Chapter 57: Build-A-Girl 2.0
104 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Violet's specificity about Angelica never being able to be defenseless again if she were a mage really tickled something within her - or, more aptly, she would never be able to be disarmed. Even naked and behind bars, she wouldn't be rendered useless. The same could be said for her if she were a healer; they wouldn't be able to take her healing light away from her, but at the same time, what was she going to do if she was ever captured? Heal her captors death? The worst part about Angelica being a healer would be the troublesome 9 levels she would have to spend leveling up before she could prestige to be a Corruptor.

"What is the Mage able to prestige to be?"

"Oh," Violet replied slowly, taking time to mentally verify her answer, "a Mage can be a Martyr or an Elementalist, I think. An Elementalist gains access to new spells and is a more effective Mage, but a Martyr is the magical version of a Scatterer. They can cast any of their Mage spells in a huge AOE, but they can't move while they're casting. I think that's where the name comes from. There's also always the option of taking a second class... I was considering going Healer myself, if Angelica doesn't." She kicked at the ground softly, nervously, worried that the squad wouldn't want her in it long-term enough for her to be their Healer. She had brought it up in the hopes of getting some clarification but in the end...

Her concerns went over Nikola's head, who simply returned to Angelica's creation screen.

[Mages are players who can cast awesome and terrifying elemental spells to best their enemies. INT is their attack stat, and WIS governs how much Mana they have access to. Mages begin play only being able to don Light Armour without a movement penalty, but sufficient STR will allow them to wear Medium Armour.]

Mage, she decided, poking the Mage box.

Would you like to make Vengelica into a Mage? This cannot be undone.

Nikola tapped the Yes option and ignored the No.

Her blue box tinged in recognition and proceeded to the next screen; an array of clothes to mix and match. Mages looked to have access to flowing, colourful robes in various arrangements. They could have hoods, or cloaks, or skin-tight cotton tank tops with wide sleeves, and their lower halves could be dressed with pants or flowing skirts. Dresses were also available. The Butcher found herself wishing that the red-haired girl was already conscious, so she could pick the combination of clothes she wanted to stave off her nakedness herself. Revenge could be ruthlessly acquired in any outfit, so how was she supposed to choose?

Well, a black-coloured outfit would stain less readily, and something too long and flowy would inhibit her movement. Nikola decided on a black tank top that hugged her torso, an asymmetical skirt that swooped down on one side, and an optional, short hooded jacket. Or was it too loose to be called a jacket?

You're almost there! The final step is picking Vengelica's stats.

A layout that looked very much like her own Level Up screen popped up.

STR: 0+
DEX: 0+
CON: 0+
WIS: 0+
INT: 0+
CHA: 0+

Stat Points to Assign: 20

Vengelica would want to be able to burn through her enemies, Nikola presumed, so she poured 10 Points into her INT, as the voice had stated INT would be her attack stat. Next, she tapped 5 stat points into her WIS, 3 into her CON and the final 2 into her STR, to help her toward one day equipping some Medium Armour.

You have assigned Vengelica's 20 Stat Points.

STR: 2
DEX: 0
CON: 3
WIS: 5
INT: 10
CHA: 0

Is this right?

Yes, Nikola confirmed, and sucked in a breath as a fireworks show of magical golden lights popped around Angelica. The blue screen dissolved into nothingness, but played a horn-heavy bit of fanfare as it left, leaving the new red-haired girl in the Queen-sized bed.

Congratulations! Your chosen NPC, Vengelica, is now a member of your party! Take a look at your Party screen to check up on her at any time. You may level her up any time she levels, or leave the decisions to her. It's up to you how much freedom you want to grant your NPC. We hope your will is strong enough for you to prosper!

And that was that. The raven-haired girl blinked her dark lashes and took the chance to observe the red-haired girl's brand new form. She looked so different in 'real life', the Butcher thought as she scanned her flesh-body from outside the creation screen; her hair was slick and caught the light of the bedside table beside her, the yellow making it appear like a sunset, or a blood-soaked pool of apple juice. The individual shapes of her bones were no longer visible through her pasty skin, and her cheeks had a lifelike glow to them. Before, every part of her had appeared pasty and almost greenish, halfway to the grave despite her walking around.

Violet clapped softly at the party-like trumpets and shimmied in closer to get a good look at the new Angelica. "Wow... so you decided on all these changes all by yourself?"

"Yes," Nikola confirmed plainly.

The Archer found it fascinating, the tweaks she had made. All-in-all, the former prisoner looked like her former self if she'd gained some weight and gone to the salon. And stuffed her bra. She wondered why she had made her boobs bigger, but decided it was probably more polite to just... not ask. Besides, what if Angelica woke up right then and the first thing she ever heard was her breast size being discussed? "What class did you end up picking for her?"

"Mage."

"Did you hear that, Luke? Angelica is going to be a Mage."

"Cool," he sighed, arms crossed over his chest, "wonder if she'll be able to cast me a spell that can one-shot 100 adventurers."

"Oh, come on," Violet replied with a groan, standing and swishing over to Luke, "this is a cool moment. Don't ruin it by being a sour ass."

Nikola gasped through her fingers. "She's opening her eyes!"

8