Chapter 14: The Tournament Part 3: Guncaster Vs Sage
139 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14: The Tournament Part 3: Guncaster Vs Sage

Time was not on their side as the day was finally starting to show signs of fading, the afternoon sun had come and now the crowd was even more tense than before. The previous match was so epic and legendary that they were too shocked to mention anything about it. The adventurers and mercenaries who watched this with keen eyes could openly say that Green was the type of being who could climb up the Guild’s ranks and immediately sit amongst those at the top. As for those at the said top who were watching this they were rather perplexed at how a child who was inept in magic and physical ability had reached this stage.

“Alright. Who the hell is the teacher who trained these kids?!”

“A teacher by the name of Hoshikawa Sae”

“Wait Hoshikawa Sae…….that Hoshikawa Sae?!”

“Hold on what the hell are you talking about?”

“Hoshikawa Sae is the one who defeated the Demon King’s Former Deva King Stolas of The Flame, even in dragon form!”

“Ah…”

“Ah…”

“Ah…”

“Ah…”

“Ah…”

“Ah…”

“She’s also the one who personally trained the Hero in magic and is called Master by her for some unknown reason”

“I think I might want to be trained by someone like her”

“I don’t think she’ll accept an old man like you”

“OH C’MON!”

The strength of her students were on par of champions, it was now obvious that all the training she made them do was the result of this, superhuman beings called heroes. She was able to fully awaken beings with no power whatsoever and turn them into heroes no wonder the Hero that came here was already strong but will her students be able to defeat one who the hero taught personally? It was a question that stood in the hearts and minds of people, civilian, teacher and adventurer alike.

“Well it is proven now that her students have far much more strength than the entire academy combined”(Class D teacher)

“Not all”(Class B teacher)

“What do you mean”(Class E teacher)

“There might be those who are lower than that mage we say is a genius in her own time taught by the Hero who was taught by her”(Class C teacher)

“So she is now what?”(Class D teacher)

“A Sage”(Class B teacher)

“A legendary title?!”(Class E teacher)

“Yes that is indeed surprising but let us just assume that she is going to meet someone who is far stronger today as we keep on seeing surprises”(Matt-kun)

“Sigh I am tired of seeing monsters fight each other just now we saw a battle on par with two legendary sword gods battling it out”(Class C teacher)

DANTALION ASMODEUS VS HILD GILFROST

An unknown name appeared accompanied by the name of the student who was known as a Sage that brought about confusion within the student body and utter silence from the teachers’ side. This is a name only the teachers knew, a name that rarely wanted to hear because of how much of a secret entity she was at the school but of course there were still some clueless teachers such as Heinz and the other high rank teachers who didn’t know her because she had done well not to be noticed by them.

“Who the hell is she?I haven’t seen her in the school and I know just about everyone in class F despite me not being their teacher!”(Heinz)

“I don’t know “ (Class C teacher)

“Really?There must’ve been a student like that”(Class B teacher)

“To be frank there is, but we were keeping her due to her high intellect and background”

“Headmaster……..”

“Yes I thought she was a promising child too “

Even Bandor had lost hope on her because of her natural deposition that couldn’t allow her to learn just any magic, there was a special kind she had to learn and none of the teachers with the headmaster who was known as the Mage of Knowledge couldn’t figure out what that magic was. If they couldn’t teach her magic then swordsmanship but that too was a dead end, thus they kept around because they pitied her maybe her strength wasn’t in magic and such but rather on the analytical side however they were all shocked to see that she was cast in the stage where her companions stood fought. The time was running out and people had to see an appetizer before heading to the main course of tournament. The hero that is to say. As soon as she stepped onto the stage she was met with silence as none knew her at all, she yawned as she stared at her now opponent with her sleepy half closed golden eyes. She wore a black witch hat which covered her light violet short hair that accompanied by a black jacket made from some material that not even Hild could recognize with a black dress that ended right before her thighs. Black boots covered her feet with a streamline of white, she stood there motionlessly with her hand still on her mouth staring at Hild.

“I will make it easy for you and end it painlessly”

A genius and fool stared at it each other.

What would a fool do to a genius ?

These thoughts were in the mind of everyone including the headmaster? So why was Sae smiling?Who knows?It was all going to end in one shot anyway.

“Fireball”

Even Hild felt pity for her as she fired that spell but then just when it was about to hit her.

