Chapter 15
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Legion.

It’s not what I expected but it seems like that it is also a specter type monster.

“Mage! Fire!”

Boom! Boom! Booom!

Several magic attack including holy magic attack Legion.

“Argh!”

“DIE!”

Legion shouted.

Then the hidden presence reveals themselves, the human ghosts appears and flooded the formation like a water pouring over an army of ants.

‘No! Not Me! Not Me!’

‘Wha…Whaaaaa’

‘Get!...Get offfff!’

‘No! No! No!’

People began to scream and panic.

A ghost grab someone and I notice that the part of his soul is being pulled by the ghost.

The adventurers use their weapon to slash and stab the ghost but it didn’t work.

Then another adventurer just waves his sword like a fan shooing a fly.

On the side, I notice the two ghost pull the soul of another person and you can see his soul being torn apart from his body, and finally another ghost pushes the soul and that person soul join the army of the soul that floats around the cave.

Panic increase when they realize they cannot fight their enemies.

The only ones capable of fighting the ghost are the vanguard, Gon’s party and several other adventurers. They activate there Aura that can hurt specter type monster.

The mages use barrier to protect themselves from the ghost and the holy mage uses sanctuary and created a holy area where dark creatures cannot enter.

But that is not enough.

The barrier can only accommodate 5 people and the sanctuary can only accommodate up to 15 people. Aside from that they can only protect themselves and they cannot fight back.

Gon’s party is facing the boss. So who will protect the rest of the expedition.

No one.

Chaos spread.

People run upstairs and when the other adventurer notice that, they also followed.

I hide on the corner of the ruins and open another potion and rub it to myself.

There is no exit in this dungeon.

It’s true, from the moment we enter this dungeon we are already playing in his hands.

The deeper we go, the more we lose our chance of survival.

This dungeon boss is very wise, he traps us deep beneath the dungeon and it knows that we cannot escape. To travel back to the entrance of this dungeon, we will probably take at least a day. While a living person got tired and hungry, the ghost can pass thru the wall and can fly none stop. I bet it can even travel to the first floor without any problem.

After realizing my circumstance in the previous days.

I already prepared my items beforehand.

I open up another potion, Blessed Lotion, and rub it into my body. This time I also include my chest.

The only way to survive is to wait for Gon’s party to win.

I’ll hide until they win.

Then a tidal wave, a literal tidal wave made out of ghost attacks the expedition, after they pass thru, anyone who is not inside the barrier and sanctuary fall. Some barrier even shows signs of cracking.

‘Waaaaaa’

‘Noooooo’

‘Gaaaaa!’

Gon’s party is having a hard time.

The monster offense is top notch. The ghosts will attack in different places using his ghost and there is no clear attack pattern whatsoever.

At the same time, the defense of this monster is also incredible. The magic that will attack the main body of Legion will be block by a ghost. Then if the Aura users charge towards it will send hundreds of ghost to block it.

‘Cross Cutter’

‘Blade Slash’

‘Fire lance’

“Pathetic humans! This are just futile resistance!”

“We will! Show you despair!”

The wall of faces divided into three part and distance themselves from one another.

‘Fuck!’

‘How can we fight that’

“WHAHAHAHA! WHAHAHA!”

The chorus of thousands of people laughing give me the creeps.

“Now it’s our turn!”

The ghost converges together and suddenly charge to one of the Aura Expert like a snake, a mage goes over to the Aura Expert and use barrier.

But…

Crack!

The barrier breaks and both the Aura Expert and the mage was consumed by the thousands of ghosts.

After the snake form ghost pass thru, the body of the adventurers are found lying down on the floor.

‘No! No!’

‘This can’t be!’

“Wahahaha! Futile RESISTANCE!”

Gon’s party was corner.

Aura users need to move closer to deal damage, mage are on defensive and Legion shows that the barrier cannot keep up with the thousands of ghost attacking it.

‘I’m at my limit.’

‘What do we do?’

‘Tsk! Arghhh!’

As I watch the battle I realize something.

They will die.

Legion is just playing around, it wants them to spend their energy and time defending in this place.

It plans to drain the mages until they cannot use mana anymore.

I open up another blessed potion.

It’s a simple concoction, to protect you from specter monster but these potions cannot protect me from any form physical contact from undead monster.

I cannot out run the ghost… even if I run… if I encounter several skeletons… I will die.

‘Gon we have to retreat!’

‘OK! MOVE OUT! RETREAT!’

They ran while they cast barrier and area of attack magic and those with aura can kill that ghosts that chase them. They are desperate and then suddenly.

“You cannot! Es… Arghh”

Woooooo!

A warm light suddenly shows up from the ceiling and pass thru to the floor. It’s like scanning the whole dungeon.

When the warm light hit my body, I feel the warmth of the sun.

The ghosts froze in place and Legion also stop.

‘Now our chance! Run! Run! Run and don’t look back!’

I heard Gon shouting on the top of his lungs.

It doesn’t matter. That bright light is a god send, but it is not enough to survive. They cannot escape this dungeon.

It is impossible to run none stop without any sleep or rest until they reach the top.

The elites might survive but the others will just die.

I look at the battlefield.

Almost 50% of the expedition team is dead.

I don’t know how many escape but the tidal wave made out of ghost killed everyone who isn’t inside the barrier or sanctuary.

‘Run! Run! Run!’

Step! Step! Step!

I notice that most of them got up the stairs.

“Fooooo!”

