Chapter 28
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Fol)

Deo could feel the rumble of thunder and soon enough fat drops of rain were falling into the courtyard he and Kisee had been playing in. Deo looked up and almost immediately a raindrop fell on his forehead and made him flinch.

King Rakii jumped down from the patio into the open, grassy courtyard and spread his arms wide, catching the raindrops as they started to fall faster. Kisee cheered and giggled, jumping in place and waving his hands in the air.

Within minutes the sky had grown dark as night and the rain was a torrential downpour. Soon Deo’s dark hair was plastered to his face and neck and his clothes were leaden with water.

Kisee grabbed his hand, cold and clammy, and tugged it. Deo looked over into his face, still seeing the same playful grin, and let himself be pulled. Their clothes were now heavy and the field was turning into mud but that didn’t bother Kisee and so it didn’t bother Deo. Kisee  led him to one of the divots in the field where a puddle had formed. Kisee jumped into the center of the puddle, coating both their legs in mud. Deo didn’t hesitate to stomp in after, feeling the infectious giggles bubbling up in his chest. Kisee kicked, splashing Deo. Deo shielded his face with his arm then splashed back.

Suddenly a large hand came to rest on Deo’s shoulder. His feet stilled and he looked up into the face of King Rakii. Rakii smiled down at him, “can you make the rain a little gentler?”

Deo nodded hesitantly, closed his eyes, and concentrated. Gradually the rain let up until it was a gentle drizzle. His eyes snapped open as Rakii hooked his hands under his armpits and lifted him into the air. “Amazing! We shall have a feast in your honor!”

*

One week later...

Deo had just gotten used to wearing the long skirts of the Fol but then...

“These clothes are really heavy, Wefyu... And they don’t really look like what everyone else is wearing...”

Wefyu looked up and met Deo’s eyes in the mirror, as he finished with the ties in the back, “it’s my own design. The King requested something special for the Gifted One to wear.”

Deo waited until Wefyu looked away from his face to pout. Most Fol clothes seemed loose, flowing, and free. But the skirts, yes multiple, were heavy and had a train, making them hard to run in. The sleeves were far too long and wide as well, getting in the way of his hand doing much of anything. And Wefyu had just finished lacing up something around his abdomen that made it impossible to bend and a tad hard to breathe.

Wefyu stepped over the train and came to stand by Deo’s side, “does... does it look nice?”

It did look nice. Vibrant greens and blues layered perfectly with a few accents in pinks and grays. The piece around his waist even sparkled where teh light hit it.

So Deo smiled, “it’s beautiful.”

0