Chapter 1 The Lost Found by The Gods
132 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Another day of hard work done."

 

A woman in her later 30s sighed.

 

Her name is Rina Minazuki, a tech specialist on a certain black company. 

 

Like her usual days since she had entered the company, all she did was work, and work, a little socializing from time to time and rarely having vacations.

 

Her main pastime was to play after work, would usually be reading books or playing games.

 

"What game should I play today?"

 

She doesn't have a specific genre as her favorite, and would frequently play the ones that peaked her interests.

 

Walking her usual route home, her vision suddenly started to blur.

 

"Huh, what's happening?"

 

Confused, she did her best to calm down. But didn't help her slowly fading consciousness. 

 

"Seriously, what…"

 

Without finishing her words, her consciousness faded.

 

*

 

**

 

***

 

Within the chaotic distortions in the boundaries of worlds, a being was leisurely doing its usual tasks in maintaining one of the newer worlds it had created.

 

After finishing the work, it noticed something strange within its domain in the chaotic space.

 

"Oh my, what's this"

 

What it found was almost a spec of a presence within the chaotic realm, a lost soul who, was luckily enough, took refuge within its domain.

 

"This is interesting, how many eons have passed since one had entered my place?"

 

Curious, it scooped up the soul and scanned it to identify who it was and how it ended up in such a place.

 

"I see, she was caught up in a space distortion, how unlucky"

 

Now, understanding the circumstances, it contacted the being that might have been responsible for her demise.

 

"Hey, Yog, can you link me to the current manager of earth?"

 

It shouted in the chaotic space, and after a moment passing, a part of that space distorted, forming an eye blinking as if reacting to the call.

 

Moments later, the chaotic space became dyed in white.

 

The being, holding the soul, materialized itself into something humanoid, but barely looked human. A woman with 4 massive horns on her head, six pairs of wings that varied from angelic to reptilian like, arms and legs covered with scales and sharp claws, while black scale like armor barely covering her private parts, and 3 reptilian tail behind her.

 

She was known as Tiamat, one of the ancient gods who have also once been involved with the creation of earth long ago.

 

She created a simple throne to sit on and waited for the current manager of earth to arrive.

 

Moments later, a golden gate appeared in front of her to which a human like being appeared with a face that one couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman, and was wearing clothes resembling those of a businessman.

 

"Greetings Tiamat, I am the current manager of earth !@#!@!!#"

 

The being in front of her introduced himself in a language that would only be comprehensible to beings of the same stature as them.

 

He then continued.

 

"Why was I called upon your presence?"

 

Tiamat didn't reply and just opened her hand, to which a vivid ball of light popped out. That ball of energy was the lost soul that Tiamat found in her domain.

 

"That, how did…"

 

Not able to finish its reaction, Tiamat finally spoke.

 

"Do you have any Idea how this one ended up in my realm?"

 

Snapping out of shock, the being downheartedly reply.

 

"I'm sorry, but I don't"

 

"I see, well, that doesn't matter anymore since nothing can be done as it had already happened. I'll pass over to you her memory as to how she ended up in my realm."

 

Upon checking the information that Tiamat sent, his face slowly cramped. He had always worked hard maintaining the world that was known as Earth, but no matter how perfectly it was maintained, there would be some slip-ups happening from time to time.

 

One such slip-up caused this soul's life to end. Looking back at the soul and Tiamat, he was thinking of ways to make amends, and the two of them discussed it. But such discussions could not proceed without the consent of the being, or rather the owner of the soul. As higher beings, they could have just processed the soul and let it move on, but Tiamat was interested in the soul that survived in the Chaos Realm, to which even lower ranked Gods were unable to enter.

 

"Then, for now, I shall awaken this lost soul"

 

A surging amount of energy inserted into the soul, and slowly it took the shake of a person.

 

*

 

**

 

***

 

Regaining her consciousness, RIna slowly opened her eyes.

 

"Huh, where am…"

 

What greeted her vision was a white space that covered the place and a giant who looked like a woman that was sitting on what seemed to be a throne.

 

She then realized that she was standing on top of her hand while she was looking at her.

 

"Ah"

 

Shocked by her current situation, which was so abnormal, she was starting to lose her sanity.

 

Then a calm, soothing voice entered her ears as the giant talked to her.

 

"Calm down, human, you are in the presence of a Great Old one"

 

Without knowing what happened, Rina's mind started to calm down.

 

The giant then put her down and to her surprise, even though there was no floor underneath her feet, it felt as if she was standing on solid ground.

 

"Have you calmed down a little"

 

Suddenly, she heard a different voice from behind her.

 

It was a voice so neutral she couldn't tell if it was from a man or a woman. Turning around, she found herself faced with another being, so beautiful yet confusing as she was unable to tell if it was a man or a woman, her mind thought it was a trap.

 

"Shall we start the discussions then?"

 

Hearing the woman's words again, she turned back to the giant figure, only to find it shrunk to the size of a normal human and was walking towards her.

3