Chapter 4 Choices and Reincarnation
100 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can't I just be a normal human?"

 

"Well, we could build it close enough to being human, but a normal human body won't be able to house your soul. As I have mentioned before, your soul has mutated to survive in this chaotic realm that even lesser Gods would normally be crushed."

 

"So I can't be a normal human anymore, what races can I choose?"

 

"Let's see, narrowing down to races that won't give you any strange complications. It would be…"

 

There were several races in the selection, like High Elf, Ancient Dragonoid, Spirit Hybrid, Demon and even Angel and many other seemingly powerful races.

 

"So, what do you think?"

 

"Is this the only choice I could pick?"

 

I replied, knowingly, that those races were selected because of their humanoid forms. I know that there should be other races as well outside that selection that would be more compatible, but she probably considered that I would like to be more humanoid. The ones she presented were ones that would likely be able to integrate the easiest with society. 

 

"There are more for you to pick, but those others were, in a way, could be called special entities. I won't recommend them, even if those races would be most compatible to house your soul."

 

"I see."

 

"Also, there are those unique entities that only one of them could exist in the world. That's why I will only include those races if you are willing to go on a path of living alone. And as a young individual, I really don't want you to go on that path so early in life."

 

"It's alright, I'd like to see it. I just find the previous races kind of normal. I don't know why, but I feel like I can't see myself as any of those. Though being a dragon kin seems nice."

 

"I see, then see for yourself if you would like to be any of these"

 

The other selection included, Primordial Demon, Dragon Lord, and other beings on the same level which mostly catastrophe class creatures.

 

There were many choices, around 40 more races with varying unique traits and were mostly non-human. After checking most of them, I found myself looking at a certain race.

 

Chaos Child - Also known as the emissary of chaos, sent directly by the Goddess of Chaos to do her bidding. A being that possessed abilities that did not follow the rules of the world.

 

Yes, this one. This one was somehow attracting me, no, it would more explainable to say that my soul was attracted to it. I kind of understand why, though, most probably because my soul got reinforced by chaos.

 

I asked Tiamat for more details about this unique race.

 

"Um, Tiamat, what about this one?"

 

I handed Tiamat the translucent projection.

 

"A Chaos Child, huh, that feels nostalgic"

 

Tiamat smiled as if reminiscing something.

 

"What exactly is that unique being?"

 

I asked for further details.

 

"Hmmm, how to explain this, well, you could say that this very being is me, or a part of me. It's an avatar I use when I want to directly check a world I create, sometimes just to watch over the current era, and sometimes to stimulate its growth."

 

"Wait, it's not a being, but an avatar?"

 

"That would be the closest that could represent it. Well, it's a little more than just an avatar, but let's leave it a that."

 

I see, it was probably not just a normal avatar, and knowing a bit of mythology, it must be something similar to what Gods use to visit the mortal realm in those written scriptures.

 

"If it's like your avatar, would I be able to use it?"

 

"Well, yes, I mean, I did include everything that could house your soul. And that is basically a doll, an empty husk that I made, so I can visit the worlds I have created."

 

Tiamat continued.

 

"However, like I have mentioned before, if you choose this, you won't be able to live a normal life, you won't be able to have children, and most of all, you will live without an infinite lifespan. You may still get killed because it is not an immortal body, but it would be extremely hard to die."

 

"I see, so I would have to decide between being able to live the closest to being human or completely abandoning it. But just out of curiosity, what would happen if I die?"

 

With a serious look on her face, she answered.

 

"Well, with your soul turning into a special kind, you will be returned to me. And I would once again ask you if you would like to continue living a different life or if you don't want to continue anymore. If you wish to end everything, I will be the one to end it. I can't return you to a normal world's reincarnation cycle after all, so that's the only thing I could offer you."

 

"Can't I be converted into a normal soul?"

 

"No, also your memories and individuality have completely mixed into your soul that it could not even be refreshed by a normal soul reincarnation system. So, the only choices I could offer you now, would be, to reincarnate in another world by my power, to be literally wiped out of existence or to be absorbed by me"

 

I was a conflicted by her explanation regarding my soul, especially the absorbing part, but I guess I don't really have any other option. And even if it was by accident, I did get under her protection and was offered a choice. She could have simply erased or devoured without even knowing. 

 

For now, I have decided on my Choice. The details that were shown to me might probably be just a summary of this race was, so I will have to check things out on my own.

 

"Oh, I have expected you to choose something different but you to select this one…"

 

Tiamat chuckled, her face filled with reminiscence.

 

"Was there something wrong with my choice?"

 

"Nothing really, I just find it strange. And I did mention that this is just as soulless husk that I use when I visit the lower worlds. But then again, considering it's potential and your compatibility, this may end up with an interesting outcome, so I wouldn't mind if you selected it."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes, however, I do need to tweak it out a bit to match the wavelength of your soul. This was after all configured to house me."

 

"Will it be that long?"

 

"Not really, just enjoy reading about the different races I have selected, even if I inject information into your soul after reincarnating, reading about them, I think, is more fun."

 

I followed Tiamat's suggestion and checked the selection panel once more. There are quire many races in the selection, mostly what one would hear about in fantasy stories, like dragons and stuff. It was quite fascinating how vast the amount of legendary creatures out in that world.

 

Tamil was only standing still holding the orb which was the core of the Chaos Child, and her other hand seemed to be flicking through invincible panels in front of her. It was quite a surreal sight.

 

There is no concept of time in the Chaotic Realm, so basing only on the amount of information I have read, I calculated that more than an hour had already passed, and moments later Tiamat finally stopped, and the orb started to glow.

 

"Alright, it's ready. I have also included various information about the world, but only the general knowledge of people in it, so you won't end up confusing the locals. It won't be a journey of discovery and learning if I included everything."

 

"Yes, thank you for the consideration."

 

"Alright, with everything prepared, it's time for the actual reincarnation. Oh and before I forget, you would need to bind your soul into this after the transfer. We can't bind it here, since this is the Chaotic Realm."

 

"Yes."

 

"Well then, I will contact you once you have awakened, so this is goodbye for now."

 

After saying so, my consciousness slowly faded as I watched Tiamat approach me.

 

I was really excited and even in my sleep state, I couldn't help but imagine what kind of journey I would be having. Whatever it may be, I would enjoy it to the fullest.

 

***

 

"Hmmm… alright, that should be good enough. Now then, how to create a portal over there. If only I could contact Tiana, then I would be able to ask her for help to bring this young one over."

 

Several panels then appeared and disappeared in from of Tiamat. After doing many calculations and setting coordinates, the panels disappeared, and a portal that looked like it was connected to the abyss appeared.

 

Looking satisfied with her work, Tiamat tossed the core into it, with the girl's soul safely encased inside.

 

***

 

The other world…

 

A strange event happened that day…

 

It was as if the sky in the other half of the world was swallowed by darkness, followed by an ominous rift appearing. It was only for a moment, but it was then followed by a rain of flaming debris which confused those who have witnessed it.

 

That time in history was recorded as the advent of the stars, which made the residents think that they might have angered the Gods.

 

Sooner that day, an Oracle was announced to every being that it was simply a prank by their Creator God, and the Gods apologized for the disturbance. This, however, resulted in once again the rise of Religion and people fearing Gods, which actually helped the civilizations improve.

 

And then, 20 years after that event. One of those rocks that fell to the sky, the one where no human population surrounded it, started to glow and cracked.

 

Then, like an egg hatching, the Chaos Child was born.

4