Ch.22: I missed you!
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So this are the birds we have to get rid off?" I don't think they are edible sadly..

Who came up with their names anyway? Speed Sparrows? They look like they glitched in reality and a sparrow needs to have wings, right?

They look more like a caterpullar just haning out in the sky..

"Don't underestimate them. They are some troublesome fellows. They may not look like it but if one gets over level 100 even I wouldn't be capable of easily killing them. Well, I don't think they could run from you.."

"So fast? But why call them Sparrows? They don't look like it."

"That's because of their hunting style, it seems they were first called Spearrows but somehow the head of the Continent Guild didn't want to accept the name. I don't know why though."

Well...yeah...

"The best method to kill them would be a mass spell but as we're both close combat clas-- close combat fighters... It's going to be an hassle.you could fly and try to get them but their really hard to hit."

What do you mean close combat fighter? I'm an all around cheat. Hehehehe maybe nows the time to show of my might!

----------

Inside Haria, the citiziens were seeing a dark cloud forming several kilometers outside the city.

"What is that? The thunder season didn't begin yet, right? Snowfall should start in the next 2 months?"

Everybody in the Land of Yumur knew that there is only one storm every year. Shortly before the first snowfall. It doesn't mean that there is no snow before that but the more north the less snow there is overall.

---------------------

"I command thy as the Lightning Lord of Pain. Strike my foes before me, raze the ground and let the world tremble of your divine might! Thunderstorm!!!"

What followed was darkness, in which Lightning was rummbling and striking the earth they stood on. Was it luck or pure coincidence but nobody was in the circle of heavenly punishment.

Well except two people, one who laughed like a maniac and had his arms raised to the heavens. The other pale faced with tears trickling down.

"Do you want to kill us?!?!? Who can even use lightning this way? My last moments, spend with you off all people..."

Raya was already signing her testament in her head when a voice told her something which made her snap.

"Ohh don't worry, I'm immune to lightning and I can even attract it. Nobody except us will have a problem...oh, you don't have immunity to it I would pressume?" With a face that said 'I fked up' he looked at Raya with pity.

"Don't worry, the first time might hurt but after several strikes you will begin to enjoy it!"

Aso soon he said the last sentence he was thrown into the sky, only a voice ressounding in his ears beside the rumblings.

"Than go and be a good lightning rod for all I care!!!"

-------------

"Are you still angry at me? I didn't think about it sorry....It was also my first time using it! You can't be so petty right?"

"Just be quiet please... I don't think I my mentally can take much more of you....what the hell..he can summon lightning clouds..fly..is there anything he can't do?"

As Raya's words became more of whisper at the end, D was onto their next quest.

"Yoo Raya, sorry to interrup. This tree here told me that the one we're looking for was most probably attacked by bandits and taken into the forest. The hideout should be around 50km inwards."

Raya "..... You can talk with trees?!?" 

"Oh I can't talk with them, only with sapient creatures. Wirh sentient ones it is more like a exchange of feelings. Really weird feeling btw."

"I give up...lead the way.."

It has be said that their way to the hideout of the bandits wasn't long.

They heard laughter from a cave from several men.

"Boss, I have to say it was a good idea to listen to big brother. This way we can make easy coins wirhout bloodshed!"

"Yeah! At first I thought we meet our demise but who would have known that he would give us tipps and some rules for us!"

Two bandits were talking loudly with each other when a third one chimed in.

"Sadly he didn't want to lead us...something about a demon king and he is under it's command. Get's one to think about how big the world is. Some rules seem weird on the other hand. That don't kill innocent people, we are still bandits, right?" 

"There is always a bigger fish boss"

As the two people outside heard the voices, the men began to sweat while the wommen starred dagger at him.

"Soo, you didn't exterminate them you rather teach them some rules how to be a bandit? Ohh look, why does my communication token want to write Ana from Baharsta?"

"Wait wait! Please listen to my excuses first oh you wonderful women!" No seriously, I NEED one of those tokens.

"Hmpf, 2 more hours per night and I'm quite, understood?" 

"Ok, everything exceot childmaking is on good for discussion.. I will go and talk to them.. ahh how come my life is always bumby if there are women.."

After getting blackmailed by the beast..ye I will call her beast in my mind from now on. I got inside the cave and had a talk with them.

It was easier than I thought to get the man back... They converted him to a bandit. Yes you read that right. They took him in after they told him about their new rules and conduct of moral..

I don't want to tell that to the beast, no way in hell..

I told the man to just go back, say that he will stop being a merchant and not look for him.

With that the second mission  was over.

I atill have a weird feeling about our 3th one. Well we will be there in some hours so let's just sit back and see.

-------

In a village up in the mountains a winged tiger yawned.

Where is my food? Isn't it about time to feed this one? Let's go out and and see.

"Round them up in the village square!if you're doing you job good I can think about giving you some girls tonight muahahahah!" A bulky dwarf was giving out commands to his underlings. 

If people from the adventure guild were here thy would have know that they were the feared 'Red Moustache' bandits.

The villagers were herded together while the bandits were looting the houses.

"Can't we yell for help from the Divine Tiger? I'm sure he would make them vanish easily! He slew the Icerock Lizard Demonking." One of the older dwarves in the village said to the younger female dwarve.

"I don't think so, it may not attack us but helping us would be not likely. It seems to wait for something and our village is just a place for it to rest..."

She was the one who know the tiger the best. No one dared to approach it except her. After several days she understood that it was just...lazy.

"So our village is doomed, I'm sorry everyone" 

After the old dwarve spoke the dounger dwarves had fury in their eyes. Just what could they do..

Unknow to all of them except thw young female dwarve, a majestic tiger with wings was slowly catwalking towards them. The bandits didn't hear it because it was so quiet while walking. If aynbody of thwm just would turn their heads around.

"Hmm this girl looks nice, you will now have the honor to warm my bad kakakakaka" the bandit boss walked, unluckily, towards the female dwarve who brought the food to Pet#1 all the time.

*Hmmm does she look so sad? Are these maybe those legendary 'bad people'?!? Master told me once there are some kind of humanoids who kill and rob for fun. 

Are these those? Let me ask her

RoAR???

Wait a minute... I can't understand her, how should we even communicate with each other? Hmmm

While Pet#1 was in his thoughts about the barrier language, the bandits and the villagers had two kinds of reaction.

The first group gulped their saliva down from the over 15m big tiger, the second were all smiling happily.

But how should they let it know what is happening? That was when a male voice came behind the tiger.

"I knew that somwthing was off when we accepted the quest. Pet#1 what are you doing here? If I even hear one bad thing about you, trust me, it won't end with a trip to the otherside of the continent." 

ROOAAR "Master I missed you!"

-------------------------

This may be all for today, I wrote the next chapter already but it's only 600ish words long. A filler to boot. Well there are some last infos about the upcoming battles but yeah..mostly cuddle time with little cat here.

Will make it a bit longer tomorrow and upload some more.

Till next time on adventure with a weirdo


1