Ch.25: Change
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guards were already encircling the group of 5. The adults took their children and fled far away.

"What did you think will happen Miauwe...I don't think this will end with just a fine, right?" Julia sighed when she saw how fast it all happened.

The guards from within the city wouldn't just encircle them so fast if the other party was just a nobody.

Before the guard who speak with D and Raya could answer them, a flat monotone voice rang in the ears.

"Hoo, you made my bussiness go down the drain. Made my ears hurt and that of Pet#1. Within all reasons, your penalty should be death"

The guards faces began to pale within seconds when they heard these sentences. If this man really wanted to go on a killing spree, who could stop him?

They were shortly briefed about what kind of existence he was. His level should at least be in the 8-900s!

Julia's party, except herself, had a frown on their faces. Especially the dwarve Humlet, he couldn't resist to retort.

"And that means you could give us death sentences? Not even city lords could do that. If you want a fight, I will gladly have one with you!"

"Ohh a dwarve, I learned how you greet each other here. Let's do a little introduction." D walked with heavy steps towards Humlet before speaking again.

"Hi, my name is--" when an angry voice was heard from afar.

"5 minutes!! I leave you alone for 5 minutes and people are running for their lives! What did you do this time?!?"

As Raya was getting some food to cook for the two gluttons she saw a mass panic breaking out. She didn't have to think twice where the root of the problem was.

When Raya was in sight, all 3 parties had a different face.

The guards heaved a sigh of relief.

The adventurer group looked shocked.

And D's face began to warp in a sad look.

"Rayyaa help me out here! They just came here, screamed at me and poor Pet#1, demanding my head and wanting to enslave him! I couldn't stop them but luckily these fine guards were fast enough to intervere!" D's brain was running on Gear 10, sadly it didn't calculate many things it should have done.

As bloodlust was slowly projected from Raya she said to D.

"Ohhh heheheh really, is that so.... Say my dear poor weak companion. It wouldn't be that the beastgirl over there saw Little White. Got to know that it's a pet and had an outrage? Also you surerly didn't became enraged because people fleed and you can't make easy money anymore...right? My dear poor weak companion?"

"How?!? My story and acting was perfect!? You are also one of the demon kings right?!?"

"Hehehe a beating it is, if you move...I will tell Ana, you know?"

D's face crumbled with that last sentence from her. He may very well accept it...not like its going to hurt..that much.

As the one sided beating began the guards just looked at each other, nodded and left.

......

...

After several minutes of beating and a scolding. Which included a name change for Pet#1 to Little White, Raya turned to the group of adventurers looking at her dumbfounded.

"Now what would my dear little sister be doing here? If you don't have a good reason I will let you experience what pain means."

Weirdly enough, Raya didn't look at Miauwe. Instead she looked at Julia with a judging gaze.

"Y-Y-You should be in the Human Highlands?!? Why qre you here? Did nephew Even lie to me..." Julia responded somehow unbelievable. Even did tell her that Raya was doing a mission in the Volskya Empire..

"Since when do I need to report to anyone from you? Ehh? Did you get cocky after me nnot being around?!"

D, crawling out of the pothole he was beaten into, was looking at Raya with fear. I knew it! She is a demon king!

"I-I-I would never big sis! We heard from Helmut that there should be a winged tiger in this region. You should know about sister Miauwe and her clan circumstances... They look for one since 150 years ago."

Julia knew that one false word or sentence may very well spell doom to her. 

"Hmpf, here you go. That's the one. Now go back home and be a good little sister."

After Raya pointed at Little White, she went to D and draged him towards their resting place to pack up.

Miauwe looked at the man being dragged and thought to herself that she should battle him to release their ancestors.

Before she could speak though, Julia put a hand on her shoulder, shaking her head.

When the group of 5 were still looking at each other with wry smiles, Raya was talking to D.

"Say, do you want to try something about the quests? Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to get somw detailed infos?"

"Ehh, don't talk so slow...I dis think you want to threaten me again to make children with you....ok don't stare so menancingly. What is it?"

