Ch.24: Becoming famous
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the west gate of Haria were many people looking dumbfounded at the big tiger just resting there. 

When the first people came to the city in the morning, most did a 180° and wanted to run for their lives.

It wasn't until some spotted a guard corps just standing near it. That's when people also saw a men and a women making food beside it.

Slowly even people from inside Haria came out just to get a close look at that mighty being and the weird couple just chilling there. The guards were there to not let people to near to them.

Inside the city lords building, a meeting was held for the x-time about the attraction outside.

"Did King Immael send any news yet?" City Lord Smasher didn't sleep the whole night since the duo came back with the tiger.

"No..but we got into contact with the city lord Even from Baharsta. He said if we want a intact city we should give them food" A subordinate told him some good news at last.

"Go to the stall owners, tell them to open up shops outside the east gate for the day.. we will give them 2 gold coins for a reward. Also get three guard troops to help them out and watch over everything."

"Yes City Lord, should we also warn the civilians inside the city? There will be more and more  people who want to see that tiger."

Smasher pondered for some seconds before speaking. 

"Yes, I think that would be for the best.."

---------

"Wait, you can give out system missions with rewards?"

"Ye, I don't know what the limit is but I know that i can't change some.missions or give too weird ones"

RoaAr?

"Ye, foods almost ready."

As the weirdo trio, named by the curios onlooker, were having a little barbecue and smalltalk. A guard was walking towards them with his eyes never leaving the tiger.

"Excuse me, I have a message from our City Lord for you." The guard wasn't bad, he may be cautios but there wasn't any fear in his voice.

"Hm ugu mgugu hmgu" 

The guard: ........

"I think he wanted to say: Ohh was about time." Thanks Raya! Savior as always!

"I see... Very well. He wanted to deliver some things for you to use, is it good if I just drop them off here? Also they will build some stalls around the gate for you to..enjoy the food if you'd like."

"Hggg gmhg fhgmer gmsh, gmekt gmhmf!"

 

The guard looked at Raya with anticipation to translate. Meanwhile she looked with a unfriendly smile at D.

"He said: I'm a big dumbass who can't swallow first before speaking, he would like to annul his mission reward to and-"

"Oj I never said that!" Seriously what the hell!

"Ohh now you can speak without a mouth full of greasy meat?!" 

Not good, she is still angry for that bandit thing and Pet#1 coming back with us....

"You can just drop them here, as for the food stalls.. say thanks to the city lord but as I am a poor homeless person i can't even afford to feed my cat here..."

Well it's not untrue, I still cound't get my rewards from the missions we've done. 

"City lord Smasher said that it isn't a problem.. he will sponsor the stall owners for today. So to say, the food for everyone here will be free as long as they have some to sell"

Ohhh nice one City Lord! I promise not to demolish your city! Pinky promise even. Just one little thing..

"For everyone? Like EVERYONE everyone or just all people?" Got to make sure hehehehehe.

"Ehm I don't know how you mean that but he said everyone can eat here free of charge. Also the civilians... As I've done my duty please excuse my departing." With a low bow he walked away... Backwards with his eyes on little Pet#1...

I think i need to change his name... It's slowly getting weird to call him likw that. Raya would know some good names probably.. 

A certain tiger meanwhile, Why do i have a bad feeling?

Soon dozens of people were storming out the gates to build a makeshift food stall street. Just it wasn't just food stall streets, there were stalls where you could play Whack-a-Mole and many more things. A elderly women even came to ask, with trembling legs, for a picture with the tiger.

For a fantasy world the things they invented really weren't that magical.

-----------

Several kilometers outside the east gate, a group of adventurers made their way to their destination.

A group of 5, among them a dwarven male, two humans of which one was female the other male, a beastgirl and a male elve. A weird make-up for an adventurer group in the Ice Lands.

"Are you sure the information you got is right? You should know that if you lie to me again just to woe me, I will leave this party for real." The beastgirl looked at the dwarve with a hint of anger.

"No seriously Miauwa! You should know that I come from a little mountain village in this regIon. Last week I got a medsage from my big sister that she looks after a winged tiger, A DIVINE TIGER! I don't think she will joke about that..." 

The male Elve walked between the two of them and said "You never know Hamlut, how long was it ago that your sister last saw you? Maybe she just wants you to come and visit her."

"Hmpf, we will see it after tomorrow. First let's get some good sleep in Haria. We're almost...there?" The female human chimed in with a suprised high pitch at the end.

Is a festival in Haria at the moment? What's with all these stalls? There is even a ferryweel..."

The neared they came to the stalls, the more they thought what festival this could even be? Some kind of food whorship? Their wonder lastet till two children ran beside them, when thwy heard it all eyes instantly draw to Hamlut.

The right child said to the left one "Hehehe the fur of that tiger was soooo soooft, I don't think we will ever touch something so smooth again!" 

"Let's go back! We will train hard so we can become as Uncle D, than we will go and tame one ourself!"

......

...

"Didn't you say the tiger was in the mountains? No better question, wouldn't a winged tiger be a menace to the city? And who is this 'Uncle D?'"

Hamlut couldn't answer Miauwe.. How should he know?

As the group was still somewhat dumbfounded they saw a winged tiger lying on the side of the road just eating without a care. 

What struck them dumb was, that on that tiger several children were crawling about and giggeling.

"Ehm are you sure that is the bloodline of your ancestor, Miauwe? It is humongous but why does it look so docile?" Before she could answer her human boss, Wind Blade Julia, an old lady walked toward them with a smile.

"I see you are as shocked as all others who see it for the first time! Do you want to take a picture with it? If you want you could even pay to touch his fur! But be warned don't do something stupid. Even if it's the pet of 'The Eating Calamity' Adventurer D. It's still a sapient creature." 

"WHO DARES TO TAME MY ANCESTORS BLOODLINE!! I WILL SHO--mghm mhmpf"  Sadly Julia was one step to late to shut her companion up.

When they walked here the first the she has done was to check up if it's a real winged tiger or just some beast who was transformed with magic.

As soon as she saw the level of it and the name, she had only one thought. Who has such a naming sense and what the hell is his level. Sadly her thoughts were interrupted by Miauwe screaming.

That's when the tiger looked up and wanted to growl, who dared to scream so loud beside it?!?

That's when a black haired male with an annoyed face walked towards them "If you move one bit and a child falls down...There will be tiger stew this evening, alright? And for you lot...I believe it's best to leave if you don't want to interrupt my money makig."

-------

AN: sorry for the late chapter, was busy

1