Ch7 Student Instructors, P7
65 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Student Instructors (7)

~7.7~

*****

That night…

“What are you thinking, Shi-chan?” Alethea asked. She was sitting on the edge of the bed in nothing but her underwear and brushing her hair. Kye just stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around her. She had just taken a shower, but her mind was elsewhere and it was clear on her face.

“Hmm?” Kye looked up. “What’s up?”

“What are you thinking? You’ve got a pretty serious look on your face.”

“I’m just trying to piece everything together.” She stepped over to the dresser, fished out a set of underwear, dropped her towel, and quickly put them on. She flipped her hair back, revealing her now bra-covered, shapely breasts to her pink-haired partner.

Alethea jumped up, ran over to her, and pressed her own breasts against the blonde’s. “Hehe, still the same size!”

Kye giggled as she backed her partner up to the bed. She smiled as she pinned Alethea on the bed. They looked into each other’s eyes for a moment before sharing a long, passionate kiss. “I love you.”

Alethea smiled brightly as the two rose up. “And, I love you.”

Kye’s smile soon turned sour, and she looked down. She grabbed Alethea’s hand and squeezed lightly.

“Shi-chan?”

Kye shook her head. “Not that name. Not right now. Maya, love.”

Alethea picked up on what Kye was saying. “Eli, love, what’s wrong?”

“How is it that all four of us are together in this life?” She looked back up at Alethea. Her face had a mix of sadness, guilt, and somber emotions. “And there are others.”

Alethea pulled Kye into a hug and held the blonde’s face to her chest. “Love, please tell me what’s bothering you.”

“So many people in this world are people I’ve known in various past lives. Louise is one from my life as Elise Arbell. You recall the story?”

Alethea nodded. “Yes. Elise was among your hardest lives.”

“Louise was there. My little brother and sister, Zen and Yami, were there. Alaira was there. Rika and Luka were from Catherine Lancet’s life. Liliana and Aliana were from both. Every single royal in our generation was from one or more of my most difficult past lives. Allison has a soul that’s so nostalgic, too. I can’t place a name with her soul, though. It’s like… I remember it from… before.”

“Athas? Do you think she’s immortal?”

Kye nodded. “Yes. I do. Her soul isn’t as dense with memories as ours, but it’s far more dense than the mortals. She lived a very long time, that much is clear to me. James is mortal, but he shares something in common with every other name I’ve spoken. All of them have unnaturally dense souls for mortals, as if they are carrying memories of past lives, which shouldn’t be possible.”

“What about Suzuka? You haven’t mentioned her at all. You haven’t spotted her soul, have you?”

Kye shook her head. “No. I haven’t seen Suzuka since our final day as Shiori and Sayaka, but that’s something that’s been on my mind, too. If we’ve seen so many loved ones here already… will this be the life that we’re finally reunited with Suzuka?”

Alethea winced slightly. “Maybe it will be.”

“Love, if I asked you to try… to use…” Kye couldn’t get the words out. She knew how big of an ask it was and didn’t want to make Alethea uncomfortable, no matter how much she wanted to ask.

“Love, you don’t have to ask.” Alethea smiled at her. “If you want us to try, not use a third party, I’ll try. Despite this…” she cleared her throat, “thing causing me so much grief, if it’s for the sake of us having children, I can handle it.”

“Just don’t push yourself.” Kye leaned in and kissed her partner again. “We just have to wait until our eighteenth birthday.”

Alethea nodded. “That’ll give me plenty of time to get mentally prepared.”

*****

  Michelle >> Doran and I are no longer exclusive.
  Draenara >> What happened? Tell me everything!
  Michelle >> You know Kye Akari and Alethea Atlantis?
  Draenara >> No way! Are you for real?
  Michelle >> They’re like us…
  Draenara >> Oh, I see. Are they the two you told me about before?
  Michelle >> Yeah. I… I never imagined we’d all be put together again like this. Do you remember what I told you about the civilization before? Of Athas?
  Draenara >> Yes. As promised, I haven’t spoken of that to a soul, not even my sister. Kye and Alethea are from Athas?
  Michelle >> Yes. The four of us had a happy life together for a long time. Kye… Elysia…
  Draenara >> What’s wrong, Mimi?
  Michelle >> The sacrifices that were made… they were great. Elysia made the biggest sacrifice, and even now she carries that burden without even knowing why. She doesn’t remember that life. She remembers the people from that life, but…
  Draenara >> Hon, the important part is that you are reunited.
  Michelle >> Yes. I’m so happy to be with them again.
  Draenara >> I’m happy for you, sweetie.
  Michelle >> Alethea was very unset when she found out. Adele is supposed to be a girl, and Alethea…
  Draenara >> So you know Alethea is transgender.
  Michelle >> Yes, but it’s… a little deeper. The four of us were women in our first life, and I’ve been female in every life since then. Adele said she was occasionally born male. Maya said she has never been born male until now. Elysia has never been male. Our very souls are female. If you enter our soul worlds and meet the real us, you would see.
  Draenara >> That’s what it means to be transgender. Biological hiccups are uncommon, but they exist. The fact that you’ve lived so many millions of lives and have never been born male is incredible. It is unfortunate that Adele and Maya were born male in this life, but that just means we need to support them with all our hearts.
  Michelle >> On that note, Adele told us the real reason why she is delaying her full transition.
  Draenara >> I see. It’s not a good case. We’re slowly making progress, but these nobles are illogically stubborn.
  Michelle >> Alethea told her mother.
  Draenara >> Atalante already knew what we’re doing. But I suppose now that the lot of you know, it might be time to reevaluate things. We’ll discuss this more tomorrow in Atlantis. Atalante told me she has summoned the four of you. She’s summoned us, too.
  Michelle >> Okay. I’m going to get some sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow, Mom. I love you.
  Draenara >> Love you, too, sweetie. Rest well.

Maybe soon…

*****

Several weeks later, at the end of March…

“You’re going?” asked a certain rainbow haired and eyed woman. She was sitting on a white stone throne atop a white stone platform hovering amongst a sea of stars.

In front of her was a white-haired girl wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, and a long, unbuttoned coat. She had a very large katana, or odachi, at her hip hanging on a strap and moveable, rather than fixed at her hip with a sash or belt. The strap hung the sword in a resting position at her left hip, and the strap went over her right shoulder. “Yes. I will evaluate things in person.”

“Be honest.”

The white-haired girl scoffed. “Fine. I want to see my sister.”

*****

Revision 12-5-2023

3