Chapter 12 – Recruitment Scheme
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose handed the gun right in front of Kai. His soft fingers when he took off his gloves, showed how he tried to respect the other person.


He then reached out to try to shake hands.


"How, are you interested in joining the Organization?"


Even though Rose knew that the person in front was full of suspicion that was pointed right at her, she also knew or rather estimated that Kai had a tendency to think objectively and sometimes pragmatically.


Knowing the opponent was a Dragon Lord follower who was also a Magic Swordsman, was the main reason Rose could be as confident as now in drawing conclusions.


(Having someone who is able to think objectively as well as combat ability, isn't bad. In fact, it's much better, than someone who is capable but full of stupidity.)


For Rose personally, recruiting rare human resources to be crammed into the Organization, was not something that could be called an easy job. What's more, under pressure from superiors who like to demand things beyond the capacity of normal humans. Both hands seem to need to be doubled, Rose's career is really at stake in this case.


Quitting a job is not an option.


There is no better job when it comes to long-term benefits than being a member of the Organization.


Even if the rural aristocrats were offered the same thing, then they would gladly give up the nobility just to become a member of the Organization.


Even if that would be something extremely impossible, considering how hidden the Organization was, it would likely happen if they found out what the Organization's officers knew.


Especially for Rose who has been racking her brain and sweat all this time. To get the rank of Lieutenant Colonel was something worth the effort now.


And Rose clearly didn't want her comfort to go away.


"Still in doubt? I'm sure you understand that you can't do it alone."


Kai was silent when he heard what Rose said. Her purple eyes still saw how Rose's gentle hand was trying to get Kai to join.


After he saw Rose's face, Kai started to answer.


"What do you want from me?"


"Not much, just a mutually beneficial cooperation."


Rose started to lower her hand because she had already got confirmation.


She saw Kai with her beautiful eyes, an ally and a subordinate would enter into a valuable asset. a card that Rose could possibly take out in a precarious situation.


There was no better news on a stormy day today than what Rose saw right now.


(hmp..Very comfortable.)


He got down from the table and grabbed something from under his black coat, and caused a kind of tremor as the delicate hands touched the chest which was bigger than the average woman.


It can even store multiple layers of paper without having to worry about falling.


Several documents were removed from around the cleavage, then Rose placed the documents on the table.


"I didn't bring any form documents for enlistment, and that's also not how the Organization recruits someone. In exchange, there is one special requirement from me to make you an official member of the Organization."


Kai saw what Rose gave him. It was a painting of several men wearing luxurious clothes.

"They are nobles, a few days from now, in the capital to be exact. There will be an auction of beautiful slaves, those people are the official organizers of taking assets from the village that was destroyed recently. The innocent country girl, and some poor girl seems to be giving them a financial advantage."

Kai looked at the painting below him with a look in his eyes as if trying to understand something.

After he finished, Kai looked at Rose then said.


"You want me to finish them off?"


Rose smiled sweetly, she then said a few sentences while continuing to spread her lips.


"Of course not."

(How ridiculous.. They are people who voluntarily train and nurture human resources who have the potential to become the Organization's tools. And the good news is, they do all of that for free. Then, why would you even think about exterminating them? It would be better if we take the fruit of what they sowed first.)


Killing a bunch of profitable businessmen, recklessly on the basis of emotional outbursts, will only prove how stupid that person is. And Rose was definitely not that person.


Objectivity is the key. If one questions something of virtue and goodness, soon after that they will find some kind of big hole opening up.


Kindness that is moved only by emotion without logic, will create the potential for destruction that can arise at any time.


As an example. When someone helps someone he doesn't know, either by giving him money or other forms of help without knowing who that person is. He may feel that it is a virtue worthy of praise and useful for the person he is helping.


It was a simple thought and very sweet to taste.


Someone he helped, could be a criminal who slaughtered people or a beggar who became poor because of his laziness. And if that possibility wasn't bad enough, then good for evil would come next.


Underestimating logic and upholding emotion tends to make a person think subjectively, as if his eyes were covered by horse's glasses. Where he only sees one side, without seeing it universally.


Kindness without calculation will be a disaster. That was what Rose understood well.


"Then what do you want me to do?"


"Stealing documents and some recruits, by letting people they hate escape death."


Hearing that, Kai fell silent, soon after he gave an answer with a normal face.


"Okay, I understand."


"Good."


Rose started to step behind Kai, her hand grabbed his shoulder and he put a necklace around his neck.


A small bright red light adorned the view. When Kai glanced down his neck, the light reflected from the red diamond on the necklace revealed some sort of magic engraving.


It was an engraving that Kai knew of, but actually had a fundamental difference in magic sequences from what Kai could remember last time.


"Where did you get this from?"


"I don't know, if I remember correctly, I bought it from some people who wanted gold more than anything."


(Okay my potential card.. Oops. I mean potential business partner, what method will you use to complete the mission, I'm waiting for good news from you.)


Rose removed her hand from Kai's shoulder, then her face moved to the side, just seconds before their cheeks touched each other if Rose didn't hold it in.


Then he said something in a low tone to conclude their conversation.


"There will be some of my subordinates who will go there, I want you to go with them. And tell them, that you have been appointed by me as the leader of the team. Understand?"


Rose's necklace is a token of evidence for Kai..

0