Chapter 4: Another meeting.
154 7 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Friend! You came back! Nice to see you again!”

Sally was smiling brightly. The slime, tightly hugged by her, could feel her mana waves expressing her joy. It knew she was happy to see it, but how could she know it was it? Its appearance should have changed from the last time they saw each other.

…maybe that’s not something to worry about right now, as this hug felt pretty good.

After a while, Sally released the slime and put it on the ground.

“So, you remember those flowers you gave me yesterday?  We had a spare vase in our living room, and I asked my parents if I could take it. They asked me for what, so I showed the flowers that you gave me, and they said yes! Now, those are all in the vase in front of the window in my room, you can see it from here!”

And sure enough, as she pointed with her finger were her bedroom his, you could see a bouquet of flowers from a window at the first floor of the house.

“They did ask me where I got the flowers tough, and I said you gave them to me, but they didn’t believe it, so I just said I found them near our front door. They accepted that but scolded me for going out when I’m grounded”

Sally pouted.

”But why can’t I go outside?! Why can’t I just not go in the forest? I know now it’s dangerous, so I wouldn’t go there yet! They don’t have to tell me not too! Uhm!”

Sally closed her arms; she was visibly angry. Her mana waves were telling that to the slime, but they were not as intense as those look alike and there was something else mixed in… what was it?”

But all that was cut out as her eyes widened.

“Hey, there was another plant that you gave me, and I also put it in the vase… but is that plant? My parents asked to see it from closer, so I gave it to them, and they didn’t talk for a while. They gave it back, but they had a weird look on their faces. What did you give me?”

Sally took a closer look at the slime.

The slime was giving her the look with its eyes misaligned so it could give a (?) sign.

“Ah, that’s right. You can’t talk…”

Sally looked away, before widening her eyes again and got closer to the slime.

”Hey, don’t you look different? What happened?”

The slime realized she just didn’t take attention to how it looked. Well, she didn’t really look at the slime for the whole time, or she was looking straight ahead, or she just briefly looked at the slime.

The slime, again, didn’t respond, as it couldn’t talk. It couldn’t tell her that it evolved. It searched for a way to express more things but couldn’t find another way.

Assistant?

[Yes, my host?]

How can I talk to Sally?

[Would you like the explanation or that I insert the information in your mind?]

Insert it please, I would like to reply to her as soon as possible.

[Understood.]

Sally stopped squinting her eyes and put some space between them, just the length of a pebble. She realized that the slime was thinking, as its eyes was looking down on the ground. She couldn’t know what it was thinking, so she just waited there.

The slime realized that and thanked her internally.

… I really can’t talk to her for a while, huh.

[It seems so, my host.]

In the brief moments that passed by, from all the information that gathered in its mind, it concluded [number] things:

-it could use wind magic to make sounds like a voice

-it could use the “shape-shifting” skill to make “vocal cords?"

-it could absorb a creature that could speak and learn a skill to take its shape

-it could possess something that talks with a skill

-…?

Is it normal that some information isn’t clear?

[Host doesn’t meet enough conditions to be able to access the information available.]

…Is it the same thing with how I can’t know where you are.

[…*stubble glitch sound*…]

