinkier than the other did it matter; I mean they'd  both be shit at the end of the day. That would be the logical way to think, but these people defied logic itself as if it were some trivial entity.

They cared, they fought, they desperately battled until the very end. Infront of them was a battlefield not a game. I found that way of thinking quite beautiful, that outlook of life. It was like a perfect diamond shining so bright, that's why common folk like me could take time to enjoy such a game.

So very much did I wish I could inherit this same unburn able drive, however it was against my very disposition. Inheritably I knew what type of person I was. The very act of living life was a lethargic act, don't get me wrong I wasn't suicidal, just a very pessimistic individual. A pessimist that wanted to become an optimist, a recluse that wanted to be outgoing.

My very life was an oxymoron.

Ding Dong.

The light buzz of the doorbell rang. It was as clear as day that it was the pizzaman. It had taken roughly 25 minutes, not too shabby. Tip worthy.

I swiftly picked up my wallet which was just barely hanging of the edge of the table, before approaching the door. Upon opening it, I was greeted by a skinny looking man cladded in matt black clothes, who didn't appear to be holding a pizza box at all to my confusion.

It was as clear as day that my face was confused as he quietly took a deep breath.

"Are you Kaki Unami"

"Yes", I answered hesitantly.

"The son of Marie"

"Yes"

"Is your mother home right now"

"Not at the moment... why do you know her?"

The man infront of me started to figit franticly, his hand shaking as he talked. A small feeling in me started to creep up telling me this guy had more than a few issues.

"Marie...marie...I'll get my revenge on you for what you done. How could you. I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! I shall take something precious. You love your son. Your son don't you."

The deluded geezer started to say all sort of weird things, and red alarms were ringing within my ears everywhere. This guy was clearly not sane. I moved my hands to shut the door, however before I could the cold dry feeling of steel could be felt within my chest.

Like parmesan cheese that was being sliced by a professional chef, a blade went through me, it felt as if my body offered no resistance slotting through like a knife through butter.

Slowly tricking drops of blood started leaking through my shirt and dropping to the floor. The man in question who committed the act, what else could he be doing but laughing maniacally.

My body started to shudder, it felt so cold that I couldn't even scream at all, my vision started to blur, and the last thing I could see was the bemused and happy face of a madman.

In my head only one thought presented itself. 

'What a way to go out, I didn't even get to see who won the game!'

7