Warlock 7
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’d been running for nine days now. My stunt in the forest bought me the first six, but after that it appeared the cultists and the Fey were working in concert. I had really hoped one side would kill the other, but the cultists leader must have been smarter than average and talked it out. I’d begun to notice groups of people moving unnaturally quick and unerringly on my tail, seeming to pop up out of nowhere and spill forth from the forests. Burning them as I ran through became my new plan of attack, the reckless chaos giving me a chance to escape. The unfortunate side effect being that I began to notice the smell of brimstone more often, and glance imps and other demons joining the pursuing groups.

All three of my patrons now knew where I was, which wasn’t ideal. Even less ideal was the thought of them all working together to take me down. Desperation was the only thing fueling me, throat parched from lack of water, eyes gritty from lack of sleep. Hope renewed on that tenth day when I crested a hill and noticed the glowing wards and pristine walls of the Theocracy's only natural entrance Althar's Gate nestled into the valley between mountains.

My body seemed to become lighter, my legs moving faster, as I made a break for it. Shouting as loud as I could I tried to get the attention of someone, anyone, to help me. My tunnel vision proved to be my downfall as I felt something hit me from the side. I tumbled downhill, coming to a stop and only vaguely aware of the horrible pain in the ribs. Imps circled the skies overhead, chattering in the guttural tongue, the tone obviously condescending. The rustle of robes and clink of armor sounded around me forming a circle I couldn’t escape.

“As promised, the demons will get their pound of flesh first. Then your god will get his mind. Everything else we will take. I think the monstrosity he’ll become will make a wonderfully curious pet for our Lady.”

Tears would have poured from my eyes if I had any moisture left. Glancing towards the gate I saw the doors opening ponderously, a force ready to sally forth and defeat the foul creatures on their doorstep. I tried summoning some power, any power at all, to buy the time needed for them to get here, but my body shuddered and mind recoiled at the effort. I had nothing left. This was the end of the road.

The demons came first, blades hacking into me. Screams racked my body as they removed parts of it, fire and healing potions the only thing keeping me alive. Their butchery toed the line to artistry, and when they were done I barely resembles a man anymore. I felt someone grab my head, my remaining eye seeing the cultist leader begin to chant in a language that tore into my mind. I felt the great and terrible presence again, forcing what was left of my body to go rigid with pain.

MINE! The voice tore through my meager defenses, and I felt what was left of me tremble like a candle in the wind. MINE! It shouted again, and the candle snuffed out. I felt my head get released, and sanity fled with my consciousness. My last thought was not my own, placed there by another alien presence.

“You will abide our Ladies commands. You shall be as a pet to her, and serve as a warning against all those who think they can steal from the Fey.”

My self sputtered out, and only pleasure filled me as they placed the collar on my neck. I was going to see my lady today. I was going to be a good pet for her. I was going to do her proud.

And the warlock is done. This is the end of my pre-written parts. Bard is next, and I'll be adding chapters as i write them. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading!

0