Ch.27: Dragons Continent demise
62 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An: I did split the chapters... This is the longest one because I needed to get some background info in it. First I wanted to do them all in one but yeah... 10k words were too much for one chapter.

Part 1

---------------------------

While D was flying over the ocean he read his quest again and again. He wanted to make sure that what was about to come, wasn't a mistake. 

Main Quest: Betrayal and  Destruction

Info: The War of Inhertance was set aside by the five families in the Higher Domain. The Rya family head wanted to extuingish something born which shouldn't exist anymore. For that he gave up the rights to the land and asked the other families to eridicate the continent. 

Let those puny beings know what it means to stand in the way of a real deity, destroy the 4 continents and the link to the higher domain, so they never can set foot into these lands.

Perk: level lock

Reward: instantly ascend to the Higher Domain, access to the Motherboard, re-adjustment of titles and achievments

Punishment: Not possible  $@$ERROR$@$


That was the reason for all of it, why he had to leave, why his emotion got the better of him.

Luckily he meet Immael, it was an enjoyable time with him, as short as it was. 

------------------

On the Dragon Continents military headquartee sever strong looking  beastmen and faes were disscusing the upcoming battle. From their point of view it shouldn't have been called that. 

It was unprecendet that four continents joined together to wage war on the last. It was told from the higher ups but it was still weird for them.

"How long till we can send our first troops out for the first wave? The sooner we get this over with, we can lay back and be happy for some centuries." With a casual tone the big boss of the continent, Dragon Ligma said.

"About 10 days till Operation Delete can begin. But Sir what about the phenomen on the other continent? It was said that he should be around Deity level." The Fae in charge of information was a little skeptical.

In the Higher Domain, level isn't the norm to look at strenght. It was Combat Power. Because there are known beings to have either a too high level for their CP or one too low for it. There was once a slime which was lvl 1 but was Higher Being.

So the Higher Domain made a list of stages

Mortal- CP from 0-10'000

Shedding Stage -10k-80k

Ascending Stage - 80k- 200k

Deity Stage 200k - 10M (10'000'000)

Higher Being 10M - 50M

Sovereign 50M -100M

Creation Stage was everything above 100M CP

A being in the Deity stage could be weak or strong but they all had in common that they had abilities which transcended mortals. Like flying or telekineses and such.

A Higher Being would be a Lord of a Domain which could influence the system to a certain point. They could wipe out a Lesser Domain.

Sovereign were beings who didn't need to look after the law of the universe anymore. They could travel through space but not time. Like the 5 Elements founder.

Creation Stage was only told in legends. It was told with one thought of such a being the whole Higher Domain would shake. Luckily there aren't any known alive today. The system they had was invented by one.

"Hmpf, as if I care about any Deity Stage weakling. I'm only a step away to be a Higher Being. We were told that he wasn't even alive 2000 years ago, how strong could he be. Also, it isn't only CP who is needed to get up in the hierarchy. I will not believe that some puny living thing from a lower domain has the ability to influence the system."

His words made the Fae sigh inwardly. They were send down here to oversee and if needed to take part in this mission. Somehow he just had a bad feeling, that something wasn't said or even worse..that something was wrong which even the Sovereigns didn't know.

As the Fae was still thinking a lizardmen came in to report "My Lord...there is a being flying towards the west side of the continent. Alpha base wants your instruction."

Dragon Ligma just looked at the lizardmen in annoyance and told him.  "Do you need instruction to wipe your ass too? Just kill whatever it is, everything not belonging to our continent shall be dealt with!"

"Yes my Lord" with that the lizardmen bowed and left.

If Dragon Ligma only knew....what was about to come would be the nightmare of his now short life.

--------------

Alpha Base at the western coast of the Dragon Continent.

"We got confirmation to kill whatwvwr is flying towards us, sir" A lizardwomen was reporting to the basis captain.

After a while of thinking the Fae in charge said "Send out Flying Squad Terror, no need to make it too long" 

Flying Squad Terror was the codename of an elite team made out of Ascending Stage faes and a dragon in the lower Deity Stage as leader.

It was the strongest squad available for air battles in the base here.

In the quarters of the Terror Squad the dragon in charge barged in.

"Get up you grunts, we got a job to do. Seems something is flying to our continent. A little warm up before the massacre hahahah."

The Faes hearing him got up and without a word armored themself. They took pride in their strenght and swiftness. They may not be the strongest squad on the continent but still up there with the best.

.....

....

As they flew out and got nearer to the unknown flying object they saw that it was... a human?

"Identify him Sergei! Hmpf, a human flying so far out should be a strong mage, better be save here" the dragon shouted to one of his subordinates.

Sergei, the Fae in charge of scouting froze mid-air when he heard that command.

"Captain we need to ru-"

Sadly it was to late, as their blood fell down into the ocean below them the human passed where they were before their deaths. Only a little whisper was heard from him.

"This will be one short lived negotiation here..."