But then just when it was about to hit her she stopped yawning, making the hand that was covering her mouth smack the fireball away from herself making it disperse immediately. Hild was confused and so was everyone else, it should have left her to fall backwards but there she was still standing with her eyes which were half closed before now fully opened. If one stared deep enough they could see the symbol of a skull in the sea of her golden eyes which were now glowing. Her body becomes wrapped in violet energy which made even Hild and Bandor shudder then immediately something was shot back at Hild who had let her guard fly astray in this single moment of shock, it was pure and raw mana. Hild dodges this by a hair’s length with the resulting action being a large hole being made into the stage. Hild then moves her body to distance herself from Dantalion who she stares at as she cuts the distance that she made within seconds. She had to react now otherwise she would be defeated by the unknown she which was making her fear grow large. 

“Greater Fireball”

“Greater Fireball”

They both utter the same spell with quick precision as the same large fireball cancels the other out with an explosion occurring right before her eyes. To Hild this was a shock that made her truly afraid but she couldn’t stop now, even in the simmering heat of the flames Dantalion didn’t stop rushing towards her. 

“Multitude of The Spearmen of Ice”

“Oh?”

A vast amount of spears made out of ice come flying towards Dantalion dodges the first batch of spears by leaping forwards with her black leather gloves shining on her palms as they form a weapon that was well known amongst groups of people who dealt with them before, guns. She shot at wording spears which broke into ice particles with several crimson red arias appearing around her arms which begin spinning rapidly as they reload her bullets with the following action she does being her sliding beneath the next group of spears shooting them whilst she is doing so. Hild who was in all this time pure awe begins to chant another spell but Dantalion has already reached her and gives her a uppercut which sends her flying for a short while into the air before being kicked in the stomach and rolling on the ground stopping entirely staring hard at her. 

(Why and how is she this strong?!She is just as skilled as I am, maybe even more. I should be wary of-?!)

She claps her hands with the aura vanishing as a voice is heard at that moment.

〈 Now Executing SWORDMASTER.EXE 

Hild quickly stops the sword that had entered her spell range with a hastily put up barrier that cracks into a spiderweb of lines. She leaps backwards as the barrier is completely broken into pieces as Dantalion was hot on her heels. Quickly and with no time at all Hild creates a sword blocking the incoming sword stab that she almost had her defenses break as Dantalion pushes her back with an array of slashes that are somewhat familiar. Hild who was definitely no sword expert had to keep up her stance otherwise she would lose to one single swing, Dantalion breaks her sword into half before distancing herself away from Hild who then takes this opportunity to casts a spell.

“MAY THE EARTH TREMBLE IN ANGER, AS IT THROWS EVERYTHING IN CHAOS. SWORDS OF THE EARTH GUARDI-?!”

Before she could finish her spell Dantalion had already counterattacked as she shot even more bullets with the earth swords shattering before they even reach her, Hild sets up a rock shield before the bullets land but even that is being broken down like paper in water. She rolls out of the way as the shield crumbles away into dust but is then shocked as another Dandelion appears right in front of her about to drop kick her with the other one that was shooting at her rock shield disappearing. She makes a instant mana shield that blocks the drop kick which causes cracks to form all over the ground with Dantalion leaping backwards with a faint look of joy on her face.

“What have you become Dantalion?Why do you have the strength that you do?Why do you a person who had no mana can suddenly use it?What is even your job?”

“It’s not mana”

“Huh?”

“As Sae-sensei said it, I am not using mana of any sort but I am using the energy that has been stored within my soul which was unlocked through thorough training this is a type of magical girl known as Guncaster, a job that requires me to use both guns and my soul’s energy as well as connecting to the system of magical girls that allows me to gain some of their abilities for a short period of time”

That’s right the fourth magical girl was born right before everyone’s eyes, to those who knew what this was such as Sae and Athena she was a very cheat like being. The said magical girl system she was placed in was the revised version that Sae prompted the angel to make with some threats of course and she gave her a bonus for coming on the suggestion of Sae for “reasons”. 

“Even a talentless hack such as myself can become useful”

Dantalion for the first time during the entire match breaks into a smile as she began to shoot at Hild once more running towards her with a mass of bullets hitting hard at Hild’s Aegis that she erected and was holding quite well against the bullets.

“TRY TO DEFEAT THIS DANTALION !! GOLEMS ATTACK!!”

