Chapter 39
126 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

KingdomCome was doing well in most of the regions. It was popular in the east as they had the most people playing and streaming the game. The number hovered above two million, a staggering amount.

There were many Chinese people that posted on the forums, but I never read them. Simply because I couldn't read or speak Chinese. I had a feeling they wanted servers in their region as well.

The few that did play were connected to the server in Taiwan as there was a lot less pressure there than the mainland.

The North American servers and Eurpoean ones had five hundred thousand players playing. A lot of them quit the game saying that they refused to play with the market system. Even if everything else was well done, the way the marketplace was setup annoyed them.

People that spent money ended up buying rare items on the marketplace for high prices. Those that felt it was unfair complained but did not seem to understand that they had the ability to make money from this.

There were already streamers who sold rare items and materials only to pocket the money. Being able to make money while gaming was everyone's dream. Now that it was realized people didn't seem to like it.

Guess it would take fifteen years before the west finally caught on. The system we built wasn't even bad in my eye. But it seemed to be the worst in the players.

Same couldn't be said for eastern players. They were already adapted to these type of environments. Taking out the middleman called gold selling sites helped.

Not that it mattered since we decided early on to make coins drop at a fixed rate. It was hard to earn a gold coin, but in time it would become easier.

The most expensive item I saw was a wand that was part of a healing set. It was a hundred gold, which was three hundred dollars going by the current market price. One gold was equal to three dollars.

With the ability to cash in the premium currency you'd earn from selling the item, you can cash out for real money. We took thirty percent of it but it was still a good way to earn money.

I rubbed my chin as I gazed at the screen. Someone knocked on my door and when I looked up I noticed it was Eric. I waved for him to come in.

"The numbers are looking good." He said with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, we are doing fine. You have something to report?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "No. Not anything important. It's just my clan has been trying to fight Diana - The Vengeful Justice."

I cracked a chuckle.

"It's nothing to laugh about. We created her and even had a hard time dealing with her. My clan wiped five times before giving up."

"She's a real monster. Honestly I haven't seen anyone kill a world boss as if yet. Most of the region bosses have gone unkilled as well." I told him.

This was due to the mechanics the bosses had, along with the players having no indication of where the skill would land. You had to watch the boss in order to see what skill it would use, and even then you had to dodge. If I had to compare the boss fights in the game then they were similar to Dark souls. It was challenging and fun but not too hard once you learned what to do.

Most of the time the world bosses had an instant kill ability. It would be a single target spell or an aoe, with the players having to find a way to stop it from happening. Sometimes it was just unstoppable.

"Honestly, I'm more interested in Kirin. He's the only boss that hasn't been discovered yet." Eric stated.

"They'll all be revealed in time. What do the people in your clan think of the game?" I asked.

"They like it, many of them used to play WoW. They tried PvP the other day but didn't seem to like it too much. It was too fast paced for them is what they said."

I could agree on that point.

"But there is a lot of interest in it."

"That's because your giving away five thousand to the first player to reach Apex."

"I just want to see who would reach it first. This also gives us an idea of what classes need more balancing in pvp. I've been keeping a close eye on things and if everything stays on pace we should be ready to make our league announcement." I told him.

My final goal for the game was the make it an esport. I just could not announce it on day one but wanted to wait a while in order to let people find builds and classes they enjoyed.

"I thought we were going to announce that next year sometime. Is it ok to move with such haste?" Eric asked me.

"The early bird catches the worm. "

4