----------------------------------------------

Part 2

-------------------------------------------------

Alpha Base in the Watchtower

The fae watching Terror Squad flying away had a smug face on. This should be over soon was his thought. He was right but when he saw what happened made his eyes almost pop out.

"Th-Th-This can't be. RED ALARM RED ALARM!!" As soon as he came back he quickly pushed some buttons and screamed at the top of his lungs.

As the siren in the base was going off. In the office of the captain all people within had a look of shock.

"What? Does Terror Squad need reinforcment? Get all units up and prepare to engage!" Before the soldier could even move to give out the command, another one ran in.

"Sir th-the Terror Squad the-they were wiped out!"

As if the siren ranging in their heads wasn't enough, the message this soldier brought made them weak in their knees.

THAT Terror Squad? Wiped out? Let alone they being KIA, they left not even a minute ago!

The captain of Alpha Base stood up and ran outside the base with all soldiers already standing in line.

"Report, how did it happen?!"

The fae who saw what he thought is a dream reported to his office truthfully.

With every word he could stutter out the faces of all people got paler and paler.

After finishing hearin the whole thing thw captain immediately yelled at another fae "GO AND MAKE A REPORT TO HQ ASAP!"

"Sorry can't let you do that, wouldn't be a suprise visit if somebody knows right?" A sarcastic voice above them made them shiver to their core.

When the captain saw the newcomer, he instantly used Identify to get some information. Instead of information he wanted to get, he lost all hope of living any longer.

"So this is the dragon continent, why does it look so military here? Whatever, I don't think somebody of you lot got the infos I want. First one to tell me the direction of this 'HQ' he yelled about gets a free living pass" 

If anybody who knew D was here they would think that this was a clone or a twin of him. No emotions were seen in his eyes.

The quickest of the soldiers was the fae who watched it all happen. His voice was almost instantly out after hearing 'living pass'.

"To the capital! The HQ is in the capital! It's all they way in the centre of the continent!" When the other heard him reply that fast all began to run.

It was futile, how could anyone of them run. D just made some grabbing motions in the air and like the Terror Squad, they became puddles of blood.

"Thanks, you're a lucky one" with that said he flew inwards to get his answers.

After several minutes or hours, the fae who survived this disaster was stuttering to himself.

"H-Higher B-Bei-Beign, he-he's a Higher Beign, all will die all will die." Sadly no one was there to receive these important informations.

-----------

At the HQ on the Dragon Continent, Dragon Ligma was enjoying his free time. After this mission he will be granted access to the inhertance of their family. Maybe he will have the chance to reach the Sovereign stage if he's luck enough to get the a core inhertance.

His dream was soon interupted by a report. Alpha Base has probably fallen, no response from them since their last comm.

Dragon Ligma's mood instantly got bad. "Useless all of you! Wasn't there one of your oh so prided squads stationed there?" He looked to the right at the king of this place.

"Y-Yes, I will immediately go and let people investigate it!" As soon as he ended his sentence the king leaved(fled) from this place.

"Hmpf, go and investigate it Bolls. I want a report within 40 hours and the head of the one who did it."

A dragon on the side opened his eyes and nodded before vanishing into darkness. He was Bolls, Ligma's right hand man.

-------------

The King made his way to the communication central of the continent. If this isn't done soon, the descender will probably kill them all himself.

As he made his way into the building he got to the Chief of investigation and asked him in a sombre tone.

"What did happen? Let the nearest bases send a squad to investigate asap!"

The fae he talked to had an ugly look, should he say the bad news first? Or the somehow good news?

"My King... Alpha Base was the first one to stop communicating with us... We lost contact with 28 bases till now.."

As soon as the king heard it his face grew angry " You what?!? How is this even possible! The next base should be more than 10hours away from the one next to it! It wasn't even 2 hours since we got the last report from Alpha Base!" 

"We don't know but there is something we can tell with certainty..." The fae gulped and didn't dare to continue. When he saw the map and the bases which were destroyed he had a real bad feeling.

"And what? That you lot are useless?!? If we can't report to Lord Ligma he will chop us up!" Being a king in wartime was to bad for his heart but when he heard the next sentence he almost jumped up.

"Whatever is doing this...it's aim is the capital...sometimes bases we lost contact with were outside of path but.. it's almost a straight line to us" 

"What?!"

As the king almost got even sooner burial than expected somewhere outside two beings meet.

---------

Dragon Bolls was looking at the human hoovering before him with interested. He didn't have Identify but still knew that the one before him was strong.

"So you are the reason for my lieges bad mood. Are you prepared to die?"

D seized the black dragon in front of him up and down. Should count as a little exercise, right?

Getting no answer from D, Boll was enraged "Are you mute human? Or did you just now understand how puny you are?!"

He made himself sound bigger than his enemy, psychological warfare.

"Ohh sorry lizard, I was just thinking about having a meal. You look somehow edible, maybe with little spices?"

Before Boll could even answer he had a soaring pain on his back. With shock in his eyes he saw the human with wings...his wings in its hands.

"Those would be probably taste like leather, we don't need those. Ohh I thought about it! How about hot dragon pot!"

