CH 0 – Preface
220 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seraphine, a world of magic, where the gods are somewhat actively involved. Lives four races—Humans, Demihumans, Demons and Monsters.

Even though people are aware of the presence of gods they have never seen them nor have they ever heard of anyone meeting a god.

There are ancient records depicting the time when gods used to live in this world along with the mortals, helping them with their daily lives.

As time passed, the gods left Seraphine to go live in Paradise. It was to let the mortals grow by themselves. Since a flower grown in a greenhouse can't overcome a heavy storm.

According to the records, there are good gods and there are evil gods. 

The evil gods enjoy seeing the world suffer so they create troubles for the mortals living in Seraphine in the form of natural disasters, dungeons, monster stampedes, etc.

To overcome the difficulties created by the evil gods, the good gods decided to help the mortals by bestowing them with gifts called 'Skills' and to manage those skills, they provided an assistant in the form of a 'System'.

...

Seraphine is still far behind in technology and with different races living together, it is quite chaotic.

Compared to the other races, humans are born weak. To make it worse, the other races awaken Skills as soon as they are born. On the other hand the humans have to wait for their coming of age ceremony.

At the age of 15, after the children are baptized in a church they receive a 'Status Window' with a specific 'Class' and 'Job' along with corresponding Skills and Stats. The Class and Job, very much decides the fate of a person as they increase one's stats drastically.

For the other three races, there are no concepts of Class or Job.

...

There are six types of Classes—Warrior, Magic, Support, Ranger, Rogue and Non-Combat.

There are millions of Jobs under each Class which are divided into different grades according to their potential. These divisions were decided by the people themselves.

Common jobs like Labor, Barber, Cleaner, etc. are called Trash Grade Jobs. Merchant, Astronomer, Doctor, etc. are called Low Grade Jobs.

 Swordsman, Spearman, Brawler, etc. are called Mid Grade Jobs and the High Grade Jobs consist of jobs like Battle Mage, Sword Master, Spear Master, etc.

Incomparable to the other jobs, the Zero Grade Jobs have unlimited potential. This job grade consists of jobs like Hero, Saint, Paladin, etc.

The Skills you receive depends on the Job you have.

There are seven known ranks for Skills—Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Unique, Legendary, Mythic.

Among these seven, Unique Rank skill is quite a peculiar skill. The skills marked as Unique Rank can have the ability of any of the other six ranks. It can be a skill equivalent to a Common Rank skill or it can be a skill on par with a Mythical Rank skill.

Also, every person in the world has their own Unique Rank skill. There cannot exist two same Unique Rank skills. Though it's different for other skill ranks. For example, different people can have the same Common Rank or Legendary Ranks skills.

Now coming to the Stats, there are different types of stats, some stats which show up in the Status Window and some which are hidden. The only way for people to find out about the Hidden Stats is when their information pops up in the notification window of the Status Window.

These are some of the Visible, Hidden and Support Stats known to the people along with their abbreviations—

Visible Stats (these stats show up in the Status Window) :

Vitality(VIT), Mana Points(MP), Divine Points(DP), Strength(STR), Intelligence(INT), Dexterity(DEX), Agility(AGI), Endurance(END).

Hidden Stats (These stats doesn't show up in the Status Window) :

Attack(ATK), Magic Attack(MATK), Defence(DEF), Magic Defence(MDEF), Critical Chance(CRIT), Critical Damage(CDMG), Physical Penetration(PEN), Magical Penetration(MPEN), Attack Speed(ASPD), Casting Speed(CSPD), Luck(LUK).

Support Stats (These stats show up in the Status Window) :

Vitality Recovery Rate(VRR), Mana Recovery Rate(MRR), Divine Points Recovery Rate(DPRR).

At every level up, people acquire 10 Stat Points(SP), these stat points can only be allocated into the Visible Stats.

There is also a chance that some people may acquire Unique Stats which are totally different from the masses.

We should now look into the lifestyle of the four races.

The Monster Race which has the most population lives just like their name, like a monster, without any manners. They have low intelligence so they live quite a simple life. They eat, they sleep and they reproduce. Thanks to this simple consistent lifecycle, their population keeps on increasing in vast numbers making it hard to adjust in a small territory. Therefore the reason for their trespassing into the territories of the other races.

The second most population is of the Humans and Demons, both are quite cunning and intelligent races. They fear the strong and prey on the weak.

With the least population, the Demihumans like to live in peace. But the ones who love peace are the ones who suffer the most. Due to their special characteristics; like the Elf species of the Demihuman Race are quite often hunted down by the other three races.

This world has the concept of levels. As one's level grows their power grows. And to gain levels they have to accumulate experience points. And to farm experience points, they have to kill.

This is also one of the major reasons there exists hostility among the four races. Though due to the presence of strong individuals in each race the chances of an all out war is quite slim.

4