6 | Debt (빚)
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just who was this guy? He even had Chase apologizing. Normally, he’d kick the customer out and be done with it. Not to mention, the guy they called Luca had a piercing gaze that made Jaesung take a step back. Even though he wouldn’t admit it out loud, the man before him gave off an ominous vibe.

“My bad,” said Jaesung. He lifted his hands up to show he wasn’t a threat and slightly bowed his head. 

“My bad?” Luca repeated. There was a hint of irritation in his words.

“Yeah. It was an accident.” Who the hell did this dude think he was talking to? Jaesung didn’t like to throw the fact that he was part of the mafia in anyone’s face, but the prissy dude in front of him was annoying him. Maybe he would try to scare him a bit? 

Luca stared at himself, covered in powdered sugar, suit ruined. “You owe me a new suit.”

In Jaesung’s peripherals, he saw Chase holding Gael back. Feng smiled at their interaction like an idiot. All his stupid friend needed was a bag of popcorn and he could fully enjoy the shit show. 

“So, how much?” Like hell he was going to buy this asshole anything. 

“It doesn’t look like you can afford much.” Luca looked him up and down, sizing him up. The disgust he displayed toward Jaesung was so palpable it stung. “$20,000 should do.”

“Excuse me?” Jaesung about shit himself. “Who spends that much on a stupid outfit?”

“What’s wrong? Can’t afford it?” 

Before he could open his mouth and tell him what he was really thinking, Gael came rushing forward and latched onto Luca’s arm, pleading. “Please let this one go. He’s young and doesn’t know any better.”

“We will properly punish him for you,” said Chase. He moved to stand next to Jaesung. In one swift movement, Chase forced him to bow with a strength he didn’t know the owner possessed. His back cracked at the sudden shift.

“You’re going to do what?” What’s with that bullshit? Anytime he showed up to collect money from them, the couple danced around him until they could hold it off at least another month. When it came to Luca, they fawned at his feet. They might as well lick them while they’re down there!

“It’s fine.” Before Luca could say more, a ringing blared from his pocket. He put a finger up to shush them as he answered it. “You have ten seconds.”

Jaesung took the distraction to duck out of Chase’s hold on him, but the strength the guy held was immeasurable.

“Don’t you know who this is?” asked Chase. He whispered it, and Jaesung almost didn’t catch it.

“Uh, no? Should I?”

He looked at Jaesung with evident disappointment.

“I have to go.” Luca walked around the table and to Jaesung. Abruptly, and with no warning, he grabbed his chin and forced him to look his way. His nails dug into his skin. “I’ll remember you.”

Without another word, he took off.

0