Chapter 3 – Chimera From Legend
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tier Magic has five levels. First Tier Magic, Second Tier Magic, Third Tier Magic, Fourth Tier, Five Tier magic. It doesn't represent how strong a magic is, but how complex the structure of the magic is.


For a magician, it would take at least a few sentences to activate the magic circle, and it would take a while.


The higher the Tier Magic, the more sentences and power needed to be able to assemble the magic circle structure.


Of course Tier Magic had some sort of correlation with things like innate talent or individual intelligence that made it possible for magic attack power to become stronger than usual, however.


Just like when planting crops without being watered, even if he has fertile soil and quality seeds it will not grow if a single drop of water does not touch the ground.


In the end, it is experience and skill that determines how strong a magician is, even if someone has a large enough magic potential, they will still lose if they have to fight a Veteran magician with little magic potential.


Not all humans are capable of using magic. Witches have a slightly different body structure, usually it is passed down from their parents, after all, they are still humans with blood flowing through their bodies.


Above the moonlight, there was only darkness for the knights and adventurers from within the forest. The cold wind that blows makes people in metal clothes feel the cold more clearly than those who don't.


Holding the sword and then aiming it. Someone shouted in a loud voice to warn the comrades around.


"Prepare your swords and sticks!!!, the Chimera ruler of the forest is in sight."


The swarm of monsters stood right in front of a horde of knights and adventurers who were grouped into mixed units, long fangs and sharp claws. The glowing red eyes in the darkness gave off a very intimidating impression of any human who still had fear.


The few knights who still had their sanity in mind, gave precise orders for the current situation.


"Scream as loud as you can so the other Teams can come here, Tell them we managed to find the Chimera."


Neither the knights nor the adventurers ever crossed his mind that there would be a time where they would come face to face with the Chimera herd.


The fear of death made several knights and novice adventurers tremble in fear when they saw a gigantic monster emerge from the darkness from behind the Chimera herd.


Then the giant Chimera ran really fast and pounced on several adventurers. A strong gust of wind tore down the trees as the Chimera's tail was swung aimlessly, it created a kind of treeless area around where they were standing.


The magicians who were starting to panic prepared magic spells while raising wands at the Chimera. However, because they are First Tier Magic mages, long sentences must be said so that the magic attack is strong enough to injure the Chimera.


"Goddess of Light, please give this vassal of yours the power---!!!"


Before the incantation was finished, the gigantic Chimera stood right above the mage's head and opened its mouth to devour.


The giant chimera was much different from other chimeras. He has a body like a lion and a tail like a snake while on a pitch black face that is very scary. The Chimera's neck corresponds to the diameter of the head, large white eyes like a human but without eyelids and white teeth without lips. The Chimera's gaze revealed nothing but darkness except for white teeth and eyes that bulged as if they could pop out at any moment.


This chimera was given the name [Death Smile] by the historians who recorded it in Legend.

CRACK!!


CRACK!!


A sound like the crumbling of a twig sounded extremely loud as the Monster began to chew on the human target it was aiming for.


Turning the tree branch he was chewing on was nothing more than a tomato that fell to the ground and then shattered in all directions.

The adventurers who were used to it saw all this as a sign for them to widen their eyes and sharpen their gazes. But for adventurers who can't stand the sight of falling tomato bites, they can only fall and cower in fear.


The Knights held their swords very tightly. Slash after slash of swords filled their surroundings as the smaller Chimeras began to attack.


One by one Victims began to fall, the red liquid of the knights began to scatter. The pungent smell spread in all directions making some of the novice adventurers start trying to escape.


"Chk... You cowards, this is the reason we knights rejected their involvement in the first place."


The knight captain's angry mumbled upon seeing the desperate sights of the adventurers and novice knights alike.


Stabbing Chimera's jaw then splitting it apart, it made a red liquid decorate the Armor she was wearing.


Piles of monster corpses were scattered everywhere. In general terms, adventurers usually saw piles of monsters filling their wallets when exchanging them at the Guild later, but, if piles of knights and adventurers like them were mixed in there, it would make them think twice about collecting them now. Because all they have in mind now is the desire to survive.


