Chapter 30
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Xul)

Younger brother Neron watched the prince and his ‘Deo’ play in the courtyard. It had been about a week and the burned boy ‘from the sky’ was starting to open up a little bit, if only to the prince. As Neron watched them ‘play’ he wasn’t sure it was a good thing...

“Can you make it rain?” the prince asked excitedly, eyes sparkling. His hands clenched around open air as if he wanted to tug on Deo’s arm but thought better of it.

Deo shrugged, trying to put on an air of aloof boredom, but the ear on the good side of his head turned pink.

“Try, try, try, try!”  the prince cheered, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

Deo closed his eye and for a moment nothing happened. Then there was a low rumble of thunder and Neron cast his gaze upwards to see dark clouds rolling in over the castle walls. As the prince clapped and cheered in delight and the first fat raindrops fell, Neron scowled. Using the Yelii like a Fol... is he here to try and convince the prince to marry Princess Anrhea?

The rain started to fall harder and Deo grabbed Prince Altyrion’s hand and started to drag him towards shelter. The two passed by Neron, Prince Altyrion’s eyes wide and cheeks blazing red. Well, at least he sucks at it if that’s his goal...

*

The rain was still going when the sun began to set. As Neron’s shift neared its end, he struggled to keep his eyes open. He leaned against the door, eyelids drooping, slowly blinking as he watched the two young boys chat while Prince Altyrion got ready for bed. The prince did most of the talking while Deo picked at the frayed edges of his bandages and occasionally hummed a response.

Suddenly, the door Neron was leaning against opened. He flailed out, barely managing to catch himself on the doorframe. He craned his head back and looked up at the surprised face of his older twin brother. Surprise that quickly melted into a smirk, “falling asleep on the job?”

Neron scowled, “shut up, you're late.”

Joren grabbed one of Neron’s arms and moved it so he could step into the room, “I’m not late, you’re just used to me being early.”

When Joren tried to let go, Neron latched onto his forearm and used it to pull himself up, nearly pulling Joren to the ground.

“Hey-” Joren’s bristling was cut off as Neron pulled him in to whisper in his ear, “Deo does Fol magic...”

0