“Heh”

Dantalion senses the ground shaking and skips away from the spot to see huge golems constructed from earth running towards her, she spins her guns and throws them into the air and goes on empty handed. Thinking that she is truly a fool Hild laughs at her but sees Dantalion go under the arms of the first golem punching into its core before grabbing its arms and smashing it into the core of the next one, her speed and agility reach the third and fourth golems immediately within a few seconds she had already destroyed the golems shocking Hild who was watching this but it was already too late her spell had already activated. A huge coffin like box fell from the sky this was the binding spell which had a huge impact on the enemy’s mind as it cut the consciousness of the enemy. But her guns rang out thunderbolts of energy as they destroyed the coffin, looking at Hild who had prepared another set of golems.

“I am not going to let you do that”

Dantalion ran past the golems who were far too slow as she shot at them if thy tried to approach her, she kicks Hild in the face making her drift on the ground.

“WHY?!WHY ARE YOU SO STRONG YET YOU WERE SO WEAK AND USELESS?!!!”

Dantalion didn’t answer as she walked towards her and touched her shoulder.

“I thought the same too, why did I who was useless and weak suddenly want to become strong?Why did I seek strength?Then the answer came to me when I almost died at Sae-sensei’s hands I wanted strength so I can protect myself, I still want to live so give me a good fight you who stands at the top”

Dantalion dove backwards and stared at Hild with her eyes smiling as if saying that all this time she was playing with her that burnt Hild’s heart as she shot a crack of flames towards Dantalion who began to dodge in leaps and bounds as she ran towards her shot at her. The bullets were blocked by the Aegis shield she had set up but then she materialized a new gun that tore through even that impeccable shield giving it up she led herself to bombard her with a mass of air bombs but Dantalion dodged that too and creeped up against her using the force in her legs to reach up to her. Hild who felt something swell up in her heart began to see the sight of defeat and instantly made a point blank blast that pushed her back destroying her armor in an instant but this doesn’t deter Dantalion one bit as Hild sees Dantalion come right at her and does the same. 

In her mind she remembers the day she met the day and because of this she suddenly takes a change whilst she is running, the sound of water is heard flowing through her entire body and reconstructing her armor and defenses as metallic parts reinforced her body, she stood back up and summoned what Sae-sensei called a rifle and shot at her with the bullets piercing through her defenses. Angering Hild even more she winked at her and smiled at her playfully, the shots were flying at her at rapid speed that she had to reinforce her usually weak body to work so she can dodge them but to no avail were those bullets stopping considering whether she should use a area of effect spell she leaps into the air but is shot down before doing anything. The gun she ha had in her hands was powerful to make flying mages weep, that she felt with her own body.

“Let me see your strongest spell already or is it you are too scared?”

“Fine I will crush you with it, Great Gods of The Snow and Ice, Good Winds of the Snow Dragons, Evil Winds of the Ice Giants: ICEBERG!!!”

A gigantic iceberg fell out from the sky making seem to Dantalion as if it was all hopeless she took the rifle in her hand pouring her soul into the image that was in her head. The image materialized into a cannon on her right arm, she locked it onto the iceberg with a mass of energy being charged into it as violet energy raged inside of it. At this point her golden eyes were glowing brightly with the skulls inside of them laughing as they manifested as blue skulls which began to spiral around the canon.

“Fire”

The sound of a loud demonic laugh is heard accompanied with the shattering of the ground as the burst of energy hit the iceberg shattering it into particles as it flew into the air as snow, the crowd, the teachers, the students, adventurers and mercenaries as well nobles were all speechless as this was another caliber of unseen strength, Dantalion walked up to the now stand shocked Hild. A Hild who was shell shocked from that single attack stared at this girl who was twice as strong as her, she was frozen from all the things she had seen.

“I won, I am now taking my prize”

“What prize?Isn’t winning enough?And you do not receive any prize other than winning this tournament and the honor and prestige of many”

“I liked your determination and you even called me by name as well. I guess you like me just as I like you”

“What are you talking about now?!I do not like y- wait what are you doing?!Sto-“

Dantalion wiped the dust which was on Hild’s face before kissing her on the lips causing her to intensely blush on the spot. She did start having a crush on this unnatural girl but because of the embarrassment of her crush being instantly recognized she fainted. With the male side of the crowd cheering uncontrollably.

4