18 | With These Hands (이 손으로)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Are you gunna eat that?”

Jaesung looked on with disbelief as Feng grabbed a piece of cheese pizza from his plate and shoved it into his mouth. “Why did you even ask if you were going to take it, anyway?!”

“Wbaht?” He said between bites.

“Don’t you have any table manners? At least chew with your mouth closed! That’s disgusting.” He had just gotten to Vince’s place, only to have to deal with this. He could feel a migraine coming, the sharp pain in the middle of his forehead worsening.

“You don’t even like pizza,” said Feng. He leaned out of his chair and went to grab another one. “Hey, ow!”

Jaesung batted his hand away. “Look at you! Leave some for me! You act like you’ve never eaten a day in your life.”

“Have you seen how skinny he is?” added Trace.

“Dude, have you looked in the mirror lately?” Jett grabbed his arm are wrapped his fingers around his wrist. “You’re tiny.”

“I’m an average weight for my height. According to wiki—”

The loud sound of the front door slamming shut made them all shut up. Clunky footsteps entered the kitchen, a familiar face making its way to where the group gathered. Jett quickly let go of Trace and found somewhere to sit, while Feng continued to chomp away on his food.

Vince's long awaited arrival meant the meeting could begin.

Looking around, Jaesung wanted pull all of his hair out in irritation. Feng had a slice of pizza dangling from his mouth, and Jett was staring at Trace, who had his arms crossed, glaring at the tattooed blonde.

After releasing an obnoxiously loud sigh, Vince spoke. “Guys, I need you to do me a favor.”

Attention now on the Chief, they all abandoned what they were doing. It sounded like it was time for business.

“Anything for you, boss,” said Jett. “Something going on?”

Vince drew out a chair for himself, arms folded in front of him. “There’s a dealer we normally do business with downtown. He’s a key supplier for us. The report from the higher ups is whatever he’s been supplying, it’s putting our boys into a coma.“

“A coma? How do they know it’s from the drugs? Seems like a stretch.” Jett played with a piece of his hair, curling it around his finger.

“Wait, this sounds familiar. I think something like this happened a few years ago, right?”

Jaesung was always surprised when Feng flipped a switch and turned serious, but it also showed him that while he was a jokester, he was far from stupid.

“They never found out what happened the first time it came around, but now it’s back. This time it’s killing our men.” Vince stroked his beard in thought.

Trace’s ears perked up. “I’ve heard of this before. That doesn’t explain why the Maniaco would want us involved, though. It’s not like any of us have ever done anything more than debt collecting.”

“I received word from the main family that we’re to handle this mess,” said Vince. “No questions. Just do it.”

Jaesung was out of the loop. Were the big wigs thinking this had something to do with the other gang, the Pluvia? He considered that there was more to the story, knowledge he wasn’t privy to. His gaze settled on Vince.

“And where do we come in?”

Vince grimaced. “Clean up duty.”

Jaesung's heart sank. The pieces of the puzzle suddenly fit together, making it impossible to believe it was a mere coincidence. He had a sinking feeling in his stomach, as if they were all just tiny pieces in a much larger, intricate game. Had Luca set this up from the start?

Jaesung swept his gaze around the room. One of them was going to have blood on their hands by the end of the night.

He had a hunch it would be him.

0