Chapter 33
270 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey bae hurry up, you don't want to be late for your own premiere, do you?" I shouted the question up towards the stairs.

My home was fairly the same as it was three years ago, but there were a few changes. Mostly to the security system, gate, fences, and the garage.

"I'm coming, don't rush me." My wife yelled down the stairs.

"Sir, the car is ready." A man in a black and white suit said to me.

He was around my height standing a little above six feet tall, but he had a wide build. His name was Joe, and he worked as my bodyguard. I had to hire him after the break-in two years ago, and for my family's own safety. I had to think about more than just me.

"Ok. We'll be out in just a moment, Joe."

Joe, my bodyguard nodded his head and walked away.

"Let me take him sir, it is almost time for him to go to sleep." An older woman with long black hair said as she came from my right side.

She was Beth, the caretaker for our child when we were busy. Which was most of the time, but we tried to be in our child's life as much as possible.

I kissed my son on the forehead as I passed him to Beth. He was one and a half, but it was easy to see he picked up a lot of his mother's features.

Thinking about her, I heard the sound of her heels hitting the floor.

She wore a tight fitting black dress with a silver bracelet. It was not anything meant for its design, as the design of the dress was simple. But, it was really nice on her.

She normally had blonde hair but it was dyed red now, due to her role in her film. It was not long, but it was curled.

She smiled at me with her red full lips, and I smiled back.

"You look amazing!" I compliment her.

"Thanks." She said as she came down the stairs.

She saw our son and gave him a kiss.

"Hopefully we can leave early. I want to see him sleep before we go to bed."

"You know how these things go. We'll probably end up being caught up in interviews at the end. I'm not even a part of your movie, but I have a feeling they'll still want to talk to me."

I said.

Me and my wife walked out of the door and towards the car. Joe opened the door for us and we slid inside the backseat.

"That's because you've had a successful franchise going. The Dakotaverse has really turned into something special. But even then, you've announced a Need for Speed film, which is leaving many people wondering what it will be about. Not to mention your game releases next month."

I nodded.

"Yeah, we've had some good luck so far. Our animation department has been on a roll lately, but some of the productions just don't seem to catch well over here. In other parts of the world they are doing well, but that's just that."

"I wouldn't worry about it too much. Although they aren't the number one most viewed animations here, they ate still bringing in a profit."

I nodded.

"They are. But today is your day, so how are you feeling?"

I asked her.

She smiled. "I feel great. If this film does well like the last one, I'm hoping they greenlight the production of my own solo film."

"The film your studio released on Rocket has stirred everyone up, especially the newest installment. Giving her a pivotal role in all of this really meant something. And seeing the success of the film has made the higher ups think a bit differently."

"Well yeah, I was hoping it would have an effect. But the credit isn't due to the studio, it's all because of the writers and actors. Milestone did a great job at fleshing out her story, and we have a top notch actor portraying the character. Even then, the first movies release did not generate as much as the latest one." I responded.

The first films release was a hit, but Icon's film made 643 million dollars at the box office. While Rocket's first film only had 336 million.

The reviews were nice but she just couldn't generate enough hype as her partner did. It was not until after their duo film did that begin to change, as she started to gain more of a fanbase.

Now with the release of her second solo movie, her box office numbers were much higher. Having made 545 million dollars.

Compared to Static however, it was lacking. He was popular and the audiences favorite. His movie was the only one that surpassed 1 billion dollars at the box office so far. Which was saying something.

Marvel was just beginning their cinematic universe, having released a few films here and there.

An anomaly that wasn't supposed to happen but did was DC started putting together their own cinematic universe. Which was something that never really happened in my time, but had a lot of news about it happening at some point.

Both their brands were well established, but my studio already had a plan in motion. We were way ahead of them, and soon they would be shocked by the twist that we would pull.

We made it to the premiere and Joe opened the door for us. I got out first, followed by my wife.

It did not take long before the pictures were being took.

"Alex, this way!"

"Turn this way for a better shot!"

"Scarlett can you pose?"

We were on the red carpet for ten minutes just taking pictures. Some were taken with her co-stars but the majority were the two of us together.

"Alex, a comment or two if you would."

Some guy asked with as he leaned over the rail. I nodded and walked over towards him.

"How do you feel about Scarlett playing a pivotal role in Marvel's cinematic universe?"

"It's perfectly fine. After the premiere I'm sure that everyone can agree there's no better person to play Black Widow. We are all making movies to bring everyone the most entertainment. I don't see it as anything but that."

"What about the news of DC starting up their own cinematic universe? Knowing that these two have copied your style, doesn't it bother you?"

I laughed at this. Mostly because I actually took this idea from Marvel.

"Not in the least bit. Someone once said no one cares if it's a copy, as long as it is better than the original."

Scarlett approached me after I said that and we headed inside.

5