Ch. 4 – Unwanted Company
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That conversation from earlier, I think the demon the man talked about was that messenger. Kraendal...Dead lands... What is it all about?"

He got up and started walking again, he knew he had to find a place to spend the night, soon the sun was going to set. A dirt path could be seen outside the forest, and he thought the smartest thing now would be to follow it.

"I'm tired...But it's not like I can spend the night in this forest anyway."

After some time of walking, darkness was starting to take over everything, and looking ahead on the path he was following, he didn't see any sign of anything like a city or something, he looked to his sides hoping to see something useful, but it wouldn't be that easy, he knew. He didn't know the geography of the place or the monsters that lived in the part he was located, so spending the night outdoors was not an option for him.

"Shit... Now what? This system thing could help me with this, or this messenger show up here now and offer me a warm bed, or these Old Gods that brought me to this fucking place..."

He felt angry at everything that happened to him but he knew that taking it out in that way would not change anything, but somehow it comforted him.

A flame was lit behind him, near the exit from the forest he had come from.

'The knights from before?'

Slipping through the shadows to see what was happening there, hidden behind a tree, he could see a group of small greenish-colored creatures, smaller even than the man he had seen in the cave talking about the demon he had seen, had pointed ears and wore old leather clothes.

'What are those things?'

An unbearable smell erupted from the little beings. The group had about 30 of the creatures, and three more came to join them. They were different, one wore a gray robe, and held a large staff (larger than the creature itself), on his left and right, there were larger and stronger versions of it, which used poorly forged iron armor, one with a great axe and the other with a greatsword.

A conversation began between them, and Huel stood there to listen.

"Looks like the humans who were here are already gone"

Said the one wearing the tunic, in a thin, agonizing voice. The other creatures started to make various noises, and some loose words.

"Humans!", "Bastards", "Our Forest!", "Kill!" and other things, they couldn't seem to formulate sentences that really made sense.

"Come on, forest goblins, let's honor our race, now we can continue our quest, given by our grandmaster. Let's finish what we've been told and bring him good news on our return journey."

Laughter erupted from the mouths of everyone in the group, and they stood up.

"Some will have to stay here and take care of our things."

He pointed at three of the little creatures, who broke away from the rest and watched the large group head into the forest. The three who remained separated, each one on one side of the small camp.

'I think I have a chance against them.' Huel thought and started to move closer to where one of them was.

When he got close to a bush, he could see that the monsters were even uglier up close.

'That skill, will be useful now...'

He went behind the goblin, equipped himself with the sword and used it.

[Soul Reave]

A purple aura erupted from the tip of the sword, which he drove straight into the grotesque enemy's heart. He let out a groan before falling dead to the floor, as with the wolf, a small soul appeared before his body.

"U..Ughh."

"Noise?", "Noise!!" The two others said. 

And a not-so-pleasant message, but one that Huel had already expected, appeared.

'Anyway, I don't have any more souls, and I wouldn't have time to take the soul of this one'

[Soul Reave (Lower Soul) was used]

[The skill is currently on cooldown: you can use it again in 15 minutes.]

Quickly going back to the bush it was before, the creatures approached the dead body.

"Enemy!!", "Death"!!

The two started to run, not so fast because their small legs didn't allow it, Huel knew they would warn the rest of the group and soon ran after them, cutting the neck of one while walking with his sword and stopping in front of what was left alive. .

The creature looked to the side, seeing its dead friend and then looked ahead, startling and screaming as loudly as it could with its grotesque voice:

"HUMAN!!! HUMAN BAD!!!"

A sword went through his skull without him even realizing it..

"I should have killed that bastard before..."

Footsteps could be heard, and howls too.  Some wolves appeared from within the bushes, one of them had the body of the goblin he had just killed in its mouth.

'Disgusting' Huel thought.

There were about ten of them, he couldn't count in time, as one of them had jumped on him as before. This one was slower than the ones he had killed in the cave, the color of its fur was also different, he realized that as he cut the wolf that had attacked him in half. He quickly ran into the darkness of the woods, knowing that dealing with them all together could be a big problem.

1