Chapter Nine: Sights beyond imagining.
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He groggily drug himself off the floor, his mother’s cabinent had that long mirror on it, despite being a little cracked he was able to see the full extent of his changes. His appendages including his head and the end of his tail have a dark gray wood like gnarled texture. It shifts to a very smooth eel like skin that is colored similarly to Marl stone itself, the grey color shifting to that of Marl stone, then to the brick red colour of keuper marl and then finally over to glauconite which is a dark tea green the composes the color of most of his body.

He say down on his moss covered chair and began to read about Spectral entities. As a base they were actually excellent for reconnaissance, he could see and hear what they see and hear. Beyond that they weren’t very useful, however they could grow to become very powerful based on a spirit of vengeance which could be used to power them. Then as the spirits merged they could eventually stand on their own. If they focused on illusions they may become things like a will’o’the wisp, kelpie or banshee. If they were aggressive they might become poltergeists, D’jinn or even a Nucklavee. Defensive and protective spirits would assume the forms creatures like a Dullahan, Grotesqurie or a Morrigan.

There were other extremely esoteric paths to be chosen from, but none more so than these selections fitting Marl’s pressing needs. It seemed as if the goal of saving his daughter was getting lost in the...fun he was having, for lack of a better term. His plan for the town invasion was a simple one. Sneak into the grave yard and find a vengeful soul, bind it to the Spectral entity and use it’s anger and vexations to taunt the church in a way that wouldn’t be linked to Dr. Hawthorne and get his daughter executed. While the town was in an uproar as his desecration at the church they'd uncovered he’d slip into Dillion Rathbone’s house, apply some ether to knock him out and then extract the eye. Cause some general mischief before escaping to gain some feats and hopefully a few curses.

Marl emerged from his pit by simply extended his longer tail and flowed through the trees at a phenomenal speed that surprised even to him. He realized by getting the hang of his legs he’d stopped using them as legs altogether, They moved like extra jointed arms in a completely circular motion. It was as if he was a mine cart and the trees were his rails. His senses were so keen now that he could smell the very insects in the trees his powerful limbs burst the bark of. His claws when retracted were covered by a chitin like shell that imitated a vulture claw, it allowed him to snatch insects from the trees he was swinging from like an unholy combination of snake and monkey. Succulent grubs and larvae that unlocked beetle and moth templates. The Fey in his ears whispered things like “He gets it.”

and “Hope for him yet.” He listened quietly to their voices with thoughts, plans and goals deep and unknowable.

It wasn’t hard to arrive at the Cemetery, not only did he have two decades of living in Castabury, but his new nose that looked like a slit made by sideways staples told him they weren’t burying the bodies deep enough. He felt the arrow in his neck tug, Odin was holding him back. Marl turned back to see the Old man who now sported a luxurious white beard and full plate armour with gnarled wood serving as the chainmail and smokey mist perfectly formed into the platemail. He sat atop the now very regal looking Sleipnir which was white and tan with it’s main similarly smokey mists as Odin's plate. The only hints as to it’s former nature being one pair of it’s six legs being those of a dog and it’s extremely expressive dog-like eyes.

The pair looked toward the sky bug eyed and unable to speak.

Marl was utterly confused as he heard The Fey laugh in his ears and one said in a familiar voice “SHUT UP! SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!” it was clearly the Horizontal woman Fey. She spoke as she sniggered. “Wanna see what they see?” Marl was frightened, curious and knew this would obviously be a trap, but still he spoke in the affirmative. “Are you sure? Are you sure, Are you sure, Are you sure?” She cackled annoyingly. Marl responded with a simple yes and recoiled as she appeared in his vision no bigger that a toddle and swam through the air straight for his forehead where she took a bite.

Marl recoiled as the blood spilled down his face and filled his eyes with blood and pain so immense he felt it was comparable to his various dismemberings, tortures and even his original death. He screamed out to the fairy. “Why? We were getting along so well before!?”The next thing the horizontal woman said made his blood run cold. “WHAT? I’ve never even talked to you before! Before, before-” She seemed to cut off unnaturally and he could no longer hear her voice or see her. Marl was now far more greatly concerned, it seemed as if the Fey helping him was very detrimental to them. He had little time to think about this as when reaching for his head he accidentally poked himself in the eye, his third eye. The Fey’s bite had healed into a new eye and the blood spilled had altered his other eyes as well.

0