Ch. 14: what pretty underwear, didn’t think she liked that colour
43 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 days...3 whole days, smelling something so nice just silently laying before me. If i try to reach out for it, I get slapped.

You may think it doesn't hurt. Well yeah it doesn't hurt that much, at least physically. My heart on the other hand is bleeding.

"So, what would be the correct choice when you're getting attacked in a city or a place with innocent bystanders around you?" Ye thats the reason why... Only if I get all 100 questions right with my personal explanation, will that demon lord before me, let me eat a piece. Not the whole thing no. A piece!

"Hit them lightly and hope nobody dies again? Because life is important? Please Ana, how about a break? Aren't there any human rights here?" 

I know there aren't.. was one of the first things I learned. If anything the law was like this, Nobles>Guilds> Commoner.

Also, it seems the weird stares I got were because of my... entrances. How should I've known that flying is only possible with a high enough class and mana.

The most important thing that I learned, really shocked my though..

The level of most Commoners doesn't exceed lvl 100, Guilds and clans have few people in the 500-600 levels and some ancestor of empires are lvl 700ish.

There are only 12 beings know to have exceeded the 800 mark. 2 of which I already knew. The Queen of Azure Night and Fan.

I knew I was OP but holy cheese. I'm only lvl 5 now and could probably fight multiple Fans together. Not that I could win but loosing wouldn't be too likely either.

For that reason I told myself to life like a mortal during my time here. My aim is ascending. So why not having fun playing the victim to bully the predator! Getting the thrill of leveling up and so.

After I told the demon lord about that, to have her input, she just laughed at me. After I showed her my stats she almost kneeled and begged for mercy.

So after that we made a deal. I will get 100 of her questions right and make a promise to not get into too much trouble. Else she will let every cook know about me. I don't dare to underestimate her power, she's scary.

And that's where we currently are. After 3 whole days, I had 8 answers acceptable from her perspective...

------------------------

"Good you're getting closer to being your typical bandit or arrogant noble! At least that's a mile better from before... Last question, what do you do when a weak person needs your help but can't give you any rewards?" 

Ana? What do you mean, like your 0815 bandit or noble? I have feelings you know!

"Ehm, first get to know their situation? Also maybe they have any valuables I can sell so I get a reward like that? If it's possible to not kill too many people I should help and if not, letting some nobles know would be the best? Because... I don't know? My brain hurts please Ana. Isn't it enough already?" No seriously... 15 days... It felt more painful than the 1000years in the forest. At least i was having fun there...

"Well.. i think it's good enough? May---" ohh look at who is back. My 'not anymore blood brother' Honig!

"Hey dear I'm back...hello D... Pls, I didn't know anything. You should now know that people can't read minds!" 

Hmpf, I don't believe one word of him. While I have to study and hunger like a prisoner, he can fill his belly with all those delicasies.. Should I just kidnapp Ana after this? No, that was Question #42, right? No kidnapping for personal gain.... Stupid rules..

"The Guildmaster asked me if there is any progress? He heard our friend here wants to be an adventurer and got him a badge and a mission...after you give the clear sign, that is." Wait, could it be? Honig my dear brother! 

Thank you for making that grumpy old man sway! I never thought I would get that anymore!

"I don't dare to say he wull not make any problems but burning cities or the likes shouldn't happen, i hope at least. But if it's ok i would like to let him talk to city lord Even. Just to see what he thinks as a noble." Wow,is it that? The final test!? To see if I can spread my wings and fly away? I'm ready!

" I think that should be doable? Captain Un also wanted to meet...such a legendary being." Why do you look at my like that brother? I didn't kill anyone yet..again...

Ye it seems I killed about 10 people with my punishment.. the dwarve body was never found.

--------------------

2 days after the incident in the Guild, the building was rebuilt and shined in new glory. Inside the guildmasters the 'grumpy' old man was speaking with a projection.

"Yes Emperor, if what Serajna said is true. It could very well be the one choosen by the World Tree.. I ask for your opinion on this"  If you looked closely you could see some love within his eyes when he looked at the man inside the screen.

"Uncle Bob, I told you many times. Just call me Xavus like you used to. I may be Emperor know but most things I learned was because of you. I also would never meet my dear wife." Yes, the one talking, was Xavus Volskya. Emperor of the Volskya Empire and husband of Loana, the High-Elve, also father to princess Lilly.

"Ohh little boy, you should know I can't do that. If somebody found out I would be hanged. But as long as you wish, I will gladly accept my death." If D was here his mouth would be big enough to fit one whole fly. That old man can say such things?!

"Uncle... Very well I will not be asking you again. For your question, I give you the full support. I will talk to Immael after our conservation. He will probably accept it, that ancient thing itches for some fun and fighting." Some silence ensued in the room. Both knew very well that if this being what it seems to be, soon the continents will clash again.

"Also let Even know, his aunt is on the way. I believe she should be there within 12 days. See you again uncle" After the last words the screen blurred and the person within vanished.

"Let's hope for the best." The room shrouded in silence. Like the calm before the storm.

-------------------------

D's final Exam. You don't believe in me? Very well, I will show you today I can have a normal conservation without killing someone!

