Chapter 51 – Correction – V3 End
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as our gazes met, a clash was certain. The massive serpent lashed out forward, maw open to devour me whole. I leapt away, avoiding the simple attack with ease while it continued forward. It moved with the intent to trap me in its coil, seeing me as little more than prey. I was about to show the beast who was trapped in here with who.

As its body slid with speed abd force around me, I wreathed my claws in mana and lashed out, sinking my claws into its flesh and piercing the scales with ease. Blood splashed out as it shrieked in pain, writhing as it turned it's head and lashed down at me. It was impossible to counter it directly, so i ripped out my claws and jumped straight up by pouring mana into my legs.

It smashed into the floor again, and just like before, it redirected itself easily. Impacts don't seem to harm it, and combining that with its maneuverability as a serpent, it uses the recoil of its head-on attacks to redirect itself. Clever, but not clever enough. Extending my forearm out, I shot out my grappling hook into the wall, pulling myself through the air to avoid it's rebounding attack.

Consequently, the serpent smashed straight into the ceiling, offering little more than a soft hiss of irritation. We stared at each other. Myself, clung to the wall like a spider. And it, reared up like a cobra. I could see its powerful muscles tensing up under the scaly hide. Missing any other forms of attack, it lunged at me again.

I took this opportunity, unhooking my grappling hook from the wall and leaping just over the top of the monsters head, and grabbed onto the sail. Catching on quickly, it began to shriek in frustration and attempt to throw me off. I shot out my hook again, slinging it at an angle to force it to wrap around the neck of the serpent. As the blade wrapped around and lodged itself into the creature, I got as close to its vital point as possible and stabbed my mana-wreathed claws straight into it.

The shrieks got even louder as pain shot through the creatures body, and its movements more sporadic and desperate. However I kept up my assault, ripping and cutting through it to reach as deep as I can, glowing-red blood spraying out with extreme pressure. Then, as the coup-de-grace, I used the Arcana Magnum to blast a hole straight through its brain and out the bottom of its mouth. It shuddered and let out one final death rattle, before collapsing to the floor, twitching violently.

It took some time for the creature to finally stop moving, and as it did, I breathed out a sigh of relief. I let myself relax as I recovered my grappling hook, and dismantled it partially. My bag... Had begun to grow quite full. There was little room left, so I've only begun taking Guardian materials. Though, this may prove to be my last gathering session.

I was in the middle of checking my status screen...

--- = --- = ---

Iris - Age 14 - Female - Level 67 - Exhaustion (Minor)

Body - Sp: 508/535 MP 564/602

Stats - Str: 42, Dex: 58, Agi: 61, End: 41, Int: 53 Luk: ~

Skills - Parallel Thought {3}, Sword skill {5}, Gunsmithing {1}, Mental Resistance {3}, Disease Resistance {2}, Precision Mana Control {2}, Dagger Skill {3}, Critical Point {4}, Dark Vision {3}, Marksmanship {3}, Intense Pressure {2}, Appraisal {2}, Falsification {1}, Primal Enhancement {4}, Cleave{1}, Magic Bolts {2}, Acting {1}, Wild Brawling{3}, Mana Coating{3}, Mana Blade{2}, Detection {2}, Regeneration {1}, Spellcraft {2}

Title: Death-breaker, Crimson Wildcat, Sky-Slayer, Cruel, Light in the Darkness, Profane Descendant

Capability: 518 (924) with Limited PE) (1236) with Full PE)

!INTERFERENCE!

--- = --- = ---

Iris: "Interference...?" I mumbled, my expression twisting into confusion. What the hell does that mean? I got my answer just after asking, in the form of an ominous, horrid feeling. My hairs stood up and my skin crawled. I jumped to my feet and looked around, looking for the source of this feeling. It wasn't hard to find, as I spotted a... Fissure. Rift. Crack in space. Simply looking at this wrong hole felt like my brain would split in half. And as I looked, something crept out of the crack in reality. More accurately, it seemed to spill out like a sealed bag of liquid moving over a barrier.

This Thing had no color, nor form or substance. Yet i could perceive it, as it clambered up into a humanoid shape. Long, lanky limbs and torso. A featureless head. It was like a child's drawing of a person, but warped and wrong. I could already feel my body breaking into a cold sweat, and I gulped down my nerves.

It lifted its arm slowly and pointed at me. "Hand. It. Over. You should. Not. Have it. You are. Forbade. Acquiesce." I couldn't hear its voice, either in my head or with my ears, but I could somehow perceive its intentions. Or more accurately, it let me perceive them. It made me sick. What did it want me to hand over anyway? I opened my mouth to speak, but the Thing was already infront of me.

My eyes went wide as a chill froze my whole being. Its arm was through me, grasping something inside me. It was a feeling that violated my entire being. It began to retract its arm, as something was slowly torn and ripped from me. Every inch of my body forced me to scream, but no sound emerged. Further and further. 

"NO!" A shout emerged from me with a force even I wasn't aware of. I exploded with energy, every vein in my body bursting with red-hot flames. I grasped its forearm with my claws, and exerted every last bit of force I could muster to CRUSH and BURN through it. Sparks of mana and raw, primordial power exploded in bolts and waves around the point of contact. I could see its arm crack and fracture, breaking apart like plexiglass. Its round, featureless head began to explode with a spiky, nightmarish grimace. It roared with so much force that the air trembled, but I didnt waver.

My flames grew brighter, and I used my energy to seize whatever it was attempting to remove from me. I pulled back while crushing through its grip. I FORCED it out, and shattered its arm into magical dust. I felt what was mine return to where it should be, and the entity recoiled. It seemed bewildered and furious. I could see it somewhat more clearly now, it looked almost like a glass container full of stardust and darkness.

It lashed out at me once more, but I sliced through its arm, my face twisted into an expression of pure wrath. The flames wrapping around my body sparked and exploded against this entity made of pure energy, clashing against it. Even as I felt my physical body ripping apart from the force of the energy I'm exerting and enduring, I fought on against this nightmare from the stars. I used biade and claw in a wild, ferocious dance, while it forged on through pure power. Yet, as almighty as it was, I was pushing It back. And mere moments later, our fight came to a standstill as space bent around the creature. 

It seemed to be forcefully ejected from this plane of existence, slipping out of this one and back to where it came. However it got here, I suppose it could only stay temporarily. As it melted out of this space, my full-power primal enhancement slowly burnt out, like a smoldering fire. And as the last few embers drifted off from my figure, I dropped to my knees and slowly lost consciousness.

~~~~~

0