Chapter 3: A friend in need.
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matilda was both proud and shocked at the shot. Square in the noggin like the good ol-days. Though she could do without the over dramatics by the boy. Her strength score had been in the gutter and dropping ever more every other year since passing into the third age Bracket. Being elderly sucked, but the bonuses to wisdom were no joke. 

After a few moments of reminiscing she felt it was about time for the boy to cut the act or at least retort to her... But he wasn't moving. 

"Don't tell me he's another fool who put everything into Intelligence, it doesn't Actually make you any smarter it just raises your attack with spells and makes visualizing easier..." 

The poor fool must have been one of the many that got swept up in that stupid theory posted by that hack of a mage Jorvenox. The mans already won the 'best sellers' author award three years in a row for his sensationalized drivel and steered countless of the younger generation off their true class paths.

Everyone thinking that their "totally unique" and "Amazingly complex" random ass assortment of placing Stat points into entirely unrelated skills, perks and even main stats, will some how make them the strongest there's ever been, because they're doing something "New"... It aint broke so why bother fixing it.

And there she goes again on one of her inner monologues. They've been happening a lot more than she'd like as of late. And yet, the boys still out cold. 

"Sigh.. Guess I'll at least help the poor fool out of the street. I don't want to deal with a Gorey mess if a carriage or one of those newfangled auto-carts passes through." 

After a few un-nerving crackings of her knees she finally managed to drag the man to her gate. He was dressed shockingly well, and she was beginning to fear he was some rich snob moving into one of the fancier places nearby. 

"Lets just hope he's not. Best that way than the alternative."

Though the man was incredibly heavy for his build. She was sure she didn't feel any huge muscles under that suit and his long scrawny legs almost made her convinced he'd stated entirely into Dexterity, though that can't be right if he couldn't even dodge a rolling pin hucked by an old fart like her.

"I'm too old for this, lets just hope he forgets it and is just grateful he didn't get run over." 

 


Around an hour later.

Peter woke to a feeling somehow even worse than the travel sickness of whatever you'd call that... Meatball tree dimensional express?

Looking around he found himself laying against the fence post out front that same house from before. The pie was sadly gone now. 

No hope for desert for breakfast it seems. What even happened? and damn my head feels like I just came back from a trip to nans after she found out I cheated on midterms...

"I wonder if she's still making jams and butternut syrup... I should have visited more while I had the chance." 

The weight of the situation was starting to creep in on Peter. He was gods knows where, with who knows what done to his body. He wasn't even sure any part of him was left untouched by Montage's crazy... well. montage like marathon of "fixing" whatever it thought was wrong with him. 

It was coming back all to fast and thinking about how little time he spent with his nan, gramps and everyone else wasn't helping. 

"Mr. Paddington!!!" 

Peters eyes dilated as the revelation shook him to his core. Who was going to take care of Mr. Paddington! Who was going to give him belly rubs, who was going to trim his overabundant main! who was going to change his litter!!!!

 

Warning: Stress levels exceeding estimated predictions.

ANALYSING, Please hold!

Report: Error found in class assignment & registration

Requesting update:

System B_232_753_DOT_CORE Outdated

Request granted:

System B_232_753_DOT_CORE Updating

Update complete:

New designation: Montage_DOT_CORE

 

Peter wasn't paying the screen any attention as he spiraled deeper and deeper into his panic. The thought of Mr. Paddington all alone, with no one to feed him, let him out, or take care of any of his many, MANY specific needs drove him to the brink. Tears clouded his vision as the thought of them being found who knows how many days later as nothing but a dried up ball of messy fluff at the window, still waiting for him.

 

Montage-DOT-CORE Online

Updating Registration: Peter Paddington Parkinson

Updating Class: Weather Mage

Class Perk Awakened: Auto-Cast
Class Perk Awakened: Ma-Manipulation
Extra Perk Awakened: Familiar Bond
Extra Perk Awakened: Familiar Recall
Extra Perk Awakened: Familiar Storage
Familiar Feat Awakened: Extra Evolution
Familiar Feat Awakened: Familiar Spell
General Feat Awakened: Aura Sight
General Feat Awakened: Bones of Steel
General Feat Awakened: Keen Hearing
General Feat Awakened: Keen Smell

 

You know cats aren't usually ones to show much affection, but not Mr. Paddington. The little ball of fluff was always extremely vocal and direct when it came to wanting things. He'd always be waiting at the window for me to get home, and always want me to pick him up as soon as I'm through the door, no time to waste on shoes or my coat, just up he goes and you better catch him. 

 

Initiating Auto-Cast! Cost = 100 Mana

Casting Failed: Insufficient Mana

Requesting Class Perk.

Granted:

Class Perk Awakened: Arcana Reservoir

New Energy Type Accessible: Raw Arcana

 

Even if they get to him in time... No one knows what he's like. He won't bite you if you rub his tummy, but he'll still kick a bit.

He doesn't like cold water, you have to heat it up a bit, or give him Earl grey tea with milk and small bit of honey. Not too much because cats can't break down glucose and fructose very well but it's fine as long as its just a bit for flavoring foods.

 

Initiating Auto-Cast: Cost = 1 Arcana

Casting Successful.

Familiar Summoning. 
1%
23%
49%

 

And he absolutely hates fish. Won't go near anything that even half-way smells like it. He always meows with a jitter if he doesn't agree, and gives a strait meow if he agrees. Of course he knows what you're saying, all cats do, they just don't all care enough to respond or heed what you say. They're very prideful like that.

And you can't brush his hair with a coarse brush you have to, ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO! use a soft brush! His delicate fur will split at all ends if you're not careful....

 


 

The sight of a grown man crying at the road side was a truly desolate one. As memories of his most precious companion raced through his head.

"I'm sorry Mr. Paddington... I won't be coming home today... or ever."

"Mrrrow?"

 

Familiar Summoning Successful

Peter blinked at the hallucination, and the many screens piling up around him he could barely see passed. As even now more were piling on top.

Titles Unlocked:

Adept Detective:

Auto-Caster!: New!

Blessed by Mana: New!

Cat Diplomat

Cat Whisperer: New!

Double-Bonded: New!

Exploiter: New!

Mental Multitasker: New!

Perk Maniac: New!

True Arcanist: New!

*Brush*

He could almost feel Mr. Paddingtons soft fluff right now... 

Meow! "Human, do not cry."

He could almost hear them.

Mrrow Meeow, Mrrrrow! "Human, I'm cold, why are we outside!"

He swore he could even hear their cute little snarky attitude when they want to join him for tea.

Mrrow "Human?"

... He really could hear them... and feel them. and... Understand them? 

Peter frantically tried to clear his eyes, and swung at the screens hoping to dismiss them. The moment his vision cleared he saw them. That little ball of cloudy fluff sitting next to him. 

"MR. PADDINGTON!"

This is just a rough draft but writings been taking a bit too long so I thought I'l drop this for anyone actually interested in reading my little experimental story.

0