"Damn it!!... What were the higher-ups really thinking in the first place?"


Headache expressions were displayed by the knight captain and his subordinates. Nothing was worse when they saw the fact that the comrades beside him weren't worthy to be their swords or shields and were mere twigs that didn't even offer any meaningful resistance.


To the Knight Captain who knew the nature of the superiors, a situation like this was like two swords tipping right in front of and behind his neck.

If he continued the fight it was possible that the team he was leading now would be wiped out, but if he decided to withdraw, what would await when he returned was the superior's decision to make his head the object of research by the noble mages.


Obviously the first option is more rational.


But luck favors the knight captain when the much-awaited help finally arrives.


Behind them, on the other side of the dark forest a dazzling light shone on a white-haired young man. The man held a fire sword in his hand.


The heat began to spread as the man walked slowly, then bent down while aiming the blade.


"Ooo... Fire Dragon Lord, please give your followers the power to gain the gift of speed in order to eradicate evil…. [Fire Acceleration]"

The magic circle underfoot began to form. then the man shot like a bullet towards the giant Chimera, the ground where the man had been standing burned violently pushing back, flames floating in the air making a kind of trajectory.


The smaller chimeras that gathered around the giant chimera began to be blown away by several super fast slashes, lumps of chunks of flesh and blood splatters that had not yet fully evaporated caught fire and then spread to other flocks so that the path was filled with flames from the monsters.


The young man reached the giant Chimera then a blind attack full of flames in the air lit up the dark night.


Chimera instinct started to scream, then jumped and ran to keep some distance which in the end the young man started to approach quickly to cover it up.



"Amazing... Is this the strength of a B-rank adventurer that's been rumored lately?? he's probably on par with the Hero's subordinates in the Capital," commented the knight captain when he saw explosions of flames popping up all over the place.

The white-haired young man continued to chase at an incredible speed. Several explosions occurred as a result of the slashing waves of fire being aimed at, however the Chimera's superiority to speed and agility was clear.


He who noticed the speed gap started to cast the [Fire Acceleration] spell once again, thus the distance was instantly covered.

With flames like a tornado finally the man stood right in front of the Chimera. The chimera that realized there was no other way but to fight it then roared with a loud, ear-splitting sound that could be heard several kilometers away causing waves of wind to brush against the leaves.


ROOAR!!!!!!


The loud sound from the mouth without lips grew louder and louder from time to time.


Clumps of black circles began to appear around the Chimera then a portion of the pitch-black Spear emerged from the Chimera's neck and flew into the air. With a glance of Chimera's eyes Dozens of spears rained down on the man, but the super-fast slash of the fiery sword sent the black spears flying in all directions.


The surrounding area was a little further away from the Knights and Adventurers so swarms of smaller Chimeras started popping up all around.


But the young man started to smile widely, as if convinced of his victory. Then the young man shouted loudly.


".... LIONA NOW!!!!"


Multi-layered magic circles began to appear in the air, and a woman holding a wand began to cast a spell.


"O Fire Dragon Lord, lend the holy hammer of justice to your loyal followers... [Meteor]!!!!"


A heat wave covering a large area began to be felt, magical energies were concentrated from above the sky, then a fireball like the sun appeared as the magic circle disappeared.


A Third Tier Magic spell with a very strong concentration of area magic that only the followers of the Fire Dragon Lord could use, which became a clear symbol of how obedient the followers were, was currently being used by a young girl.

The fireballs fell at an incredible speed, the red streaks of the sky could be seen even by eyes outside the forest. When the ball hit the ground a huge explosion occurred, causing flames and thick black smoke to spread out like a three-layered ring disk, destroying any creature in the center of the explosion.


The gigantic Chimera Monster [Death Smile] was reduced to nothing but ashes.


As the black smoke began to fade, a man within the circle of fire stood slightly from the center of the explosion and then sheathed his sword.

1