Chapter 7 – The others
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Would you like a full restore?]

Yes

[Activating full restore.]

[Syncing Myriads]

[Syncing complete]

[You are now to move on to the next stage]

She was exhausted a moment ago, clothes in decent shape which confused her as she had been burnt and partially cut a few times in that final bout. Now it was as if it never happened. Even the cave was completely restored. The only thing unchanged or not reverted was the sword she had picked up. She had an idea.

She knew she was not the only one brought to this world based on what the System had said earlier. She planned to disguise her Artifact as the sword. This plan lasted an entire second before she realized that they had likely fought the same enemies as her and would easily recognize the blade as a weapon used by them. Still, it was useful to have.

The large door in front of her opened on its own as far as she could see. Grabbing the sword, she walked out. Into an even larger cavern. Looking around she saw other doors just like hers with an even bigger door that dwarf the others. There were also a couple of other people.

Staring sullenly at each other a large bald man in his late thirties, he gave off an intense aura as he glared at the woman in front of him. He wore what looked like typical army camo with an out of place steel coloured left shoulder guard strapped across his chest. He also had a large blue round shield on his left arm and a similarly coloured sword on his right. She assumed those to be his Armament and Artifact respectively. Also, he had a single small horn in the middle of his forehead.

The smaller woman in front of him gave off a mischievous aura with the smirk on her pretty face, her eyes glowing an unnatural blue. Her long auburn hair flowing to the small of her back also gave off a strange glow. She wore a green dress and carried a large revolver held with both arms. She looked to be in her early thirties.

For a second the weird additional parts made her believe these guys were alien to Earth before she remembered the changes in her own mouth. Feeling the fangs in a her mouth she listened to them.

“Like I said, we need to rescue the others in there.” He said sweeping his arms across the cavern.

“And why should I risk my life for others I don’t know when I just barely got out of there myself.” She countered.

It was then that Tisha realized that the language they were speaking. It was nothing she had heard before. In fact she was almost certain that it was not a dialect spoken on Earth. The sing-song intonation and heavy sounding words were an interesting combination. Weirdly, Tisha realized that she spoke that dialect too. It just never occurred to her when she was doing that initiation.

“Besides, you don’t know if they would be friendly and you aren’t even sure we are able to enter those doors.”

“But still-” He cut himself off as they finally noticed her door open as she walked in.

Analyze

[Error – Analyze is unusable on Transcendental bodies]

Huh…that was, interesting. While that made it useless against what she assumed were others like her, it also made it easy to identify a fellow Earthling (assuming they were indeed from Earth).

“Am I interrupting?” She asked, a slight grin on her face.

“Uh, no-” He started.

“Yeah, we are an old couple having our usual argument.” The woman interrupted as he shot her another glare of annoyance.

As she was about to respond a few of the doors around them disappeared. Now four were left/

She glanced between the both of them.

“Is this normal?”

“Yes.” A unanimous answer.

“I was the first out and there were far more doors before.” The man continued.

Before he could say anything further another door opened.

No one came out for a moment, then poking out of the corner of one door a small face glanced out at them in fear. Moving from one face to the next before settling on the floor.

It was a young teen, likely below seventeen in age. He was also on the shorter side. He held what looked like a classic mage staff his size in one hand and wore a green hooded robe that looked slightly oversized for his diminutive size of just below five foot.

His small face reminded her of a hamster with its deer in the headlights look and he had long ears going off to a point.

She tried to give off a friendly smile, but it seemed to have the opposite effect as he shrank back further. She once again remembered her fangs before closing her mouth to hide them.

“Hmph, you clearly don’t know how to deal with kids.” The auburn-haired woman said, before slowly sauntering over to the boy.

“Hey kid, wanna come to aunty here?” She asked somewhat provocatively.

Tisha rolled her eyes.

“You’re not my aunt.” The teen said quietly as he looked away in a rebellious gesture.

Tisha snickered quietly as the woman turned red with a bit of anger.

“Suit yourself.” Came the haughty reply as she stormed off.

Tisha could see the bald man struggle to hold in laughter of his own as the kid finally gathered the courage the move from the door into the larger cavern. His door disappearing behind him a moment later.

A few more doors disappeared startling him in their suddenness.

Only one door remained not including the large one.

Actually upon studying the cavern, while it was large with how close some doors were together and remembering the size of her own cavern it did not make sense for the composition on this side.

[Syncing Myriads]

She remembered those words, she suspected that each person was given a personal dimension for the initiation stage of whatever this was.

The final double door opened slightly causing everyone to look over. Before it suddenly got smashed wide open both doors slamming into the walls on either side.

Out of the doors came the largest woman she had ever seen. Easily a seven-and-a-half-foot giant her size was imposing to say the least. The woman slowly walked out of the cavern with confidence befitting her stature. She was huge in every way.

She wore black pants and her huge chest was barely held together by a struggling Sarashi. Her muscular shoulders were covered by a very large white coat that she was not actually wearing through the arm holes. It was held together by a strap held by pins near the collars. Her tanned scarred skin reflected the light of the torches, Tisha could see hints of a colourful tattoo going around the back of her arms and across her back. Her grey hair was tied in a large messy ponytail that nearly reached her backside.

The sides of her head held large horns that swerved forwards and then upwards giving her already terrifying form an even more formidable appearance. Her slitted yellow eyes glanced around shooting to each person in the large cavern with Tisha being where it finally stopped. Said eyes gave off a feeling far beyond that of the Death Knight. This woman was real dangerous.

“Huh? Anyone of ya wanna go next?” She asked in a heavy tone as she folded her arms across her prodigious chest, giving off an air of superiority.

1