Chapter 4 – Round 2
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tisha was stumped.

How could the system give the Aurum Arts, the combat style created by her family as a skill to be used? She had assumed that every skill that could be gained was already in the System but now she suspected that the System in general was far beyond her initial impression.

Focusing on [Aurum Arts – Prodigy] brought up the explanation.

[The Aurum Arts created by the centuries old Marigold family is a combat style based on the Swift Step technique allowing them to move distances at high speeds and deliver melee attacks from unexpected ranges. When used correctly the fighter can continuous move in and out of their opponent’s range while delivering unexpected attacks. You are at the level of a Prodigy]

A clear and concise explanation and it was correct in every way even if not explaining every move in the martial art. Including details on her family’s age. This meant the Skill was likely accurate even if a copy. Her way of thinking of Skills changed completely, it seemed unlikely that the Skills were actually granted from the System but instead the Skills were your actions likely recorded into the System.

She was not surprised that she was ranked as a Prodigy almost bursting in pride

However, she could not ruminate any further.

[Test 2]

Once again outlines appeared 20 meters in front of her, four of them standing in a horizontal line in front of her this time. At first she thought it was the skeletons she fought earlier again, whose bones she noticed had disappeared. Including all their weapons but the one she had used which sat in her hand. As some kind of reward? It was quite tattered and chipped and considering how she liked to fight anyway she doubted she would use it for long.

Looking up again she could tell the enemies were quite different this time. As the outlines filled out, she saw the usual skull of the skeletons though a bit taller than their eight-foot brethren now. Probably just below ten-foot this time. But they had a dark plate armour on covering the rest of their bodies. Their Broadswords were also dark in color. These guys certainly looked tougher than the last and yet there were fewer of them.

Analyse

[Skeleton Swordsman]

It might show the obvious but it sure was useful for confirmation.

She assumed using game logic that each test should be progressively tougher than the last and so was not going to underestimate the group just due to their smaller numbers. No hesitation at all she commanded the orb, this time to aim at the head of the middle one to her left.

A red beam and a smoking suit of armour revealed itself, it was just as well that she did not aim at the body, the entire suit was perfectly fine with a few small scrapes showing any damage whatsoever. The explosion had manage to rip through the insides of the suit of armour.

The other three instantly spread out around her splitting her focus up. Or that is what she expected to happen, however she noticed she was still capable of catching their movements even from her blind spots.

Perception?

It certainly seemed to fit as her senses seemed greatly improved just like her body was.

She got into her fighting stance, both feet flat on the ground and sword up and pointing straight in anticipation. There was a moment where both her and the enemies stood still, neither party moving an inch as they gauged each other. There just outside her Swift Step range… if she were human that is. She decided to try something with the improved physicals of this body. The Swift Step was typically used at a distance of about two to three meters. Experts in the family could reach five to six on their best days. Which now she thought about it seemed quite inhuman, but no one questioned it because who would know better.

Stomping the ground with her forward left foot leaving a small crater she pushed off with her right crossing the ten-meter distance between herself and the enemy directly in front before it could react. She aimed for its head in a quick stab, her momentum was enough to get her to their head height.

Unfortunately, her sheer speed caught her off guard and with a backwards jerk of its head her attack was slightly off, glancing of the skull but still denting it heavily. The Swordsman was not slow to act however. It swung its sword up to her from her left, with no other option and how close she was to the enemy. She placed both of her feet on the up coming arm and using its strength flipped off its sword arm.

While in the air she could tell the others were approaching thinking that she was unaware. She wasn’t going to hold back now.

Flying blade

She threw the sword like a spear while mid-air palming its pummel and steadying the blade with her left hand. It was a technique that used the idea of the Swift Step’s ground grip but with the hands and a bladed weapon to launch it at incredible speeds.

The blade successfully brained one of the approaching skeletons, she knew it was not done with just that, but it certainly lost some coordination. The other approached and she lead it and the skeleton with half a head to the vaporized skeleton’s suit of armour.

She picked up the dropped sword, one of much better quality than the last. Before turning around in time to clash with the first skeleton to reach her. She deflected the blade sliding it down hers and guiding its tip to the floor. She raised her leg to stamp on it in hopes of disarming the skeleton. However, it moved its sword out of the way and let its ally take over with the onslaught.

Deflecting the attack, she was being pressured by the two of them as they attacked in tandem.

Multi-Swift Step

A combination of smaller Swift Steps that allowed for rapid movement without stopping. It was incredibly exhausting but was her last resort to escape the skeleton’s relentless assault.

Moving backwards out of their range in continuous steps she gained enough distance for.

She was under no impression that she could pierce their armor if her orb’s destructive attack could barely scratch it, normally that is.

She tried to reached into herself and call upon the skill

Basic Varos Manipulation

She felt herself fill with a power that not felt on earth but weirdly familiar to her.

Swift Step Spear Assault

A piercing attack, it could be used without a weapon but was best utilized alongside a pointed weapon.

The air split with her charge as she slammed into and through both skeletons. She slid across the floor as she tried stopping before tripping over her own feet. Exhaustion came over her as she caught her breathe.

“Gonna have to be careful with using that one.”

The final skeleton stumbled around without a head until she practically pulled it and its armour apart to destroy the rest of the body.

[Strength rank up G to G+]

[Test 2 complete]

[Proceeding with Test 3]

1