I sighed.

“There is no escape.”

I said.

I can feel it through my presence detection that they are slowly climbing the stairs.

The area is now filled with silence.

“Hahaha! They thought they can escape ha…”

“I wonder, it seems like someone didn’t take the opportunity to run!”

The chorus of voice said.

I have goosebumps after hearing its voice.

I stand up, dust of the dirt on my clothes and walk into the street and look at it.

A walls with hundreds of faces smiling at me… it is really scary.

I pick up a potion and throw it in the floor.

Crack!

Fuuusssshhh!

A small fog was form around me.

Holy Mist, a potion that will exhibit the same effect as the sanctuary.

“You are courageous! But you cannot beat us!”

I look around me, a small dome made out of ghost are circling around me and another set of hurricane made out of ghost is circling outside the dome.

I raise my hand, telling it to stop talking.

The hundreds of faces were surprise.

If not for the horror genre right now, I will laugh on how it reacts.

“Subspace.”

I pull out a flower cover book out from it.

I look at Legion.

“I think you will be useful to me.”

That is the reason why I didn’t leave even if I can.

The eyebrows on each faces raise at the same time, it’s funny seeing its reaction.

Chuckled.

I open the first page and tear up the paper.

 

A black and thin energy, like a laser beam, shoot towards Legion.

When the magic touch the fog like creature a certain wind effect, like an arrow pierce through the dark bluish fog, that can be seen on the distance. It also made a ripple effect on the hundreds of faces looking at me.

I didn’t know what it pierces through but suddenly.

All of the ghost stop moving and they are floating silently in front me.

It only takes a couple of seconds then it withdraws all the souls and absorb it to its body.

“We apologize for our behavior earlier Master.”

A chorus voice said it as gently as it could possibly can.

I wave my hand.

“That’s all right.”

How can you say that a monster is at fault? especially it is just following his instinct.

I am looking up to the hundreds of face and I felt like that my neck is feeling uncomfortable.

I touch the back of my neck.

“By the way you are too large, can you transform? my neck is tired from looking up.”

“We apologize Master.”

The wall of face made out of dark bluish fog, converge into a certain space and slowly transform.

It has a humanoid upper body and a ghost form as its lower body part. It has three pair of thin human arms and a faceless head. Lastly there are six faces, floating near the shoulder and encircling the body, those faces has dark bluish fog that follows whenever the head moves.

Using his three right arms he bows his body.

“That is much better Legion.”

“Now then, are all the ghost retracted to your body?”

“Yes, Master after founding my devotion to serve you, I realize my mistake and retracted all of the ghost in every floor.”

“Hmmm… ok, then send them back and chase the adventurers away. Don’t kill them just scare for now and observe them using those invisible ghost of yours.”

“As you wish.”

Upon saying that, thousands of ghost was release from its body and immediately move towards the ceiling of the cave and passes thru without any problem.

I nod with satisfaction.

“Now can you set up a wall of ghost in the entrance of this cave I don’t want people going back and look at this place.”

Then another set of ghost rush towards the stair area and block it completely.

From here, I could see the back of the ghosts that are guarding the stairs.

“Good work Legion!”

He is really useful ha.

“I thank you for your praise Master.”

I look around, there are a lot of people who died in this fight.

I got plenty of body to loot… for now let’s focus on artifacts first.

“Legion, can you detect artifacts?”

Artifact contains large amount of energy.

Those energies can be detected by people who uses mana, even Aura users cannot detect this energy.

The only way for me to know if the item is an artifact is if I use the concoction I prepared in advance. This concoction is known as Mana Detection. Its purpose is to detect if the person can successfully enter the first Circle.

But you can use it to detect artifact. However, it is very wasteful to spend an expensive potion just to look for artifacts. Though I already emptied two bottles for the past two days.

“Yes, Master.”

Then he glances into a certain area and two ghost flew towards it.

The ghost separated and stayed still after arriving in a certain point.

“Those are the location of the artifacts, there is also another one on the third floor carried by a human.”

That must be the administrator that look at us like an insect.

Tsk. I remember that look, those are the look of the CEO of my previous company whenever we see him in the office.

“Hmmm… ok if he is alone… kill him!”

The artifact is more important that his life.

“Done. Master.”

What!?

“Wow! that sure is fast! Good job Legion, now protect that place until I retrieve it.”

“As you wish.”

I walk towards the nearest ghost in front of me.

There is a large axe lying on the floor. From the look of it, this is a two-handed weapon.

The blade of the axe is almost two feet in width, it was attach to the long red steel shaft, there are several rune marking in the handle. But the overall design of this axe is very simple.

“I should store this for now.”

I use subspace and pull out the dimensional bag.

I pick it up and gently put the axe inside the bag.

“Phew, it’s a good thing that the mouth of this bag is really large.”

After I put it inside the bag, and I walk towards the other ghost.

I look at the area that the ghost is standing on.

There is a bracelet made out of shells. It’s a thing that they sell on beach area.

I pick it up and put it inside the dimensional bag.

“If the effects are good, then I think I could use the bracelet but for the axe… I don’t about that I think could use that… maybe I should just sell that one.”

I stand up and look at the environment.

“Thanks, Legion.”

Legion gently nod at me.

I open my arms wide and shouted.

“Now how about the main event!”

 

 ______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading.
Please support me!
https://www.fundraiserme.com/campaign/7164/tour-in-titan-please-support-the-author

 

0