Ch.19: Bandits and a nice Picknick
30 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: I put my rambling mostly at the end of the chapter. This is one where I have to make an exception.

First thing. On 13th august there will be no updates. For making it up I will upload at least 4 chapters on the 14th. I'm away from home the whole day.

Second info, this is will be a longer chapter, so no more uploads for today. Also for those who aren't interested in stats I will put them into 'spoiler' tags from now on so you don't have to scroll too much.

Enjoy!

------------------------

So this is teleportation? Reminds me somehow of being hunted by Fan. Except that this is more like copying inestead of remolding. If this makes any sense to you all.

Maybe I can make a skill out of this? Nah, it's probably one of those UNIQUE ones.

Before I even could see clearly, a chlidish voice rang in my ears.

"Welcome to Sylf choosen one. Here is a space ring full of vegetable, different kind of meats and spices. A cook book of our best chef in this city was also placed in it. We only have one request, make haste to the Land of Yumur!" Little body, wings, a high pitched voice. 

A Fae? I don't know how some people could call that cute though. Looks like someone made a doll with wings. Creeeppyyy.

But the talk about them being nice and helpfull seems true. How did it know to get wishes from me? Was word spread around already that I will grant them in exchange for food? Got to be one of those network things. I wonder when somebody will finally tell those things to me...

"Ohh thank you little creepy. So what's your wish? And don't thi--" 

"Please go to the Land of Yumur as fast as possible, thank you! Also I would like you to stop calling me creepy..." 

Oj?!? Ever heard of not interrupting someone? Also that are 2 wishes! I don't make deals who are bad for me.

Bobbling up and down like some insect..which I'm sure they are somehow connected. It just waited. I think some sweat is forming on it?

"One wish..not 2 choose wis--"

"Than go as fast as possible to the Land of Yumur please!" ...... Is it broken? Yoo admin, we need a glitch check here! Wait, maybe I can do it myself? Please skill work.

*Ding*

Given mission to Fae 'Silvera Whitscale'.

Mission: Do a mental Check-Up

Reward: 3 Skill Points


Ye that seems good. Can't let mentally challenged people walk around civilians!

Meanwhile the Fae, Silvera almsot began to cry.

Quanea, told her that the one coming is special and it would be best to get him out of their territory. She just never imagined anything like this. Who is mentally challenged from us two?!?

"Thank you for the hospitality, we will get going now. Come, I heard there are spices only avaible in the Frostmurn Kingdom where we need to go, D." Raya beside them threw a life-saving ring to the Fae and probably all people within the city walls.

She knew his antics and how to deal with it. Was this called the wife expirience? But we didn't even marry yet! 

"Ehh why didn't you tell me that sooner Raya! Thanks for the space ring and all little creepy! Don't forget to check up to a doctor. There may be no punishment but you wouldn't want to suddenly destroy things or start singing some weird songs out of nowhere, right?" 

Raya almost puked blood when she heard his words. Wasn't thst a description of yourself?

She took D by his sleeve and just dragged him out of the Teleportation Station to the nearest city gate. 

Weirldy enough, no people were on the streets. All businesses were closed. Not even birds where anywhere to be seen. As if someone told them to hide at home because of some disaster.

After D and Raya left the city, a Fae with only 5% HP left because of some mental attacks sighed.

"Grandma Quanea was right to prepare all of this. I don't even want to think about what would have happened else. What is a mental check up though? Will she ever finish this mission? The 3 skillpoints aren't too bad. She has to ask Grandma after she made her report.

--------------

"We can either go straight south-east or we can go along the roads. You decide."  Outside the city Raya asked D what he rather wanted. He will probably choose the shorter way for food but that was good with her.

"Let's go along the roads! We will walk and if a carriage passes by we could highjack it... I mean we could ask for a ride from them! It's a long way to Verdania City." 

It was unknow if he forgot that he could just fly or he really wanted to walk there for fun.

"Very well... But I don't think there is a city called like that anywhere here? And please don't even think about highjacking anything...." Raya wasn't as sure anymore if it was a good idea to let him choose. He should have just grabbed her and flew. 

The only straw she had was that for every night to come she could have some fun with him.

"Sad... Well I should have known that. So while we walk can you answer some questions? I think it is about time for me to know some things." Like, really about time. He only had some basic infos.

"Sometimes I wonder if you lived anywhere with people or just under a rock in the Ancient Forest the whole time..." She didn't think that someone this strong would know less about the world than she. Well she had to guide him to Yumur, so he probably really lived like a hermit.

"Not exactly a rock but close. Now then, what is it about classes and lvls? I know that lvl 1000 is the max of this domain. There are soft caps at lvl 10,100 and a hard cap at lvl 500." I don't think thats all there is to that.

Is he for real? What is his level?

"Shouldn't you know that? You got a lvl 500+ tiger as a pet so you should at least be in the 800s, right?" 

This time it was D's turn to be stumbed. 800s? I'm not even 10!

Ohh I see..

"I never showed you my lvl or so eh? Now don't be scared. I'm more frustated than you! Because of that war mission I even have a locked level!"

D put some mana into the air and outlined his stats.

