An Offer
549 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maria woke the next day to a message on her phone letting her know that she has the next two weeks off on paid leave.

"Time to recover from the traumatic experience." She reads aloud, still half covered by her bed sheets.

Glad to have some time off, she is disappointed she won't have a chance to follow up with Olivia. The heated moment she had with Adam yesterday still lingers in her mind and Olivia is the only person who she can talk to about what's going on. Deciding to give her a call later, Maria gets up from bed and walks to Adam's bedroom door. She convinces herself to not masturbate in his room again, at least for now. Instead, she walks over to the kitchen, bare foot, wearing nothing but a long white t-shirt that hangs to the middle of her thigh and a light pink thong underneath. By the time Adam returns, breakfast is ready to serve.

"Hey, mom, it smells delicious in here." He says, hugging her from behind.

Maria can feel him press his pelvis into her ass, his body hot in hers. She lets out a quick sigh of contentment, as she hears him groan the harder he presses.

"Easy there, baby. How about we keep our breakfast dry?"

Adam chuckles, he lets her go and takes a seat on the table. They discuss the movie they watched the night before, disagreeing on the overall quality.

"I get to make dinner." Suggests Adam, getting up to put his plate in the sink. "I have to do certain things every day to raise my level."

"Like what?"

Adam walks over to pick up his mom's plate and begins to wash the dishes.

"House chores and stuff." He answers.

"I don't have anything else to do all day, can't I help?"

"What about work?"

Maria tells him about the message she received. Adam's eyes light up.

"That's great. We can spend more time together."

Maria laughs, a week ago she never would have expected her son to be this excited to spend time with her.

"What should we do?" He asks.

"How about we spend time at the beach?" Suggests Maria.

"Yeah, that's a great idea. Let me just go take a shower." Adam finishes cleaning the dishes then walks out of the kitchen, leaving Maria alone.

She thinks about giving Olivia a call, but is interrupted by a knock on the door. Still in her sleepwear, she cracks the door open. Hiding her body behind the door she peers her head out to see who it is.

She finds a young woman, about Adam's age, in a black suit, standing with her hands behind her back and a wide smile on her face.

"Hi, I'm Joy. I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about yesterday's events. Specifically about the young man that appeared next to you and took the gunman down."

"Um, this isn't really a convenient time." Says Maria warily.

Joy takes a step back and looks at the door Maria hides behind.

"Oh, I'm sorry for disturbing you this early. I promise I won't take long."

"Could you stop by a little later?" Pleas Maria.

Joy's smile fades away, replaced by an expression of utter confusion.

"Woah. Why wouldn't the Eternal Mother let me in your mind?" Asks Joy.

"What?"

Joy takes another step back and runs her eyes along the length of the wall outside Maria's apartment.

"There he is." She exclaims.

"Would it be alright if I have a word with your son?"

"I'm afraid he isn't here." Replies Maria.

"I have powers like your son."

Maria's eyes widen, she hesitates to respond.

"It's okay." Joy raises her hands, her smile reappearing. "I just need to talk to Adam about what happened yesterday."

"How did you-"

Before Maria can finish, Joy waves her hand at the wall. "Hi, I know you can see me. Come on out." She motions her hand, as if inviting someone over.

"Feel free to get dressed." She says to Maria. "Although I just need to speak to your son."

Without a word, Maria closes the door, just as Adam exits the bathroom.

"Who is that?" He asks.

"She said she has powers like you do." Responds Maria.

Adam rushes to his room and puts on some clothes as fast as he can. Maria also puts on a pair of jeans and they both meet back at the front door. Adam opens the door to find the dark haired girl still standing there.

"Hi, my name's Joy. Nice to meet you, Adam." She greets.

"How did you know my name?"

"I used Mind Gate on you. Mind if I come in?"

Adam turns to look at his mom, nearly distracted by the contour of her hips and thick thighs in the jeans she wears, they exchange looks of approval and let Joy in.

Joy takes a seat at the table, waiting for Adam and Maria to join her, she begins once they join her at the table. "I'm sorry for invading your privacy by looking through your mind, I recommend you get the mind block skill when you get the chance."

As Adam sifts through his skill menu, Joy continues to speak. "Maria, do you have any idea why the Eternal Mother would have an interest in protecting your mind?"

Maria shakes her head. "I don't even know who that is."

Joy goes silent for a second.

"So what do you want?" Blurts out Adam.

"Oh, right. Sorry, wasn't expecting to contact the Eternal Mother inside your mother's mind. I am a bit perplexed by the situation." Joy gives a sincere smile. "My job is to keep tabs on those given a system, to make sure they aren't making a mess of things or freaking out the public."

Maria tries to keep up with what was just said. She turns to Adam, noticing the concern in his face.

"How many more people with the Eternal system are there?" Asks Adam.

"Besides you and me, that we know of, three. They seem to be doing their own thing, like you, focusing on building harems and getting rich."

"So you're not here to apprehend Adam?" Asks Maria.

"No, just to make sure he wasn't out to conquer the world, or something. Also, I'm here to offer a job opportunity."

"What kind of job?" Adam grumbles.

"Like what I do. Keeping out-of-the-ordinary things away from the public eye. The Eternal System isn't the only thing out there worth worrying about."

"That sounds dangerous." Protests Maria.

Adam can't help but feel a rush of excitement. "Are we talking about controlling terrorism or managing insurgencies or something?"

Joy smiles. "Sort of. We handle all kinds of operations. Think more of like the men in black, but for all sorts of paranormal events." Explains Joy.

"I just got my system a few days ago. Do you think I can handle doing what you need me to do?" Wonders Adam, anxiously looking over to Joy.

"I would be taking you under my wing after a rigorous training course. If you pass our requirements then yes, I believe you will." Reassures Joy.

"If I pass?"

Joy nervously chuckles. "I should have been more clear. The training period works sort of as a trial period, you will recieve pay, bu if you don't pass, you would be let go."

Adam looks at his mother, she returns a worried expression.

"Don't feel rushed to answer. Take as long as you need." Joy gets up from her seat at the table and hands Adam her business card. "Call me at this number if you have any more questions." Then she smiles at Adam and leaves the flat as quickly as she had arrived.

After putting Joy's business card to his pocket, Adam turns back to his mom, waiting for her to say something.They exchange glances, wondering what the other is thinking.

"Mom, I think I'm going to give this a try." He states. "The worst that could happen is I fail and end up back here at square one."

Mariahhesitates, the lump in her throat nearly impedes her speech.

"Try." She clears her throat. "I mean, honey, I support you in everything."

She tries to sound supportive, despite having no idea how to express her true feelings. Concerned about his safety though, and desperate to keep him away from danger, she sighs heavily, throwing herself forward and embracing her son tightly. Adam wraps his arms around his mother in return.

A tense silence falls over the two of them as each one privately struggles with their thoughts. Unable to remain apart, they begin to kiss, softly at first, until lust overtakes and their tongues intertwine, they moan into each other's mouth. After several minutes of holding eachother tight, a happy feeling spreads within them. They break apart, panting heavily.

"Thank you, Mom. For supporting me and taking care of me." Says Adam.

The love between the two gives a warm feeling of home in which neither of them can deny.

6