Chapter 23
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Kasm)

Training was hard enough for Kest when she wasn’t distracted, but she could hardly focus at all after splitting up with Deo. And Pit took full advantage of that.

Pit stepped on her toes. She lost balance and face-planted into the dewy grass, her mask getting knocked slightly askew. Due to her surprise, nervousness, and fatigue, the shaking in her hands was worse than normal and in her attempts to  right her mask she knocked it off completely.

Pit snorted, “if you would do the drills right, I wouldn’t run into you.” Their pure black mask appeared sinister as they looked down on Kest from above, “retard,” they added under their breath.

Kest’s nostrils flared and she launched herself, tackling Pit to the ground. She raised her fists to punch him when suddenly, behind her, a voice shouted, “the new kid fainted!”

“Deo!” Kest jumped off Pit, pausing only to stick her tongue out at them, before picking up her mask and running to Deo.

***

How was I supposed to know the kid was gonna pass out? Sen thought bitterly. That kid collapsed and he was forced to not only bring him to the infirmary but to also wait outside for the doctor’s report so he could bring it to Chief Bok. And Kest had decided to be the freaky little shit that she is and glared at him the whole time from way too close.

Finally he couldn’t stand it anymore and snapped at her, “what?”

Her bottom lip wobbled but she tightened her mouth to stop it before speaking, “why’d you have to ignore him just cause you hate me.” She balled her hands into fists, screwed her eyes shut, and shouted, “am I not allowed to have friends without you all treating them the same way you treat me!!”

Tears rolled down her slightly chubby cheeks. Sen’s dark eyes widened but before he could respond the door to the infirmary opened. Kest turned and ducked inside, almost knocking the poor doctor over.

Sen chewed on his bottom lip, looking at where she disappeared for a moment then finally looking up at the doctor and taking the report he held out.

0