Spoiler

    Name: D 


Race: Human


Level: 5


Stats: 


18'120'000/18'120'000 Health


1'200'000'000/1'200'000'000 Mana


43'100'000 Combat Power


Class: -


Skill: 


           Over Enhancing lvl Max


           Nature Call lvl Max


           You can, They can, I can @$@

            Identify lvl 93


Titel: Mhytical Being, Rya Family Guardian, Lightning Rod, Quest Admin, Little Brother of Aurora Rya, 


Achievment: Death isn't the End, A Complete Playthough, Reincarnated by Lightning-dono


Skillpoints: N/A ?!?@$@?!?

Quest: 

Main:

1.War of Inhertance (T-1150)

2. Spank that Trunk


Side:  

[collapse]

.........

.........

........

"Yoo Raya you ok? You look like you ate some weird things." Was it really that weird? Except my level it should be somwhat normal, right? Fan has some worse stats but there was this (Limited) behind his level.

"...Do you know that if you wanted to, you could tear spac--- DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!" Before Raya could finish her partner in crime already wanted to punch with full force at the air before him.

"There are some max stats you can't overgrow because it would break the laws of the lower domains. For Combat Power it's 40'000'000. The reason is simple. If 2 beings with that mich power would clash for some minutes the whole domain would collaps.

I can only tell you what I heard myself, if you want to know more you should ask King Immael or... The Ancestor of the Elves..." 

Ohh well, Ben has some swimming to do. I don't think he will be back anytime soon... Basic information are good enough though.

...........

......

....

"That is all that I know. But I dare to say even in the higher realms you are a weird one with that kind of stats.. what are thoss achievments and titles anyway?" Good question raya, I didn't want to read them because I probably will get a heart attack or something.

Let's go over what she explained to me first befor I get another rage moment...

The soft caps are where you define your classes. In short, if somebody does many manual things before lvl 10. His class would steer in that direction. Skills also have some minor input.

It's called the basic class.

If you hit level 100 your class will change accordingly to what your basic was.

By lvl 500 your class will transform a third time and you become a half divine being.

Also, depending on your achievments and titles your class will be influenced too.

Raya gave her as an example.

At lvl 10 she unlocked the class Survivalist. Seems she had some pretty rough childhood.

She began her adventurer work at a lvl 36 and accepted only missions where she had to protect people.

After years of fighting she unlocked the title Red Defender and achievment Blood Spiller.

So at level 100 her class survivalist with the inputs of those 2 transformed to Blood Guardian.

A defender class which is strong at taking hits and drawn out battles. She also has a Berserker skill which unleashes the emotions of hatred from those she has slain or failed to defend.

Ohh man, what the hell will my class be when i hit lvl 10? Deaths Lackey or something?!?

As for skills, the max cap are diffetent and there isn't a norm. High level skills have some lower max level though.

"What about Identify? I only see 3 skills whenever i use it on a sentient being?" I don't think Fan or the Azure queen only have 3 skills.

"Oh that's easy, only the 3 highest skills are shown from Identify, if somebody had hundreds of skills it would be too much of a hassle right? The same with titles and achievments. Only the rarest will be shown.

Ok, seems understandable. I too hate info dumbs. Where's the action in that? .... Wait... Can I even have that anymore? Is there even a being strong enough here to let me go wild? Maybe that King Immael can play with me for some time.

Anyway, it's time to look at my titles and achievments... Good luck to myself.

"Thought so... Now I don't want to hit level 10..." Ye, big sis... You're spanking will be an all out trashing buffet. Did you really want me to be undying that bad? I didn't read those which i already knew... This is enough for one lifetime...

-----------------

Title:

Mhytical Being: Dragon and Phoenixes are legendary beings. Only few know that in this reality, there was once something lurking at the begining of time. Sitting at one of thrones beside Death and Life themself. No living being has command over you.

Rya Family Guardian: Your relationship with the Rya Family can only be described as low. Still, if someone dared to hurt them, your fury would burn the very fabric of space. Will be summoned to defend the Ancestral Land of Rya if necessary.

Quest Admin: Thanks for helping out to make this reality a cleaner place! You can give out quest and change some minor things.

Little Brother of Aurora Rya: A grown man is the little brother of a underaged tree. You have to get this as a title, else nobody would believe that. You can become a tree in your next life.


Achievment: 

Death isn't the End: Circle after circle was completed. Death's door is open for you at anytime. You can leave if you want but he will be awaiting your return. Died over a billion times. Undying till the end of existence.

A Complete Playthough: You got 90% of all achievments possible.Nobody knows how you did that. It had to hurt nonetheless. Immunity to mind/psychic abilites. You influence the people around you with your antics.

-------------

"What do they say?" Raya watched from the side as d stood still for several minutes.

"You ok? Raya to D, please come in." Since she heard that sentence the first time she fell in love with it. What a way to tell somebody they are frozen!

".... I don't want to talk about it.... Let's rest here I need some food to calm down..." Who could by angry with him.

If D didn't knew that his sis didn't have any influence anymore he would have thought it was her doing.

What are these, Undying? Forced summon? Tree reincarnation? Influence people around me?

