Chapter 38: Reveal Your True Self
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three of them landed a short distance from the Kobold Lord. They all stared at the cloud of dust and waited for it to clear. The wind then suddenly blew the dust away and eventually revealed the outcome of the monster's attack.

Alecsia was still standing in the same spot. No wounds were visible. Not even a scratch on her clothes. But it was evident that the blade somehow passed through her, as it was directly on the ground beside Alecsia from the opposite side of the attack.

"W-what happened…? She's unhurt?"

Brittanya couldn't hide her shock as her eyes were opened wide while staring at Alecsia.

"Whatever she did, it's impressive. A healer we don't have to worry about, huh?"

Jaegar smirked as he too stared at Alecsia.

"It's… attacking… again…!"

Kryllo glared at the Kobold Lord as he took out his bow again from his back.

The large creature then turned its head and looked toward Jaegar and the others. As it tried to budge its blade off the ground, Brittanya and Kryllo dashed toward the Kobold Lord.

"Get away from there, Alecsia!"

Brittanya shouted as she went closer toward the monster.

But before the two of them could reach the Kobold Lord, the large monster was able to get the blade out of the ground. It had no time to fully raise the blade, so it just swung it sideways. The flat and wide side of the blade hit both Brittanya and Kryllo.

Brittanya shielded herself by blocking it with both her arms. Kryllo used his bow as a shield by holding the upper and lower limbs in each hand. They both flew in different directions. Brittanya fell into the river and made a big splash of water. Kryllo, meanwhile, got thrown in the forest and hit a large tree trunk. He got buried into the tree.

"No…!"

Alecsia saw what happened. She lost all her strength and her knees buckled. She slowly sat on the ground as her body trembled.

"What are you doing?! Get out of there already! I don't know what tricks you're doing but it's still dangerous!"

Jaegar shouted at Alecsia as he glared at her. His voice got the attention of the Kobold Lord. It started to walk toward him.

"R-run away… Just run away already!"

Alecsia screamed as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Run away? You've got to be kidding."

Jaegar turned his attention to the approaching monster. He smirked for a moment, and then jumped toward the Kobold Lord. In just an instant, he was already face to face with the monster. He let out a series of punches toward the creature's furry chest.

Unfortunately, the monster was able to use the wide side of its blade as a shield. It then pushed the blade forward, which also pushed Jaegar away. He used the flat side of the blade as a jumping point and flipped backwards. He landed on the ground just in front of the Kobold Lord.

"It seems you're not just some wild beast."

Jaegar pointed at the monster. The Kobold Lord snorted and seemed to had smiled at Jaegar.

The Kobold Lord then swung its blade backward with its right hand and simultaneously dashed toward Jaegar. The monster was quicker than it was moments ago. The Kobold Lord then swiftly swung its blade forward, aiming for Jaegar's upper body.

As the blade was about to reach Jaegar, he jumped up and went over the Kobold Lord, landing behind it. He quickly then got off the ground and aimed to punch the back of the monster's head.

Suddenly, the Kobold Lord twisted its body and punched the area behind its head with its free hand. Jaegar shielded the punch by using his left arm. He got thrown a short distance but was able to break his fall with his two feet.

"Oh, so you're not just strong and quick. You've got brains too, huh? This should be interesting."

Jaegar stood straight and stared at the Kobold Lord. In return, it snickered with a somewhat deep voice.

"Well, let me make a declaration. You'll never get to hit me again."

Jaegar placed his hands on his waist and smirked at the large creature. The Kobold Lord then let out a hearty laugh, as if it understood what Jaegar just told it.

"I promised that bearded old man I wouldn't do this, but I've been getting my ass handed to me lately. I just need to let out some frustration. Well, it's not like I'm going to tell him anyway."

Jaegar let out a sigh. Then, he started to undo the clips on his chest armor, gauntlet and greaves. He dropped the armor pieces on the ground. All that remained on his body was a tightly-fitting chain mail that covered up to his whole arm and legs.

Alecsia was watching the whole time as she was sitting on the ground.

"What is he doing…? Why is he removing his protection from the monster's attacks…?"

She murmured to herself as tears continued to flow down her cheeks.

"Ah! It's been a while since I've gotten to let loose like this. Well, I hope you're ready—"

Before Jaegar could finish talking, the Kobold Lord quickly dashed and closed the distance between it and Jaegar. The monster had its blade pointed directly at Jaegar, and then thrusted it toward him once it was close enough to hit Jaegar.

Another cloud of dust burst out once the blade hit the ground. There were also pieces of the ground that flew up in the air, showcasing the power behind the Kobold Lord's attack.

"What's the matter? Getting tired already? You have to let me have my fun since I broke my promise to that meddling old man."

Jaegar was already standing behind the monster. He was yawning loudly. The Kobold Lord turned its head to look at Jaegar as it grunted loudly.

The large monster then turned around and swung its blade. The creature brought the blade upwards and slashed downward to where Jaegar was standing. Suddenly, Jaegar was already standing beside it. The Kobold Lord turned its head sideways at him and swung its large blade toward the same direction. The blade only made a strong gust of wind as it hit nothing.

The blade was now in a horizontal position while in the monster's hands. It was pointed in a direction away from the creature's body. The Kobold Lord searched in front of it to locate where Jaegar was.

"Where are you looking at? I'm right here."

Jaegar was now standing on the flat side of the wide blade. Upon hearing this, the Kobold Lord swung his sword to shake Jaegar off of it. Then, seconds later, Jaegar was already standing in front of the monster.

"I'm getting bored with this. Maybe I didn't need to do this in the first place? Oh well, I guess I'll finish this now. I don't want to show this to the others as much as possible."

Jaegar scratched the back of his head, and then he glared at the Kobold Lord. The huge monster then let out a loud howl that rang throughout the clearing.

"Shout all you want. You're finished, anyway."

Jaegar then disappeared from where he was standing at. The Kobold Lord frantically looked around its surroundings. Then, something hit the back of its knee that caused it to kneel on one knee. Suddenly, other parts of its body started to get hit one after the other. All the other joints in its body then got gruesomely bent backwards.

As this was happening, the Kobold Lord let out loud screams of pain. Its body then started to awkwardly move and shake, as if it was being hit simultaneously at different parts with such force. The grip it had on its blade loosened. Then, its hand got hit and the blade flew upward in the air, circling along the way.

After just a few moments, the Kobold Lord's whole body was battered and bruised. Its face was bloodied as it had its tongue hanging sideways from its mouth. The forceful attacks had already stopped. The monster was breathing heavily; its arms and legs limp.

"I finally got that out of my system. I feel refreshed!"

Jaegar then appeared behind the monster and walked away from it as he stretched his arms upward.

Then, the blade that was circling up in the air finally came down and it struck directly into the Kobold Lord's chest, piercing it through and through. The body of the Kobold Lord then fell sideways toward the ground. It made a weak thud as it hit the ground.

Jaegar walked toward Alecsia. He stood in front of her while looking down at Alecsia. She looked up at him with her jaw slacked. All the tension in her body had disappeared as she was slumped on the gorund.

"W-what… did you… just do…?"

Alecsia had difficulty speaking straight as she stared at Jaegar.

"So, who's weak again?"

Jaegar smirked as he offered his hand to help Alecsia get up.

1