Chapter 2 Dual Face
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just north of the capital, there is a noble school that has existed for hundreds of years. It was a place where all children of noble blood went to school, they had the pride of royalty and they also had the way of thinking of a noble.

And so was a noble boy named Karl Northen, who was currently eating a classy meat that not all the citizens of the empire had.

With pieces of warm meat that continue to be devoured and brown seasoning sticks to the lips. Karl continued to eat his food while looking at the group of nobles who were currently chatting with each other at the front table.

A girl and a boy, talking to each other about youth romance. They are actually fiancé.

Seeing a pair of lovers feeding each other with friendly jokes and smiles at school lunch time. Isn't that pathetic enough for a handsome 17 year old noble?

A clean face, mysterious eyes, and black hair and stomach muscles that look solid when he takes off some clothes, should be able to make any woman approach Karl with a heart-shaped chocolate.

But as it turned out, none of that happened. Then why? Yes, this is something that his Dark Companion has prepared.

"Fufufu~ Ordinary people are really cute. "

Karl smirked at the sight in front of him now.

He who has experienced the beauty of youth without dreams other than a partner, has got the basic essence of what youth dreams are.

And being a companion of darkness, is the end result of it all.

Next, Karl cleaned the remnants of food stuck to his lips with a white handkerchief, then put it on the plate.

A warm feeling as he started to stand and walk, then shattered into pieces of glass when he heard a warm voice calling out to him.

It was a voice that would make any man except Karl nervous.

"Ara-ara Darling, good morning. "

"Good morning, Honey. "

The one who greeted Karl, was a beautiful girl with silver hair and black eyes. With a blue school uniform mixed with white, making the chest look quite prominent.

She then drew closer to Karl, then hugged him.

The hands that tied Karl's back and the chest that continued to press, made Karl automatically stroke the girl's head.

Their heartbeats seemed to be connected as one to the point where even if one of them was released, it would make both of them stop beating.

A bond, which seemed to have formed a very long time ago. And the girl's name was Louise Rosechild.

Which turns out to be Karl's official fiancé.

"Darling, I miss you." Louise continued to hug Karl's chest.

While continuing to bury her face in her chest, Louise said something in a sweet tone.

"You smell so good, can we continue like this for a long time? "

"As long as it continues to please you, honey, however long it is, I will continue to do so, " Karl said.

In front of the sweetness of the two young couples, it seemed as if they were exposed to a sacred love full of fire. The people around, slightly blushed.

However, the actual reality is not like that.

"Stop that disgusting nonsense of yours. You know? You just have to be quiet with a smile when everyone sees us. Don't say much, and wait for my signal," Louise whispered to Karl.

The girl currently hugging Karl, was not the girl everyone imagined. That is the real reality.

....

Karl sat next to Louise, the two of them watching a professor deliver the course material.

This world is a world where the successors of the imperial monarchy are taught how to be strong and trustworthy.

A class system of society that wants the rulers to get what they want. A world where social class is the main factor in what they will get.

Nobility is the top of the hierarchy without exception.

Those are all at the heart of the lesson the professor is explaining. And for nobles, school grades are the honor of every student.

Just like Karl's fiancé is doing now.

"Louise Rosechild, explain to me how a nobleman handles state revenue taxes. I will give more points depending on how correct your answer is," said the professor.

Louise, who accepted the challenge, then stood up without even opening the book. Then he clenched his right fist on his chest causing a kind of slight tremor as it couldn't sustain the shockwave from him, then he said.

"A noble has the right to determine how much tax is borne by the people. They, the people who live in our land, have been blessed with the protection of the goddess. Therefore, it is appropriate for a noble to be able to adjust tax conditions based on the ability of the people he leads. "

The professor nodded, then continued with the second question.

"Good, good answer as usual. Then, how did the Imperial family in the past overcome the economic crisis caused by the great war against demons? "

Lifting her chest once more, then Louise showed a happy smile and was slightly sympathetic to the sacrifices of the knights in the past.

"The Goddess's blessing, everything is the work of the Goddess' blessing, so that a hero is chosen by her to then defeat the cruel Demon King in order to achieve eternal peace. The Imperial Family who saw it all, then followed the instructions of the Goddess, and finally the war ended, economic conditions recovered. That's all, I replied the professor. "

Beautiful face, holy and graceful, and sweet words. Calms everyone in the class.

The professor showed great appreciation for Louise's answer.

"Perfect value for you."

"Thank you professor. "

After a short exchange, Louise sat down next to Karl again.

He showed the sweet face of a girl with high intellectuals. However, as he looked to the side, Karl remarked something.

"Amateur. "

Very good play. That's what Karl was thinking now.

Seeing, how she was acting like an innocent girl with such an overly simple answer. Made Karl laugh at him in his heart.

The unnatural body movements, the contrived tone of voice and the fake face that Louise showed, were still amateurs than a dark comrade.

It seems, Karl's fiancé should be given a real example of what a fake face really is.

"Amateurs are still amateurs, hundreds of years is too soon for you to compete with me. "

The important point of becoming the heir of darkness, was how to make others see him as an ordinary person without strength and intelligence.

If Karl couldn't do such an easy thing, then becoming a servant of the Demon King was just a baseless dream.

Therefore, what Karl was going to do was something he had been preparing for a long time. With the stationery falling down, a dark comrade is about to spring into action.

"Looks like there's one more student who wants to get a grade," said the professor when he heard the sound of writing instruments bouncing on the floor.

Then he turned around, and saw a teenage boy showing a nervous expression on his own writing instrument.

"Master Northen, did you not pay attention to my lessons? "

2