His head turned to look at Raya... Well maybe? But why not Ana or Honig?

Time to eat...

-----------------

As D was preparing a meal for the both of them a carriage made his way slowly to them.

Inside the carriage a middle-aged man, a middle-aged women and 2 little children were sitting.

"Sir, there are 2 people resting before us. Should we ask to join them? The women looks like an adventurer." The driver in front spoke through a little window to the middle-aged man.

"Very well ask them, it's rare to see someone camp in this bandit infested area. Either she is strong or they don't know." The middle-aged man responded in a calm tone.

"I will do as commanded, sir" the carriage drove slowly nearer and nearer until even D heard the sound of hooves.

"Seems we got company Raya. Do you think they came to eat my food? How much should i charge them?" He would never give his food for free. Some meat is from lvl 200+ beasts, it isn't easy to get it without him doing the hunting.

"I don't think they want to eat...wel maybe they will ask us after they smell it.. your cooking gets better everytime. Most probably they want to rest with us here for the night, this area is called Bandits lair for a reason." Ohhh BANDITS!? Finally some junio-- I mean how ugly of an occupation!

The xarriage stoped several tens of meters away. The driver descending and walked the last meters to their group.

"This lowly driver is called Burato, could I ask if your adventurers and willing to let us join you for the night? My master and her wive with his two children would be thankfull." Dude stop it. If you ask like that I can't say no. He even bowed! Were are you from the middle-ages? Ohh..

"Yes and if you may want. knowneth this, if thou want to engulge in my superior cooking skills thy shall have to payeth for it!" Was that correct? I don't know how to talk in that old language.

Slap

"What was thst for Raya!?" You can't slap me just like that! People are watching!

"Don't mind him...you will soon know how to ignore it. I just have to say that If your masters family has any problem with how he talks and does things you should look for another place to rest."

Nice save Raya. Bad cop good cop, I know that one!

"Thank you for hospitality, may I know your name?" Before the driver, Burato, could answer a middle-aged man descende the carriage.

Behind him was a women of the same age and two children about 10-12years old, one male the other female.

"This is Raya and I'm D but you can call her beauty and me hun--"

Slap

"What the hell Raya!? It wasn't a lie and neither weird!" As soon as our little two person show ended the middle-aged women began to laugh.

"Dear, I don't think they are bandits or the like. Also to be so calm in this region shows that they are not faced with attacks from bandits." Way to go Ma'am! At least someone understands our play! You still got to pay for food though!

"Good eye women! I may be the nicest bandit you will cross paths with!" Hmm? I really thought there would be a slap incoming? Raya?

"As i said before.... Whatever comes out of his mouth is not worth noting. His only good points are his strenght and cooking skills." Oy I have many more! Like...ye what are my good points?

........

....

...

After some small talk and a feast, which they paid 3 golds for, the sun made space for the moons.

Reminds me of a certain dessert planet just in reverse.

During our talk i got to know thatthey are a merchant family on their way to visit some relatives in the land of Yumur. What did they say their names were? Whatever, not like we will meet them again, right?

--------

Inside my tent Raya looked at my with a feverish gaze. 

"No, there are children here. We can fight some rounds tomorrow after we leave them.." This women isn't easy to satisfy... Wasn't my food good enough?

"Fine...now do you want to get rid of those spying eyes or should I do it?" Women, stop touching my legs....

"Ye need to empty my bowl anyway, see ya in some minutes." I got up and stretched my arms a little. Now let me teach my juniors about the rules.

---------------

Several hundred meters away, 15 bandits were watching the camp of D and the others.

"Yo boss, they did go to sleep, should we go now?" Bandit A asked Bandit Boss with a menacing smile.

"Wait till we have them encircled, our patreon wants to have them alive." Bandit Boss answered.

"That doesn't sound to good, what if they know about the ambush?" A rather tired voice sounded out.

"Hmpf, just follow the orders, we have six level 200 and more people, even if they know. They are just some rats." As theBandit Boss answered thevoce he turned to the origin of the voice, he was meet with a face he didn't know.

"Hmm ya know, for a bandit you really don't understand to get information... I would first let some people get infos on the two who are resting in their tent.....for a fee of 20 golds ypu could biy them from me if you want?"

D was squatting beside the pale faced bandit boss beside him with a hand resting on his chin.

"Y-y-y-, who are you?!??!" It took the boss several seconds to understand that the one beside him wasn't from his group.

"Reaction time gets a C-, could be slower but If I wanted to kill you lot...let's say you were already dead." You don't even know the voicws of your teammates... Are you sure you're a bandit?

"Kill him!!" Yo junior, you should look around you.

"Eh I don't think you have any troops left. Awarness gets an E-... You should really watch out for your surroundings if you lead a troop..." C'mon bro, now I don't even want to be called a nice bandit anymore. Is this really the standart of you all? 

"What?!? Ho-How?!?" 

....

....

Ok, i thought too much, go to sleep.How are these bandits? You are not more than some little weirdos... I will let the 3rd wheels decide your fate...

----------------------

AN: sorrry for the late chapter... Some things happened IRL, i will try to uphold my AN at the top but no promises..... Some people leave some stay... Circle of life and all...

3