BNW Chapter 20 Infinite Zanpakuto
429 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“One through me, and one through Ichibe-San?” Jan’s eyes widened, then he said, “What does that mean?”

“I don’t know what it means for you or Ichibe. But no matter how many possibilities I see, whether it’s two or millions, only one will actually happen. I only hope that it won’t be the one with Ichibe.”

“W-What did you see through Ichibe-San.” Jan’s voice dropped.

“I saw the end of this world,” Reio said calmly.

“And through me?” Jan asked again.

“A brave new beginning.”

“Your answers are getting shorter, I don’t know if I understand what you want to tell me. Does this mean that Ichibe is going to destroy the world? Am I going to die in that future?”

“I told you.” Reio sighed, “I don’t know what it does mean for you or Ichibe; I only know how it’s going to end, and I only care about the existence of this world.”

“Then tell me how it’s going to end?” Jan began to feel a bit frustrated.

“I can’t.” Reio replied, then stood up and looked to the side and said, “If I’ve learned one thing from my last experience, it is that the less you know, the better.”

“Then what’s this favor you’ve come to ask me?” Jan stood up as well.

“Please save this world,” Reio said as he bowed his head.

“What?! From what? And how?!” Jan got even more puzzled, even White Jan who was still fighting the black hands at the side looked surprised.

“I can’t tell you how. The only thing that you need to know is that you’re the only one who can save it.” Reio said with a deep tone.

Jan lost all words and thoughts in the face of the Soul King’s request.

“So are you going to fight for the sake of this world?” Reio asked.

“Again, fight whom?! And how do you want me to fight your war when I don’t even have a sword?!” Jan said pointing at White Jan.

“If Zanpakuto is what’s going to convince you to fight this war, then Zanpakuto you shall get.” Reio said, then raised his hand and light from all over the room gathered around it.

ROARRRRRRRR!!!!!!

A loud roar with a sudden burst of Reiatsu came from White Jan’s side, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t get rid of the black hands that were locking him.

“Calm down beast, or I will make you.” Reio looked at him coldly, but to his surprise, White Jan suddenly forced off the two black hands, and he freed himself.

“Kehehehe, see?! He doesn’t need a sword when he has me!” White Jan said with a big smirk on his face.

“Oh, and are you willing to fight with him in this war?!” Reio asked calmly.

“Once he’s worthy to wield me, he then can do whatever he wants with me!” White Jan said with a very sharp look in his eyes.

“Is that so?” Reio said, “Then you can have it.”

The moment these words fell, Reio suddenly disappeared and then instantly reappeared behind White Jan, placing the hand that was filled with thousands of glimpses of light on his head.

ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!

The white light flashed from White Jan’s eyes, ears and mouth as he screamed in agony, but Reio never let go of him until he finally vanished.

Jan was in shock for a moment, then he screamed, “What did you do to him?!!!”

“Nothing,” Reio said, “I just gave him new powers. It was too much for him so he had to rest. It will be a while before you see him again.”

“And what are these new powers?” Jan asked.

“You asked me for a sword didn’t you?”

“Yes, but you’ve just accepted his request and decided to give it to him instead.”

“I don’t believe that this war can be fought with one sword, so I gave you the ability to create an infinite number of Zanpakuto.”

“But why him and not me?!” Jan’s eyes widened in shock and joy, but then he felt a bit frustrated.

“Well, if you can’t convince a mere soul like him to submit to you, then there is no hope for this world.” Reio said calmly, “But I believe you can, I believe that I’ve chosen wisely this time.”

“Why me? Why not Ichibe-San?!”

“He failed me once, I can’t make the same mistake again.” Reio said, and then stopped to look at the door of the inner room for a second before saying, “However, what you told him was true. It’s not his mistake; it’s my mistake for being greedy.”

“I don’t believe that one’s desire to be alive can be considered greed.”

“Is that what you believe?!” Reio asked, sounding sincere.

“Yes.” Jan replied firmly.

“Then maybe that is why I felt that we’re alike.” He said with a faint smile.

Jan looked at him for a while, then finally sighed, “Honestly, I still don’t know what you want from me. Believe me, I’m really grateful for this gift. But I really can’t just accept your request.”

Reio’s eyes widened upon hearing this.

“However, if something, or someone is going to destroy the world, I won’t just stand by; I will definitely fight! Is this okay with you, Soul King?”

Reio smiled upon hearing this, “I now see why Ichibe likes you.”

“That guy?! I don’t think he’s capable of liking anyone!” Jan shrugged.

“He is, he just never shows it.” Reio said, then started walking away.

“Where are you going? I still have many questions!” Jan got startled.

“You don’t need to know anything beyond what I’ve told you.” Reio said without stopping to look back at Jan, “The world has its own way of unfolding around the key. Call it fate or whatever you want, but you will be at the center of it all when it happens..”

With that, Reio disappeared, leaving Jan standing alone…

20