Chapter 16
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Can automatons die? Blaze kept wondering as she dodged the attacks of the Darkness spider while continually throwing glances at the down and seemingly disanimated Mo. Alyss may act like them but they were the last thing created by her father she has to-

Caught up in her thoughts and worries Blaze was too slow and one of the spider’s sharp front legs sliced through her thigh. She tried to take another step, but fell to the ground, blood pouring from a leg she could barely move, “shit!”

The spider spewed a cloud of inky Darkness and she was quickly engulfed. She plugged her nose and held her breath but it wasn’t much help as the Darkness could worm its way into any orifice and was pouring in through her ears and eyes.

*

With strength and strength alone, Alphonse broke through the door. Immediately in his line of sight was Alyss, who was about to step into a cloud of Darkness to save her friend. Rolling his eyes, he took a lunging step forward and hooked an arm around her torso, holding her back. Standing in the doorway behind him, Luce fired an arrow at the ground by Blaze, the Light dispersing the cloud of Darkness. They quickly pulled the string back again. After letting it charge up strength for a second or two, while staring at the back of Alphonse’s head with their silvery-white eyes narrowed. They released teh arrow and pulled back the string once more. All without looking away from Alphonse, Luce fired arrow after arrow until the Darkness spider’s unnatural shrieking ended.

*

Suzie caught up to the stretcher. When she got close enough to see he had not grievous injuries she let out a sigh of relief. She walked in stride with one of the people carrying his stretcher, “I’m his squad leader, how is he?” Even as she asked, she was studying him. His clothes were torn and singed in places, bleeding cuts, nasty bruises were visible through the holes in his clothes. His face was flushed bright red and sweat dripped off his furrowed brow onto the cloth stretcher underneath him.

Before they answered her she already knew what they were going to say, “his injuries are slight but he over-extended his mana reserves. He needs some energy soon and a good deal of rest but he will be fine.” Suzie nodded and quickened her steps just enough so that she could take hold of Hiro’s thin, clammy hand with her strong, gloved and armored one, “it’s a good thing you’re okay, you fucking idiot.”

0