Chapter 24 – Arrival
87 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the bow of the ship, I could finally see our destination In the distance. A huge archway was built into the side of a steep cliff, wide enough for our ship to easily slip in. While we sailed closer, I decided to check my falsified status.

°

Iris - Age 18 - Female - Level 32

Body - Sp: 186/194 MP 172/180

Stats - Str: 22, Dex: 24, Agi: 30, End 18, Int: 24 Luk: -

Skills - Parallel Thought {2}, Sword skill {3}, Gunsmithing {1}, Mental Resistance {3}, Disease Resistance {1}, Mana Control {4}, Dagger Skill {3}, Physical Up {3}, Critical Point {2}, Dark Vision {1}, Marksmanship {2}, Pressure {2}, Appraisal {1}, Cleave{1}

Title: A Sapling in Stone, "Bloody Cat",

Capability: 226 (290) with PU)

°

There. Much lighter now, and less conspicuous. I wanted to falsify "Parallel thought" too, but the guild could already have a record of my previous status. I couldn't risk getting in trouble with the guild over having a false status. And this wasn't for them anyway, this was so I could remain low profile. Though, for sone reason I felt that may be hard.

We soon reached the grand archway leading into the mountain. Below us at the bottom of the archway, was a double-wide railway. I guess this was the only entrance and exit to gravel 13. From the map I saw, this mountain actually contains two cities that are quite wealthy, and are thoroughly connected. Together they make up one super district, called "Frontier of Glass", though officially they're Mou district 12 & 13. They were called the Frontier of Glass due to their wealth, taking from the name of the most valuable coin, Magic Glass.

As soon as we passed through the archway, I immediately understood all the talk. There, in the distance, were hundreds of buildings, tall and short, mingling together. The lights of the city sparkled like molten gold, and there was little to no smog unlike Gravel 13. In the distance, I could see the city center, with massive towers that reached for the roof of the mountain. I guess these were the "ceiling-reachers" one of my books talked about. This world's version of skyscrapers, then.

They truly were massive... What could be their purpose I wonder? In Licht's world, sky scrapers tended to be massive office buildings. I wonder if this world would really need something like that all for administration, though. Perhaps they were apartment complexes that housed people, or commercial structures. Perhaps, wizard towers? Well, here they would be engineer towers, but same difference.

While I was lost in thought, the Airdocks came into view, just as brightly lit as everywhere else. Our ship smoothly came into port and docked safely as the crew rejoiced. It almost seemed like the ship itself relaxed after arriving safely. People began to disembark, with me, christy, and other hunters leaving last. Before we did however, I paid my respects to the captain. All he said in response was "I'm glad the crew brought ya aboard lass, otherwise she would'a been wrecked by that pseudo drake. Take care out there!"

And so our brief journey through the sky ended here. Harpy's feather would of course keep flying, but I would reside in this city a while longer. That said, the lot of us were all heading to the local guild, so we went together. During the walk, I decided to ask Ivan for some information.

Iris: "Ivan, you've been here right? Do you know a good armorer around that works with armor like mine?"

Ivan: "Hmm~ Armorers, huh? I know some, but they couldn't make something as unique as that. But if it's just repairs... You could ask Guile. He's an experienced armorer with a shop in the inner ring."

He gave me more detailed directions afterward and I memorized them. Them Milane approached me. She wore a heavy coat with leather armor under it and brown shorts with black stockings and big, brown steel-toed boots. She also had faint green hair tied back in a short ponytail.

Milane: "I recommend Guile too, but before that, you should get some spare clothes to wear while your armor's being repaired. I'll show you around, ok? And christy too" she said with a smile. I nodded and returned her smile.

We reached the hunter's guild soon after our conversation ended and entered. It was bigger and more extravagant than the guild in gravel 13. I suppose because more money was flowing around. Our group approached the reception and reported everything that happened. All that said... The news was grim, and the receptionist girl here was shocked to hear the news. Other folks close by were also shocked.

Iris: "Me and Christy here can give a more detailed report on what happened at gravel 13, as we fought on the front lines."

Recep F: "S-sure, of course. I'll listen"

So once more we recounted the specifics of that day. The monster horde, the queen leading them, unique creatures. And christy finished the part I was unconscious for.

Recep F: "This... Is heavy news. I'll have to bring it to the guildmaster... In the meantime, someone else will grant your rewards. Jerry~? I need to make a report to the guild master, so help this group with rewards."

A nearby receptionist who heard the report came over and her call with a nod, and distributed our earnings. I received 5 brass and 2 silver for the report and the hunting of the pseudo drake. It was quite a bit... So after everyone got their rewards, us girls split off from the others as Milane led us out of the guild and into the city to do Clothes shopping.

Although it wasn't necessary anymore, I still had my mask on to cover my face. It helped me feel more secure, and the others didn't seem to mind. Soon we approached a large building with big windows in the front, displaying dresses of all kinds inside. This must be the clothing store Milane wanted to bring us to. We entered, and I took my mask off. Still had to keep my manners.

The clerk at the counter bowed her head at us with a business smile, and told us to ask if we needed anything. I nodded back and the others gave their brief greetings as the other two began looking around. I just held my hands together and looked pretty... I felt out of my element as I looked around. The armored dress was one thing, It was stylish, protective, and comfortable. But I had no idea what to look for here... Fashion was never something I cared about.

While I was thinking, the other two picked some things out and brought me over to the changing room, and I was given several dresses of different kinds. I was told to changed with excited looks from the two girls, and I just sighed, stepping into the changing room and drawing the curtain. I stripped out of my armored dress and tried on the first thing in the pile I was given... A Kimono? I had never thought something like this could be here. Wonder who thought of it.

Licht, who was quite the japanophile, put it on for me and I drew the curtain, to some excited "Oooh~!"s. After posing for them at their request I was urged to try the next one, and closed the curtains again. Next was a more appropriate victorian dress that reached past my knees and was very ornate with plenty of frills. I started to feel like a dress up doll after showing it off to the girls, which was met with positive reception. After the dress was a lighter skirt that only reached above my knees and a matching shirt that exposed some of my collar and showed my abs a bit.

This was also met with positive reception, and it seems the clerk also came over to watch. Christy blushed and the other two looked surprised at my look. The clerk let out a small "Oh my" after seeing me. This was mortifying. With a flushed face I hid in the changing room and once again switched clothes. Only one more now.

The last one seemed to be designed like a maid's dress from a cafe. A puffy dress with a skirt that reached my knees, new Thigh-high stockings, and a shirt with a turtle neck and long sleeves that frilled out at the ends. It was grey with black and copper-red detailing.

I stepped out to expressions of awe. I twirled just a bit for this one.

Christy: "Perfect. I knew this one would be best." She said confidently. Then Milane piped up.

Milane: "What, no way! The last one was totally better."

Clerk: "Hmm~ They're both quite charming, especially for a young lady..."

There was a light argument but I settled it after a chuckle. "I'll buy both, and the first one aswell. Ah, and... Some lingerie too. Just two sets." And with that, the matter was settled and we went to the counter. Then the front door opened to a familiar face.

A lot of calm chapters lately huh? Well, you know what they say. Theres always a calm before the storm. If you like the story, consider leaving a rating or writing a comment! I'd love to hear others thoughts. And, if you want bonus content, consider subbing to my subscribestar for side stories and monster illustrations (coming soon)

3