Ch. 6 – Attack on Vilkskar (1)
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After passing through the forest, a flat field could be seen, along with a stone path, which Huel followed until he saw a small village in front of him, wooden walls surrounding it, and a large, closed gate that stood in the center.

A group of people passed him, looking strangely and heading straight for the gate, it was probably not that common for outsiders to show up here. A guard opened the gate for them to enter, it was a young boy about 19 years old. The guard at the place looked pretty weak, maybe they never needed it, until now, of course.

He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that the goblins still hadn't put the plan into action, had probably stopped to discuss the final preparations, or had something unforeseen. He didn't know what to do now, maybe the enemies are hiding and waiting for the night, it would be difficult to look for them, so he decided to enter the village and get to know the place, standing still wouldn't do any good, and he urgently needs to eat something and rest in some suitable location.

He started walking towards the gate. Then the guard, who began to stare at him, spoke:

"Who are you?"

"I'm not from here, I was in the forest, and I found this village..."

"In the forest?! I heard there were some monsters there, just now a group of knights passed through the entrance, well, come on in!"

It was easier than he thought, maybe humans were welcoming to other humans, and it made him somehow happy.

"Thank you very much" He said as he lowered the hood of his tunic and entered the village.

It wasn't as small as he imagined, they had several buildings, some of bricks and others simpler and smaller, of wood. It was possible to see some people walking in the streets, and it comforted him a little of the lack of the world he had come from. In front of him was a brick building, and a sign said 'Smithy'. He thought it might be worth a look, he needed to strengthen his equipment if he was going to help them with the goblins.

[Huel: 100G]

The message popped up, informing him, even though he hadn't asked. It was convenient for him and therefore he didn't care. He entered the store and inside there was a small man, just like the one in the cave, but this one had red hair and a big beard of the same color.

"Hello visitor, my name is Jori!!" He said smiling and heading towards the visitor, extending his hand.

Huel took her hand but kept her face steady. "Hello"

"I can see that you are an adventurer of the strongest! Hard to see one like you around these parts boy, in a small village like Vilkskar what are you looking for?"

"I want to check it out, get better equipment maybe"

"Oh yes, of course! I can show you everything I have on hand! But if you give me a second, I have to arrange some things, my assistant is not here, he insisted on calling those knights and so far he hasn't come back"

He soon gathered the information 'So the little caveman lived here in this village, he was probably collecting materials for the forge'

Soon the little gentleman who attended him returned with several swords in his hand, and began to place them, one by one, on top of a large table.

"That's it! Is there anything you're interested in?"

He didn't understand swords, that was a fact, he only picked one up after coming to this world, just like any normal person. When he tried to take one in his hand:

************************************

[Simple Iron Sword]

Description: Forged by a dwarf from the lands of men, with simple iron, it doesn't have all the splendor of the ancient dwarven race produced, but it is a great sword, better than those that the vast majority of humans produce.]

************************************

'Dwarf...it makes sense that they are dwarves, but what about land of men, ancient race. He put that aside, he could make friends with the seller and ask about it later. Missing something in that description, he soon realized that he didn't have a damage indicator, as he remembered in his games.

"These are pretty simple! Ten gold coins each, discount just for you who are a new customer haha"

He already had a sword, it didn't look so much worse than that one, he remembered he needed leather pants.

"I need a pair of pants, those leather ones, do you sell them?"

"I don't usually work with this, but lucky for you I think I have some around here, I'll get them wait a minute!"

The man entered through a back door, and some kind of weapon passed through his head, a scythe. After all, he had been given one, but it wasn't that useful, it was small and not sharp enough. He felt he needed a scythe, after all, he was a reaper. The idea of ​​'reaper' that crossed his mind made him chuckle. The door opened again and the man came back.

"Here, I think it works for you! 5G, the quality is not the best but it's good enough!"

"Thanks. Do you sell scythes?"

"Scythe? Well...They don't usually ask for farming tools, I thought you were one of those adventurers...But I have some here"

"No, a scythe for combat, sharp and long." He showed the one he had, taking care to pull it out of his tunic, and not making it suddenly appear in his hand using his inventory, afraid this is not normal for everyone. "Different from this one"

"Oh?" He exclaimed uncomprehendingly "Weird weapon to use...well I even have scythes but they're not like you asked for...well I can forge one especially for you if you want."

"Of course, how much would it be?"

"That's up to you buddy, tell me your budget and I'll do what I can to make the best scythe you've ever seen!"

He thought about it and didn't want to use all his money, he needed a place to spend the night and get something to eat.

"70G, he gave them to the blacksmith in a little bag. Can you make them? I don't really know the price of things around here."

"Of course I can haha! It sure will be a great scythe friend, but it will take a while, I'll take special care when forging it, and I have to wait for my assistant to come back with the materials, that idiot"

"No need to rush, I can wait here in the village, do you know a place where I can spend the night?"

"Follow the street in the first right, you'll find Mrs Killvane's Inn, good place to sleep and eat!"

"Thank you" Huel said as he was leaving.

He turned right as he said and found the place, a sign saying 'Kaor Inn, the best place to sleep in Vilaskar'

He walked in and saw a woman, who appeared to be in her mid-35s, and was cleaning the reception floor at the time. She looked at him and said "Welcome to Kaor Inn! I'm Killvane Kaor, welcome!"

"Hello." Again he said coldly, he did it without realizing it all the time.

"Looking for a room, traveler?"

"That, and food if you have it around here."

"Yes, we do! Room and food are 3 gold coins a night! Breakfast, lunch and dinner!" she said excitedly.

He took three coins and handed them over. "I'll want to book a room for one night, then."

"Thanks! If you want to have lunch just let me know!" He accepted, he was hungry, and then she brought a plate of soup, they had some ingredients that he had no idea what they were but it was very tasty.

The woman had gone upstairs to clean things and had given him the keys to go to her room, he went upstairs and saw the number '03' on one of the doors, opened it and sat down for awhile. He thought about taking a nap but saw that he wouldn't be able to, so he decided to take a walk around the city.

As he left the inn and returned to the main street of the village, he saw the gate open. The dwarf went out through him, accompanied by the knights.

The dwarf went towards the smithy and the blond haired knight spoke to him "Was the 'Demon' just some goblins?"

The dwarf glared and said "I already told you no... I really saw one"

The men laughed and walked away as they talked

"But it's really strange, it's been a while since I've seen goblins on the outskirts of Diarkia forest, including the dead bodies of those wolves and goblins, they may have fought each other...but I doubt it's something simple like that"

They approached, and the blond man, who Huel thought held an important position among the knights or in the nobility, given his shining and imposing armor, turned his gaze to him, but said nothing. Huel returned the look and they walked right past each other.

2