Chapter 2 – Astrea
418 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The beast stared at her for a second as if it had found its food for the day. Living and surviving in the forest for so long, means that the beast experienced many dangers and survived for so long.

And the beast in front of her was one of the apex predators in the forest. Its eyes were locked on Arisu carefully while surveying its surroundings. With its years of experience, it was trying to ensure that the girl standing in front of her was all alone and not a trap that was set up to lure it..

In the past, the people who came here used their teammates as bait to lure enemies and expose their backs. And when they relax for a bit, it is where they will make their move and go for the kill without mercy.

One of the reasons why monsters are stronger than average humans is because they have more physical strength to crush their enemies. And depending on the species and type of the monsters, some have only strengths that are slightly above humans, while in rare cases, some have enough power to crush their enemies instantly.

Also, one of the most distinct features that differentiate humans and monsters is their characteristics and distinctive body features. While humans wear armors and weapons to cover and protect their bodies, on the other hand, monsters rely on their natural-born features.

Some monsters have scales as hard as steel to protect themselves from physical attacks like dragons, while some have fur to protect their selves from cold. While humans use their wits to solve and survive, monsters use and trust their senses to survive.

They have heightened senses far superior to humans in their sights, sound, smell, taste, and touch. One of the best examples was that monsters were sensitive to the blood of any living being. Some of them could smell the scent of blood even though they were far away from it.

Another was that some of them could see clearly at night as it was walked in the park, and others could see clearly several miles away from their place. As the beast trusts its senses, observing the surroundings, it determines that no others are nearby besides Arisu.

On the other side, Arisu was still standing without doing anything. She was staring at the sight of the beast in front of her. On the outside, it seems like Arisu was frozen and couldn't move due to fear, but she was not moving because she was analyzing and finding solutions to escape her current predicament.

Where did such a thing appear? What is this thing? It was out of the norm from what and where she knew. Living on a peaceful planet, she never dreamed of having this kind of event happening in her life. It was clearly that she was in danger.

She suddenly thought of many possible solutions in just a short time though there were not many she could think of to escape her current situation in the first place. And so she came up with only two possible solutions.

The first one was kind of unrealistic which is to defeat the beast in front of her. The second one was to run away and lead the beast astray. The second one sounds more realistic, but it's not sure that this will work out.

Not to mention, she didn't even know if she tried to run away would she be able to last a minute before the beast got to her. From how big the legs of the beast are, surely it will only take a few steps to reach Arisu.

Obviously, both choices were not good, but the one with a higher survival chance was the second one. As the beast slowly got closer to her, Arisu took a deep breath to calm herself. On her forehead, droplets of sweat started to appear, and in an instant, she took a one hundred eighty degree turn and ran in the opposite direction from where the beast was.

The beast laughed as if it was mocking Arisu and let her run away several meters, suggesting that the beast has little intelligence. It was enjoying itself in the current situation, just like a mouse trap in the paws of a cat. It was trying to rob Arisu's hope as it wanted to crush it and fill it with despair before enjoying its meal. After some time, the beast started to run and hunt her when it was confirmed that Arisu had already run a distance from it.

Arisu's legs don't know where it will take her; she runs in any direction she can think of while using her hands to block some of the plants in her way. Her heart was beating so fast that even she could feel and hear it while running.

She could feel her warm blood flowing through the veins of her body as she continued to run, and yet it was a surprise that she wasn't tired at all. Not only that, but Arisu was also running at speed a little faster than an ordinary person, yet she didn't realize it.

Maybe she was too focused on not becoming a meal from the beast chasing her. She followed the small narrow path thinking of using the trees on her path as a shield from the beast that was chasing her in her back.

Though her idea didn't work out, as the beast rammed the treest that were blocking its way toward Arisu without any mercy. The beast quickly followed Arisu, thinking it had already enough fun as it was going to finish its hunt.

It was about to strike and hack Arisu using its large paw when for an unknown reason, she felt that she needed to evade it as if her intuition gave her a signal.

She immediately jumped in front of her and dived through the ground, hitting a bit of her head.

The beast stopped moving and waited as it saw Arisu already in the ground. Arisu crawled while trying to get up when she realized that red liquid was flowing from her head down to her cheeks. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her head just like before after she woke up. She hears a voice coming from her head as if it was from a memory she forgot in the past. A flash of person suddenly came to into her mind, yet she couldn't fully recognize  it as it was too hazy.

SwCASeI.png

"As….TrEa…."

For an unknown reason, when she heard that voice, she felt a pain coming from her chest. Suddenly a surge of mixed feelings swirled inside her, and tears started to flow from her eyes without her realizing it.

She tried to endure the pain coming from her head and stand up. The blood coming from her head already reached her shoulder all the way to her hands while she was about to pass out any second from now on.

Feeling the warm sensation dripping from her hands to the ground, she looked at her hand with a puzzled expression on her face. Blood? One of her eyes became different as there is a marked engrave on it without her knowing it.

KG7PnkW.png

 

At that moment, a torrent of energy swirling around her rushed out, covering a twenty-meter radius in the vicinity that covered the area reducing it into nothing less. And when she was about to lose consciousness, something pop up in front of her.

Name: Astrea >>
Lvl: 999+
HP: 9999+
MP: 9999+

18