It already happened several times, when D made mistakes or better said did his antics. Raya would request to "do somwthing" from him so she wouldn't tell Ana. Luckily he could always save the situation somehow.

"That beastgirl there is of the Bakeyo Clan. Somehow they can't get over lvl 199 if they aren't blessed by a white tiger, their ancestor. If this works you could maybe give me a quest too. I can't get lvl 500 and I don't rhink its because of the last class evolution. It's hard to get it but not impossible."

"So our dear Raya wants to use a maiden in need to know if she can cheat her way around a milestone... Why does it feel like something a backseat gamer would do? So what's in for me? If it isn't something good forget it"

"How about..."

While two devils were planning to do things one shouldn't do. The party of Julia wanted to get into the city and cheer up Miauwe. Especially the dwarve Humlet.

"We will find another way, I don't think that there isn't one." The one talking was the human male, which was silent till now.

Humlet squeezed in too "See even our mute accesoir say so! Cheer up. At least we know that there are still some winged tigers out there." 

With the head hanged low Miauwe wanted to respond before a voice cut in from afar.

"Yoo girl, do you want to make a trade with the devil?"

......

....

...

After the party discussed everything with Raya and D, the experiments began.

It was positive that he could just think of the reward first and go through  possible quests.

D set the reward to a skill, Bloodline Breaker. 

The problem was tew thought process of a certain someone...

Doing 100 push ups, not accepted. Running 82641km? Not accepted. Fighting a mole, not accepted.

It wasn't until Raya asked how it was going along that she understood something... She shouldn't let have him plan it.

With the help of Raya, a quest soon appeared on Miauwe's status.

Side Quest: Survive from a Winged Tiger for 10minutes without help

Reward: Bloodline Breaker skill

Punishment: Lvl lock (T-500d)


It seemed the higher/specific the reward was. The more detailed and harder the quest must be. The punishment was random.

"So are you ready? You know that he is lvl 534, right? Don't come and cry to me after" D looked at the beastgirl with some pity.

It has said to survive 10min without help. But for having to survive in ot means a death situation has to ocur. Wouldn't be survive otherwise.

"Yes! Even If i die, I thank you for this chance!" That's the spirit catgirl! Good luck though...

"I play Little White in attack mode, go get her!"

Some people were still left outside the east gate and removing the stalls and everything else. When they saw one of the adventurers who made this day shorter being hunted by the tiger, they felt pity.

Raya was smart enough and tell the guards that it's a punishment which she, Miauwe, accepted. 

On the other hand, D had some plans.

After one minute he ordered Littöe White to bite her arm... The second minute the other one was left mangled.

Don't forget that Little White could swallow her whole. He need precise moving to 'just' mangling it.

The onlookers were pale faced. What kind of demon was this man? Was he the same which smiled and even helped the children climb his tiger?

At the 5 minute mark he ordered to let her experience the Padmé treatment. Blood gushed out of back, making her and the place she ran over red.

"I-I-Is this really necessary? Stop your pet, she will die for real if this continues!" Humlet, was kneeling beside D with tears in his eyes. 

How could someone be so cruel with good intentions?

"Hmm? But were getting to the fun part.. stil some left..Ohh she tripped. Little White, rip her apart!"

As this sentence fell, even Raya looked at D with wonder.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing or is this a petty revenge? Don't make me dislike you." She never saw him this weird. It seemed it all began when her sister and her party came?

"Petty revenge? If you think this is cruel, I don't know how you lived your life. Also, revenge is a meal best served cold"

Why did she think that something was off about him? 

As she watched how nearer to death the beastgirl came, she readied her shield.

*That's enough Little White! As for you lot, go and treat her wounds. Else she may be really dead soon" D turned around and walked away with a stern face. Nobody knew what he was thinking about.

"Let's go Raya.. we have something up"

In D's mind he again looked at his quests.... When and why did it happen, big sis?

------------

AN: 4 chapters to go till the end of the arc. The slaughter shall commence soon

1