Chapter 1: The beginning
45 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just to be clear, school already started so updating any of my stories is gonna take a while. While for this particular story, I just got some kind of inspiration and wanted to write this one down.

Multiversal Invasion

Millions of years ago, a strange white liquid lifeform floating around in space developed sentience, and quickly after that, has started to infect worlds upon worlds. Millions of light-years away, a highly advanced station was floating around in space, but then, the alarms blared, the station took notice of the life forms and tried to eliminate the threat. Keyword 'tried', as soon as they attacked it, they were devoured and infected, they became grotesque, body parts in random areas and most of their body was melting, they were then turned into one of them. Hearing the cries and screams of the fallen soldiers, the higher-ups labeled them as a RED life form.

RED life forms are species that are destructive and has the capabilities to destroy entire galaxies or even a universe. They named them, Apocalypse, as unoriginal as that is.

To prevent Apocalypse from infecting more worlds, they started a counter attack, using divine energy to hurt and possibly destroy them completely. Divine Energy can only be obtained once in a millennia, and only small amounts of it were obtained, so using this as a sort of weapon would be highly inefficient but that was the only way they could harm Apocalypse. 

They did try and search for a better alternative for Divine Energy, but that was all for nought as the search soon came up with nothing.

Thousands of years passed, they were still at war, casualties were inevitable as the resistance was falling apart one by one, their own universe was crumbling as we speak. The Apocalypse had already infected 98% of the Universe, all of their Divine Energy was used up, they did expect it to be used up sooner or later but not this early so the resistance was taken by surprise once the news was broadcasted all over the stations placed all around the universe.

Once it did happen, one by one, the stations and the resistance fell. More and more were taken and now there are only a few ones left before the whole universe is infected.

To have an idea of how big a universe is, just imagine your world in a galaxy, you couldn't find or see your own earth, then why not take it up a notch by looking at your universe. Do take note that a universe contains billions of galaxies, so even if it's 98% of the universe, there would still be millions or thousands of galaxies left for the resistance.

At the main base of operations, a tall man was looking intently at the screen that was projecting their own universe, surrounding him were high tech instruments connected to a large machine. At the screen, large amounts of red could be seen surrounding a small amount of green in the center of the universe.

The man sighed as he rubbed his forehead. They were losing, it was inevitable once their only source of energy to counter attack depleted, but before he could continue his rambling inside his mind, his thought process was cut off as a man barged in the room while having an expression of terror.

"S-sir! Commander Ross sir!" he did a quick salute before continuing. "We received a message from Station C-672!" The agent was holding a small card, which Ross looked at with a worried expression.

With a sense of foreboding he took the card from the agent before dismissing him. Tapping onto it's surface, the card then beeped three times before a holographic screen appeared in its place.

"Commander Ross... I have some good news and terrible news..." A woman, as tall as Ross, wearing a military uniform, was holding a sad expression on her face with a smile. From the holographic message, he could see that the place she was in was burning and could hear alarms blaring as sounds of laser shots and screaming was heard outside the room she was currently in.

"Well... From our time together I could tell you want the terrible news first" She chuckled as she bend down from the screen and took a few papers from the desk nearby her. Which earned her a small bitter laugh from the commander.

"From the info we gathered here" She tapped the papers on her hand. "The apocalypse launched an attack towards the base of operations, they would reach you in at least 5 days or so" she appeared pensive for a moment before looking towards the screen.

"Assuming that my message reached you in at least 2 days, you have 3 days left to fortify the base..." She became silent as the only sound that was heard in the holographic message were the burning equipment around her and the screams of men which were getting lesser and lesser.

"As for the good news, the scientists now finished up the complete version for Project: Insignia!" She cheered as her smile grew a bit. Before it fell moments after, there were no more screaming outside the room as all he can hear was something hitting the reinforced door. "You know... After all of this, let's have a drink later... Ju-" that was as far as the message goes as a large humanoid creature barged in and opened it's jaws towards her, then it closed, the message glitched out a bit.

The message then closed on its own. Ross looked at the card in his hand as he traced his fingertips on it. Looking at the card with a solemn expression for a few more moments, he then stashed the card into his pocket as he headed towards the door while a tear fell from his face.

Opening the door, he walked towards a classified room, and when he got in, Ross took a small sniff of the rose scented air. Letting out a sigh, he looked around as thousands of scientists were at their own cubes working on something, he called one of the nearby scientists.

"Initiate Project: Insignia" That was all the scientist had to hear as his face went from 0-100. After nodding quickly, he then ran off onto the far distance as Ross looked onto his left. Standing there was a screen showing various percentages which he didn't really understand. Taking out the card from his pocket, he tapped it once again then it beeped three times before showing a screen full of numbers and letters.

He looked around the screen for the information containing the date of when the message was made and the time it took to reach the main base. So they could know when the Apocalypse would reach them.

Browsing each portion of the screen, Ross then found the information he was looking for. Tapping it to largen the information, he found out it was made 3 days ago, so they only had 2 more days left. Looking at the screen, Ross had an uneasy expression as he quickly took out his communication device.

"Attention, all higher-ups please be present in today's meeting. I repeat, all higher-ups please be present in today's meeting, thank you"

2