Ch.26:
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Miauwe woke up the first thing she wanted to do was thank her benefactor. It took Julia some explanation to get her to understand that their group was gone.

Miauwe sighed and still bowed in the direction they left. That's why she didn't saw the worried face on Julia. 

Julia had only one thought, why did her sister look that worried?

-----------

The journey was silent for the trio. Weirdly silent.

D just sat on Little White saying nothing. Raya wanted to ask some question but she couldn't. 

Even though they weren't together that long. She somehow got to knew her companion.

He was the most easy going person she ever meet. He made stupid antics to break the ice. Was a food lover and said what he thought. Overall he wasn't a person to have a stern face or be silent for more than ten minutes. 

So why was he like that? She feared that their time together will soon come to an end..

The one who she was thinking about was with his mind at two things. First the quest he could give Raya for a present and the second to control his rage. He knew that the feeling of hate wasn't good.

He didn't even know who to hate exactly... what to do on the other hand was as easy as it was hard. He didn't like it but if it's necessary to get his answers, just do it.

Some hundred meters before them, an armored couple of dwarves appeared. D did a quick glance and use Identify, he had a feeling that time to part was here shortly.

Ohh King Immael, eh? Lvl 891, not bad. The other one is called Whuskey? Let's play one last time here.. sorry Raya.

Meanwhile the dwarve called Whuskey looked at Immael and said "That is the Blood Guardian and that should be D."

"You know that I'm not blind yet, right? Weird...I feel a menancing aura full of hatred from him... It's subtle but still there."

Immael was a bit worried, that worry would soon go out though, because the man called him out from afar.

"Yoo finally someone who knows how to treat his guests! Good upringing there King Immael! I hope you also got some presents for me?" 

Raya and Whuskey almost tripped when they heard that. He wanted presents?!

"Hahahaha, glad to hear that. As for presents, do you drink mead and ale? I got some good stuff you know."

"Ohh that sounds good to me. Just be prepared, I could drink 10 dwarves under the table at the moment."

King Immael looked at Whuskey and Raya before saying to them "Leave us alone for some time, we need to catch up for old times sake hahahahah"

"Mhm, I'm just said our old friends can't be here. The two uf us should suffice though!"

Whuskey's thoughts were simple, his King knew that man? But that shouldn't be possible?

Raya on the other hand was happy to see D somehow normal again. She took Little White and left some distance and began a barbecue.

--------

"Here! Be warned, that is Firespit Ale and that ones Ice Dragon mead. Some strong ones but I think you need it."

King Immael took out several barrels of them and put them on the ground.

"Thanks bud, so what do you mean I need it. I'm not an alcoholic, I like to drink sometimes but needing would be the wrong word for that." D was sure that the dwarve before him didn't knew about the incoming "war".

" Let's drink some first! I don't know why but if I were too long with the you at the moment I will probably go on a rampage. Some skill you got?"

King Immael handed a big mug to D and filled it with Firespit.

"Phaaa good stuff! I think it was a achievment not a skill.. is it really that bad?" D refilled his mug and took another swing.

"Right? I came up with it myself, the others just don't hit the right spot. Bad? No, most people wouldn't see or feel it. I was just alive long enough to see those little details. But I would say if you were in a crowed of normal people as you are now... Some would be going crazy." 

"I see.. So should we get straight to the point or drink some more first?" Refilling his and Immaels mug he took another swing.

"Pahahaha, I like you. Let's drink it all! I even took some more without Thyrol knowing. That bastard just doesn't give me enough" 

"It seems the likes of us will be slaves to our desires ehh..."

For 6 hours, laughter and cheering was heard from the duo in the distance. Whuskey even began to think that they really knew each other from old times.

Raya denied it, she knew that it wasn't possible. She was glad to see him happy even though she would have liked to join them.

---------

"Hikks, sha low D, Ey blink, hikks, wiu shwosh shtohp hir. Hiiks."

"Tzz,  I told you I could drink ten dwarves under the table at the moment. Sadly, I don't have enough time left.." sighing to himself D looked up in the direction of Little White and Raya.

King Immael sobered up a little after hearing his words.

"I'm thankfull to have meet someone like you. As for what you've told me... I think your big sister wasn't the reason for the change. I may not know her but after all you said. I think she is just like us. Encircled by others but still lonely.."

"Eh that's one nice ability there, many drunks would love that... Yeah you're right. Her family still had their hands in it though. This description is just to detailed. So about Little White and Raya, is it ok?"

If some things did hold him back at the moment, it would be those two. There were also others like his first friends in Baharsta or that one food stall owner in Haria. Who made it a little extra spicy those few times he did go there to eat.

"Sure but you really don't want to see them one last time? You should know that ascending will be much harder after you're done?"

D just smiled back at the red faced dwarve and put his hand out for a shake.

"Nah she will understand when she reads her new quests...as for Little White... That big scaredy cat will work it out somehow"

Immael took D's hand and shaked it. "Very well, may you not be consumned by hatred when you find out the truth ol pal... And thanks for saving our lives. Even if you have to kill your way through.."

D took of and flew to his first destination, the Dragon Continent, to begin his bloody path.

Raya while sitting at the bonfire, shed some tears. You could call it a womens sixth sense. When she heard two *Ding* in her head and saw the context, she knew that they may never see each other again.

While patting Little White she spoke softly "Not even saying goodbye... Just you wait, I will let you pay child support sometime in the future.."

With that, the whole continent of the World Tree was saved and only few knew it.

-----------

AN: i did try to write this chapter as jokingly as i can.. really hard ya know.

For those interested. With some spoilers, here what/when the comedy  factor gets back . Be warned, spoilers about end of arc

Spoiler

he will be back to 'normal' after letting his rage out on the 4 families in the Inhertance domain. It's 4  VERY LONG ( first one has almost 10k words...) chapters and at least 2 side chapters PoV. 

[collapse]
0