An hour later D was slurping on some leftover soup and rubbed his belly.

"Mhm not bad, if that was a subordinate, how much better will the one in charge taste!"

-----------------------------------------

Part 3, End of Dragon Continent

---------------------------------------

D was leisurly flying towards the capital which was in his sight. After killing that many livin beings he somewhat calmed down. What was life worth? There was just no answer to it. He swore to himself that after this is over he would be going back to his sheningans.

He may have never heard the cries of all whom he had killed but the terror and fear in their eyes, their hope for keep on living. He saw it all.

"So this is where it ends, eh. Well thw first part but if I get what i want...a faster approach will be good enough."

When he came into the sight of the capital, Dragooon, the sirens didn't go off. Every soldier was already positioned and the Ligma was hoovering in the air with cold eyes.

"Human, did you kill Bolls? I will let you wish for death because of that!"

Ligma and Bolls were good friends, after Ligma made his way to a Chief Commander, he choose Bolls to be his second in command.

"Hmm? Was it a black lizard? He was not bad! The flesh was a bit stretchy but the taste was good, do you have more of them? You alone will maybe suffice for a week."

As if a thunderbolt struck down the whole city trembled. When a Deity as strong as Ligma didn't watch out for his surroundings, things would get nasty in lower Domains.

Ligma growled in angered and transformed into his dragon form "You all stay back, I will kill him myself!" 

"Are you shizophrenic talking food? Who should stand back?"

The dragon form Ligma didn't understand at first what the human meant but when his eyes searched his surroundings he was buffled.

Where was the city? His minions? It was just a desert. As dumb as he was he knew something was up and looked at the human in front of him, almost asking with a quivering voice.

"Y-you are a Higher Being?!? Impossible lower Domains can't withold the influence of one!" There was only one thing running through his mind. He must be dreaming. This was a nightmare!

"Hmm, it seems you call those who can use the laws with their will and some minimum function of the system as such. Sorry to say but I don't know and neither do I care. All i want is answers. So I'm going to ask, and you will answer."

.....

...

..

After some scenes which could only be described as gore, D had somw of his question answered.

How the Higher Domain had several Families and Clans who ruled it. The level system which they used and such.

The thing he wanted to know the most, couldn't be answered by his meal sadly. If Aurora had anything to do with what was happening.

As he looked at his quest, he saw that it still wasn't updated. Did he really had to kill every sapient being on this continent? Wasn't those hundreds of thousand lives not enough? As if to answer his thoughts a white dragon appeared on the horizon.

As it drew nearer D thought that another one would deliver itself to be a meal. Funny enough, as soon as the dragon landed it transformed into a old lady in white clothes and began to speak.

"This is the first time we meet face to face, my name is Quanea. Maybe you heard of these old bones? The spices you got from Sylf were a present of mine...I hope you like them"

D was a little suprised, shouldn't she be in the World Tree continent? 

"Ohh yeah thanks for that... Seems I can't make you in a meal.. sad..so what do you want here?"

She couldn't stop her eyelids from twitching when she heard that. At least it wasn't as bad as Immael told her.

"Not much.. I'm glad I got here before you destroyed the whole continent. Immael told me your quest was to cut of the connection to the Higher Domain, right?"

Ohh so it was that drunkyard of a dwarve.. it's understandable that they have a little community of their own.

"Yeah, so I pressume you know where it is here? If not I can only let this landmass vanish... Including you..."

Sweat began to form on her head when she heard him talk...how's that a bit unstable Immael? We will need to talk after this.

"Yes, to cut it you need to find the source of summoning. It's either a stone or a pearl in most cases. Can I ask you something before I tell you the location?" She was once send some instruction about the War of Inhertance when she hit lvl 800. She just couldn't believe that all the creatures living on her continent should be dealt with.

"Hmm? Probably the same as Immael right? He didn't believe it at first too...yeah he told you the truth probably. For killing me the 5 families made a pact to eridicate the World Tree continent. Are you happy now?"

"Y-yes...follow me, I will show you the place and tell you the locations of the other ones on the 3 continents left..."

With that said, she transformed back into her dragon form and flew away. D packed up and followed her to a cave just several kilometers away.

"This is it, the other ones are also just beside the capital cities of the continent.not more than 50km away..."

Quanea took one last peek at D and began to fly away, her last words to him were "I hope you can get back to being the 'Eating Calamity' soon..farewell"

D was standing still for several seconds, looking into thw horizon where she flew off.

"Yeah...I hope so too"

Shortly after he destroyed the pearl and began his journey to the next continent, Phoenix Island. An old earth dragon walked slowly to where once the capital was.

"I told them...this old bones may not fight anymore and are useless...but Creator Hariam told me himself what were about to come. Still nobody believed me..now even this Domain is lost.. how sad"

Even if any of the current Sovereigns of the 5 families were here. They wouldn't know who that dragon was. But legends told that in the Domain of Inheritance the ancestors are still alive.

-----------------------------------------

AN:  Next chapter will be up tomorrow, maybe we will see a real fight for the first time?

0