[…Some information cannot be given, and for some others, it is because before a certain number of conditions are to be met, you cannot know anything about certain information. [Ļ̶̡̡̡͕̬̱̣̮̦̤̦̳͙̺̝̱͔̱̘̠̻̤̖͖͖̪̮̩̭̻̄̀̽̿͂͜ͅA̴̡̧̢̢̘̜̥̙̯̟̘̘̬̗͉̰͕̥̬͙̤̠͈̲̦͖̺̟̪͎̲̠̣̞͍̗͇͈͗̆͋͂̅́̃́͒͐̅̐́̀̓̂̒̑̚͝W̷͕̙͓͉̳̺͈̉̐̓͋̎̃̄̿̿̈́͛̅̍̌̃̚̚͘̚͝͝S̷̝̦͕͓̱̍ ̶̡̧̡̙̮̮̮̱̯͚̥͈̦̻̘̠̟͖̰͇̩͓͓̪̟͈͍͙̠̫͌́͐̾͑͋͆͜͜͜͜Ǫ̷̡̢̧̖͔̰͈̮̖̝̺̱̖̺̺̣͓̞̫̻̦̳͉̱̟̘̫̠̭̲̻̺̹̈́̅̂̎̈́͂̇̅̑͐́͒͊̿͒̋̾́͂̽̚͜͝͝F̶͈͈̯͔̐͌͌̀́̎͋̐͆̓͋͆͗̊͒̈̑̓́̐̓͂̈́̎͐̚̕͠͝ͅ ̸̮̺͍͂C̶͇̹̹͚̙̫̼͍̗̩͈̟̘͎͉͕̞̣͋̂͆̈́̇̑͂̂́̍͛͗͆͑̔̎̒̅̃̀̓͒̃̍̉̽̚̚͜͝ͅA̶̛̛̘̞̱͗̏͌͑̅̃̍͂͂͗̂̐́̍̑̽̽͒̍̀̔́̍̈̚ͅỬ̶̧̧̧̦̪͓̼̱̣͚̖̖̠̜͍͈̳̤̟̬͚͙͍͔͓̂̃́́́͗̌̉̃͗̌́̎̍̅̀̂̎̽̾̔̈́̂̿̀̈́͑̐̕͝͠Š̴̡̡̡̧̛̝͉̖̝͖̯̳̪̤̳̤̼̰̮͓͍̘̀͑̑̈́̔̍̏̃̓́͐̊͒̽̍̄̐̃̒̐̾͘̚͠͝ͅȀ̵̡̠̹͙̟̙̮̭̞̰̦̭̜̥̖̼͈̯̪͍͎̗̗͚̪͎͚̰̰͊̕Ļ̶̛̩͉̭͐̋̔͆̈͌͂̀̏̈̈́̐̊́͋̓̕͠͝Ḯ̶̧̛̺͔̘̪̬̭̪͈̤̫͙͉̺͍͎͕̊͑̍̍͊́͊͛̌̚̕͠T̵̛͙̰͍̹͚̻̥̲̬̰̤͔̘̖̳͈͓̣͙̤̼̹̒̂̀̏̓̂̑͂̂̓̓̊͐̈́͆̅͘̚͜͝Ȳ̶̧̗̗̙̟͙̤͖͍͚͈͎̜̦͉̳̖̲͚̝̪͙̰̳͈̯͔̟̱̩̥̝̩̫̅̈̅̈́̀͝] are one of the reasons those rules are in place].

… Can I know what thos-

[N̸̨̡̖̼͖̫̘͚̪͙̥̪̟̳̬̺̟̪̰̤̥̣̬̜͕͎̣͍̆̈͑̈́̒̅̾̾̅̚͘̚͘͝Ơ̶͎͈̙͍̜̊̽̋̐̓̒̊̅̈̊̍́̈́̆̂̎͗́͆̔̓͒̍̕̕͠͠͝]

The slime was a bit scared. It began to tremble a bit. It felt a similar feeling to this when it was attack by its look-alike, but it is its first time feeling “scared”.

Sally, seeing the trembling slime and feeling something amiss, it took the slime and gave it a hug.

… As the slime calmed down, it could finally think things through.

There wasn’t any way possible for it to communicate through sound currently, as its shape-shifting skill was to low level, and too many conditions are to be met for the others.

But I could still use that skill for something.

As the slime activated the Shape-shifting skill, some knowledge was appearing in its mind, and it knew what it was capable to do, at least for now.

It moved some matter inside of itself with some mana and able to make some protrusions at its sides.

They’re small, but this could work as small arms.

They were just little thin cones with any fingers at the tip. But it could move then like it wanted, so it could finally express itself better.

But for now, there was something it wanted to do.

Sally was still hugging the slime. So, to finally reciprocate the feeling of comfort, it hugged her back.

Sally flinched a bit, but hugged the slime tighter right after.

… They stayed like this for, a while. And then Sally lightly pushed the slime away.

“I guess this proves you are the slime than before, but you have surely grown from the last time you were here… I won’t ask how that happened though. You might be uncomfortable about that.”

The slime “shrugged” as best as it could, which made Sally giggle.

“Hehe! You can be funny sometimes. Ha! Now we can finally shake hands!”

Sally put her hand out in front of the slime. The slime, knowing what she meant, held out its “arm” and Sally took it.

They shook hands. Sally let the slime’s arm go.

“Well, that was fun, but I need to go. I don’t want my parents to scold me again.”

*giggle*

“So, same time and place?”

“?”

“Um, can we meet tomorrow here at the same time again?”

The slime shook its head.

Yes!”

“See you tomorrow!”

Their meeting was brief, but it was still enjoyable, and the slime looked forward to their next one, it thought.

And so, after seeing Sally enter her home, the slime went in the forest.

This time, there is a lot to discover, and it won’t run around like yesterday.

 

–––––Author’s note––––

Hey! I’m back! Sorry for being late. I’m sure you read what happened on my profile, but if you didn’t, well one of our cats here bit into my computer’s charger and I wasn’t really able to access my computer for a while. I don’t live near on apple store either, so I had to wait a bit.

But here it is! Hope you liked it.

As always, I’m open to any comments who show my mistakes and any constructive criticism.

6