"Hellouuu pizza delivery! Anybody home?" See i can break the ice without harm. Just why do those guard look at me this weird again? I didn't anything weird!

Inside the city lords villa. A skinny man was walking in circles and mumbling to himself.

"Sorry....Aunt....don't....choice...monster....fate.....survival...." 

"My Lord? The adventurer D is here to talk. Also it seems your aunt was seen riding to the southern gate." Un was stepping inside his lords room. 

"Thanks Un, I don't know what I would do without you. Maybe we should call quits after this. I don't even know which joke of a god made my fate to look like this.." Even sighed will Un just looked at his lord weirldy.

Where did that man of power go? He knew what achievments the man before him had. Most would kill for it.

Perfectly made for a city lord, Reasonable Leader. To some extent he can get bits of the future. Not far and not much but it helps a lot with many situations.

"Ok let's go and meet him. I just have this bad feeling about today." With his mind spoken, Un and Even left the room to the meeting hall.

----------------

 "Woah look at the floor! I can almost see my perfect handsomness. Who cleanse that? Mr. White?" As I was talking to myself, sitting on the most comfortable chair in here, two people came through the door.

"Yoo what's up, my name is D! You have to be Un and Even? Weird that you are two persons with that name... Ehm... How about telling Ana I was a normal person who surerly doesn't talk like a maniac? You even get 3 wishes!" Ohh not bad! Only the one on the left, think that's Un? Looks somehow disturbed, the other one just sighed! 

I take that as a mission accomplished!

"Hello sir D,i think that sounds like a good deal to me. Can I use the first one already?" Ohhh hook, line and sinker! So what will it be? A treausre of gold?! 20 maidens?! Or the legendery O*e P*ece?

"I'd like to get you of my chair if possible. The chair at the top is usually reserved for the lord of the mansion.. as for the second and third one.... I think I will hold onto them for now, if it's ok with you?" Ehhh that would explain why it was so comfy...

"Very well, I won't make things to difficult for you peasants, I will go and seat myself somewhere else. As for your second wish.. very well you can hold onto your third one foe some time." That should be enough graciousness of me. I even think that i got the short end of the stick.

Meanwhile a certain city lord was almost collapsing to the floor. How was this better? Didn't they say Ana reformed him? How bad was he actually before?!?

"Lord Even, I think that is...enough. i'm sure Sir D doesn't mean any harm." See even that one understood me. Now the demon lord can't say anything else.

"So sir D, we would like to send you on a quest to the Iceland of Yumur. If it's possible for you? Sadly all teleportation stations are down in the Iceland. So you would either have to go from here or the eastern or western part of the continent. We also hired a supervi-- guide for you..." That sounds like some big quest, are you sure a newbie adventurer like me should be doing something big like that? No flowers to pick here or something?

"I can go alone I don't need...a guide. Maybe I would need some provisions for the way. Some spices, a map, vegetables and such. Also a cook book...." You know, If i can learn how to cook I don't need to be on guard against the demon lords threats. 

Hahahaha, I'm just to smart for these pepegas hahahahha.

"Can you please stop to grin like that? It seems creepy... For your request it can be done. Do you also need a space ring?" Ohh city lord bro a space ring would be really nice! Didn't see one in ages!

Hmm wait a minute... Somewhere here right?

Un and Even looked at the men before them rummaging through his pants with a weird look. What does this box of wonders now!?

"Ha!! Knew it, had one all along! How does this work? Open!.... Let me see what your inside look like!! Fuck you? Sesame open?---"

Both spectators had the same thought about him. Was it really ok to let this being loose on this continent? Was he dropped as a baby?

"You have to input mana...if you want to use that ring" finally Un couldn't resist anymore. He didn't dare to think what else the one with them could try!

"Thanks dude! Appreciate it!" Let's see..hmm why are there so many undergaments in here? Don't need that, that is also a nope. What even is this? Looks like handcuffs?ohh spices! Nicuuu~~~

As D put everything 'unusable' out of the ring, the people in the room had a dumbfound face!

Weren't these, they were? Right ?!? That is the spare sword of---

"Little John! Why the hell does the Emperor need my in your little place?! If you don't can give a good reason, this aunt, will trash your pla--"

The female voice drew nearer and nearer. When the door finally opened a red haired beauty stood there, with a priceless look. Wasn't that him? Weren't they her..her!!!!

Interrupted by the noise of the door. D looked up and saw that familiar figure again.

"Ohhh hey there beauty, long time no see! I didn't think you had such tastes in undergarment. Not going to talk about those handcuff things. You're a feisty on eh?"

That night, the whole city of Baharsta heard a female cry piercing into heaven.

------------------------------

Last chapter of Tuesday..is it even tuesday? Hell i don't know. I hope so.

Got a little foreshadowing of what is going to happen. Can somebody guess?

I also want to thank the lads who are still reading my jambo mumble of a story!

I think I'm getting better at writting in this style.

I never wrote a comedy/slice of life. Really hard for me to don't slide into either too much braindeadness (is that even a word?) or seriousness.

Anyway, see ya later alligator🍻

4